PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

I’m gonna say it again, Agbonlahore would be a spice head in Aston somewhere if he didn’t make it as a footballer.

Interesting discussion on TF podcast recently in response to the AS/MG interview in the athletic framed as 'how big can NUFC be'? I think it's actually more useful, for now, to flip that question and ask 'what is the level below which NUFC shouldn't fall?' IMO NUFC should be in the conversation for a top 6 finish every season. The ceiling may well be a lot higher than that, but that should be the floor I think. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely tongue in cheek…

Ha! 

She knows what she's doing there. It's a thinly veiled dig at him not paying the going rate but hard to substantiate as such because of the wording. 

18 minutes ago, Sima said:

All of these journalists are shitting themselves at a resurgent NUFC.

Fuck the lot of them.

Do you honestly think that’s the motivator? They’re just all top six fans terrified at the prospect of European qualification being harder? 

Just now, Bompeter said:

Do you honestly think that’s the motivator? They’re just all top six fans terrified at the prospect of European qualification being harder? 

I'm old enough to remember the gleeful media revelling in our capitulation in 1996.

It's not their entire motivation but the investment is there in a NW/London rivalry and there is resentment at someone potentially upsetting the power balance.