PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
45 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Would the sponsor want to change their colours though? I mean, to change it to black or white would still be understandable but red or blue or gold?

You are right. They can’t just change their logo colours to anything, they have to go with what their brand allows. You normally get the main coloured logo and also monochrome styles. Some companies will also do different coloured versions to match their brand colour palette.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aramco would've been the nicest looking sponsor but doubt we could have that due to its ties to PIF.

If regulations prevent a PIF-owned company from sponsoring Newcastle Utd then Aramco is more likely than Qiddiya and NEOM. NEOM and Qiddiya are %100 owned by PIF. Aramco is 98% owned by PIF.

Maybe eventually Saudia will be the sponsor but it's owned by the state which also "own" PIF :D You can bet PL will challenge the legality of any potential sponsorship deal.

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aramco would've been the nicest looking sponsor but doubt we could have that due to its ties to PIF.

PIF don’t own Aramco, our new chairman is the chairman of both though but that doesn’t mean it’s a party related as PIF and Aramco are independent of each other. Or do I understand wrongly?

17 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

If regulations prevent a PIF-owned company from sponsoring Newcastle Utd then Aramco is more likely than Qiddiya and NEOM. NEOM and Qiddiya are %100 owned by PIF. Aramco is 98% owned by PIF.

Maybe eventually Saudia will be the sponsor but it's owned by the state which also "own" PIF :D You can bet PL will challenge the legality of any potential sponsorship deal.

Well, the Premier league have told us they have the legal papers which prove PIF is separate from the Saudi state.

Its the Saudi state who 98% own aramco so as far as we're concerned we could be sponsored by them. 

6 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Well, the Premier league have told us they have the legal papers which prove PIF is separate from the Saudi state.

Its the Saudi state who 98% own aramco so as far as we're concerned we could be sponsored by them. 

Al-Rumayyan is the chairman of Aramco though, would that not come into play? If we're being sponsored by a Saudi company I'd like it to be Aramco, as I said before it'll be the nicest looking sponsor we could get imo.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

I haven't followed the takeover proceedings but PIF is owned wholly by the Government of Saudi Arabia, it's a well-known fact. I have no idea how the PL proved otherwise [emoji38]

As for Aramco's ownership, as far as I know, its 98% ownership was transferred to be directly under PIF 3-4 years ago. Maybe there were changes later that I didn't update myself with.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Al-Rumayyan is the chairman of Aramco though, would that not come into play? If we're being sponsored by a Saudi company I'd like it to be Aramco, as I said before it'll be the nicest looking sponsor we could get imo.

Would have to depend on the governance of Aramco - what is  the Chairman of the Board’s involvement in sponsorship and marketing deals. FYI, any sponsorship of Newcastle United by any of these Saudi companies rumored would be so immaterial to them w/r/t % of revenue or % of expenses to those respective companies. Like wouldn’t even show up in a rounding error. 

1 hour ago, Khalidao said:

I haven't followed the takeover proceedings but PIF is owned wholly by the Government of Saudi Arabia, it's a well-known fact. I have no idea how the PL proved otherwise [emoji38]

As for Aramco's ownership, as far as I know, its 98% ownership was transferred to be directly under PIF 3-4 years ago. Maybe there were changes later that I didn't update myself with.

They'd received assurances that NUFC wouldn't be controlled by the Saudi State, not that they weren't linked iirc. 

14 hours ago, Ben said:

Would the Premier league allow the Saudis to be the main sponsor of the league instead of Barclays ? 

The PL don't have a title sponsor anymore, the reason for this is the clubs are compromised in the choice of sponsors, for example NatWest aren't going to sponsor a club playing in the Barclays PL  City don't wear the Emirates FA Cup branding on their shirts due to the Etihad sponsorship