PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

They’ll be here as long as they want. They’ve already stated that they won’t take a back seat once the CEO is in place because if they keep working as they are now the club can achieve more faster. PIF may have funded the majority of the sale but PCP made it happen.

They also did say that their role was temporary and would leave I am sure at some point. I imagine they want to stick around long enough to win something or until it gets tiresome and it is running itself mainly.

here is the full transcript of the interview.  As you can see the media has picked out a part of transcript but left the closing part off (except BBC)

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/we-want-to-here-for-20-years-amanda-staveley-full-transcript-on-building-brand-newcastle-united-3596075

Im dont see what the hoo haw is about what she said, in her opinion its sad, not that its right or wrong, just she thinks its sad and probably not fair

Would have been better if she hadn't said it as its given twitter something to shout.

I hope Amanda and Merhdad stick around indefinitely as I think they are great. And the more their prescence and comments wind up the southern-based journalists and rival fans the better it is. The whole concept of sportswashing is utter bullshit anyway, probably a slogan invented by a journalist trying to sound clever. These people do not give the slightest fuck about their image or what people think of their human rights record. With the oil slowly running out they simply want to own...or have their fingers in the pie of...as many Western assets as possible. It's all about securing their future economic power. That's it.

29 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The sooner you guys realize that you're not going to agree with everything your owner, players, or manager does the better.

totally agree - just find this particular explosion very weird as the comment is pretty benign

Edited by Awaymag

3 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Its not what we believe that matters.  Its what PL and PIF have legally agreed to:

you can't in one instance have PL say they have legal clarifications of separation and that PIF are the owners to then have PL bring in new conditions and then say actually we believe the Saudi state own NUFC.    Any new rules can be run against existing Directors only and Saudi State is not a director of NUFC, the PIF chairman is.

Well the PIF is "owned" by the Saudi state, and the Chairman of the PIF is the leader of Saudi-Arabia anyway, so does it really make a difference?

If we are owned by the PIF then we are owned by bin Salman, and I doubt he would pass a test or check regarding human rights.

7 minutes ago, Rompe said:

Well the PIF is "owned" by the Saudi state, and the Chairman of the PIF is the leader of Saudi-Arabia anyway, so does it really make a difference?

If we are owned by the PIF then we are owned by bin Salman, and I doubt he would pass a test or check regarding human rights.

Whatever, not going round this circle again on separation  

IMHO, it will never happen that PL change the rules of the director test in a way that would make PIF fail the test and have to sell its 80%.   PL have shown, once you have bought, you're in!

Edited by Awaymag

35 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

here is the full transcript of the interview.  As you can see the media has picked out a part of transcript but left the closing part off (except BBC)

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/we-want-to-here-for-20-years-amanda-staveley-full-transcript-on-building-brand-newcastle-united-3596075

Im dont see what the hoo haw is about what she said, in her opinion its sad, not that its right or wrong, just she thinks its sad and probably not fair

Would have been better if she hadn't said it as its given twitter something to shout.

Another fantastic interview. Amanda really is everything Ashley wasn't. After a decade and a half of pure anguish, stagnation and embarrassment we are now all set for an unbelievable time of excitement, progress, ambition and, hopefully, success. Bring it on! :indi:

Edited by Unbelievable

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Also wrong, nobody has forced him to sell Chelsea.

Unless he’s been given warning that he’s going to be sanctioned, which would obviously never happen in a noble western democracy like ours. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:bob:

I don't disagree (not in the way she means mind). State actors from the likes of the Saudi, Qatar, Russia shouldn't be allowed near football, but here we are because the governing bodies took the cash and turned a blind eye. Why is this any different to Saudi obliterating Yemen or Qatar using actual Slaves to build World Cup venues? You can't let known horrible cunts into the game and then get upset when they start behaving like horrible cunts.

We are always going to have geopolitical issues. This world is never going to not have problems. It is hard and really sad that someone is going to have a football club taken away from them because of a relationship they may have with someone. I don't think that's particularly fair to be honest. But I also think we have to hold all of our relationships to account.

It's a silly thing to say, but a lot of places conveniently cutting out the last sentence, suppose that part doesn't make it sound like she's a cunt. 

8 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

What’s the chances of PIF being forced to sell as well ? 

Hence Staveley sticking up for Abramovich 

it’s seems there might be a crack down and we could be next the line ? 

That would involve the UK government sanctioning KSA, which absolutely no-one is suggesting will happen.