PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

1000 pages of Takeover and we're literally no further forward. Classic :lol:

On the contrary - we know that its definately ON and that the consortium never walked away.

Shouldn't we know sometime this month if it's happening or not if arb only takes a week?

Or like by August 6 if it starts on July 31. 

Why are people going on about September?

I don't have a clue what's going on.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Passed off by the Gov, but Staveley speaks very well.

Staveley has come across extremely well in these interviews. She's made a lot of the doubters change their opinion of her. She'd be the perfect front for NUFC.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Shouldn't we know sometime this month if it's happening or not if arb only takes a week?

Or like by August 6 if it starts on July 31. 

Why are people going on about September?

I don't have a clue what's going on.

Arbitration will likely be concluded by the end of the month. But even if we win it, then the Saudis have to come back to the table and complete the ODT. Which means late August/early September is likely to be the earliest that change of ownership is complete.

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Arbitration will likely be concluded by the end of the month. But even if we win it, then the Saudis have to come back to the table and complete the ODT. Which means late August/early September is likely to be the earliest that change of ownership is complete.

But if we do win and the Saudi's re-submit the bid, it will deffo happen right?

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Would it necessarily need to be a fresh ODT or can they speed things up by recycling any original papers etc. Its just a joke everything needs doing twice or fresh etc.

I just want the PL to say what their issue is compromise like AS has said, and push this through in rapid time to just please all and put it to bed.

Someone on the buying side has GOT to have rang the PL 'off the record' and asked what theyve got to do get this thing passed.

We all know money talks.

The PL, for example, are underpaying the football league their share of the tv money by hundreds of millions if i remember rightly.

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Would it necessarily need to be a fresh ODT or can they speed things up by recycling any original papers etc. Its just a joke everything needs doing twice or fresh etc.

I just want the PL to say what their issue is compromise like AS has said, and push this through in rapid time to just please all and put it to bed.

They would surely apply the old test rules and resume from where they got bogged down.

Guest reefatoon

This is what I don’t understand. You would think the premier league would want to work with potential buyers when they are wanting to acquire a club. If there are problems, come up with solutions and things needed to help it proceed. They just seem to be doing the complete opposite. It makes no sense at all.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

This is what I don’t understand. You would think the premier league would want to work with potential buyers when they are wanting to acquire a club. If there are problems, come up with solutions and things needed to help it proceed. They just seem to be doing the complete opposite. It makes no sense at all.

It does if you remember the PL are there to protect the "big 6". That is basically all they're there for. Makes perfect sense.

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It does if the 'big 6' run the league, which seems to be the case.

8 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Someone on the buying side has GOT to have rang the PL 'off the record' and asked what theyve got to do get this thing passed.

We all know money talks.

The PL, for example, are underpaying the football league their share of the tv money by hundreds of millions if i remember rightly.

It seems like the PL flat out refused to talk to or accept any correspondence from anyone but the club, that's part of the complaint in the CAT case.

18 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I have already mentally wrote off next season anyway once the takeover dragged on into late summer. I can take another season of shite as long as I know there's light at the end of the tunnel. If the takeover gets done even by October we can use the January window to buy players, and no doubt Bruce will have us struggling near the bottom 3 so should be fairly easy to sack him when we've got a decent manager lined up. 

Just now, TRon said:

I have already mentally wrote off next season anyway once the takeover dragged on into late summer. I can take another season of shite as long as I know there's light at the end of the tunnel. If the takeover gets done even by October we can use the January window to buy players, and no doubt Bruce will have us struggling near the bottom 3 so should be fairly easy to sack him when we've got a decent manager lined up. 

Yeah I think it's highly likely that Bruce starts the season. If we get taken over in September then the whole feel good factor will probably be enough to carry us to at least Xmas. They could then consider whether to peddle him at Xmas or next summer.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Yeah I think it's highly likely that Bruce starts the season. If we get taken over in September then the whole feel good factor will probably be enough to carry us to at least Xmas. They could then consider whether to peddle him at Xmas or next summer.

Yep, I think the new owners would use next season as a primer to get things ready for the following season to really get things going. Get the infrastructure set up in readiness for bigger upgrades across the board. 

WIth Rafa gone there is no obvious candidate now though. If we got Willock back on loan, have Jones there to keep Doubtfire in check and make a few extra signings, even loanees, then we can consolidate for another few months at the very least.

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

If the first thing they do isn't sack Bruce they can get to fuck tbh [emoji38]

Though I like this thinking, but if it's Amanda who has the say in these types of things rather than MBS or the PIF side, I'd think they will keep Bruce on for a while. Amanda has made it into many people's good books based on the interview she has given so she ain't going to sack poor old Stevie Bruce right off the bat. If she does, she'll go further up in my estimation.

Guest reefatoon

Makes you wonder. If Bruce had managed to do his job properly and relegate us, would the new owners already be in place by now? Out of the premier league and if they still wanted us, this would have probably went through in no time.