PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'm feeling optimistic actually. But then again, at this point in the game there is nothing to lose for me. If we lose then I won't be hanging around to wallow in the misery so might as well go out in a blaze of hope.

And the other positive is that Ashley will be stuck with a club he doesn't want or will have to sell cheap. There's no one else out there willing to pay him over £300m for that club I'm sure. So the greedy fat bastard will suffer

with us

Edited by Bishops Finger

3 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

And the other positive is that Ashley will be stuck with a club he doesn't want or will have to sell cheap. There's no one else out there willing to pay him over £300m for that club I'm sure. So the greedy fat bastard will will with us

Yeah I was think that recently too. The days of being demented about Ashley still owning the club are finally coming to an end, one way or the other. He can keep it forever for all I care if this doesn't go through.

Edited by Wandy

Nearly 4 years since the club went up for sale and these are the only ones who have enough funds to strike a deal. BZG, Bellagraph Nova, alleged Chinese interest in summer of 2017, Staveley 1, the Mexican group, Kenyon and GACP, the alleged Palace investor who put in the deposit, Rockefeller Capital who I think were with Kenyon another time... (forgetting anyone?) yet the ones that do have the means are held up. 

Last year was a write-off and so will this season if PIF+ doesn't happen. Really is all or nothing 

I nearly left the forum for good today, I'm literally teetering on the edge and that's nothing to do with the folk in here, most I get on with, don't always agree eye to eye but we all share a love for NUFC. Or at least we did, a single thread of hope is all that keeps me in, 14 years on here and I've never felt so cured of it all. Boom or bust.

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Nearly 4 years since the club went up for sale and these are the only ones who have enough funds to strike a deal. BZG, Bellagraph Nova, alleged Chinese interest in summer of 2017, Staveley 1, the Mexican group, Kenyon and GACP, the alleged Palace investor who put in the deposit, Rockefeller Capital who I think were with Kenyon another time... (forgetting anyone?) yet the ones that do have the means are held up. 

Last year was a write-off and so will this season if PIF+ doesn't happen. Really is all or nothing 

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah I was think that recently too. The days of being demented about Ashley still owning the club are finally coming to an end, one way or the other. He can keep it forever for all I care if this doesn't go through.

Exactly, it’s not about wanting the Saudi’s as owners it’s far bigger than that.

It’s about us or any other club outside the 6 from being allowed to compete and threaten the status quo. 

As PBP proved they wanted a veto on new owners if it threatened them.

Why the fuck would anyone still want to be part of a competition where we’re not allowed this deal due to the wealth of our new backers. However, then accept a leveraged yank buy out and merrily continue on being cannon fodder for the top clubs.

57 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Hope that kills you isn't it? If it sounds too good to be true it probably is and £250m in the squad, the area over a few years is far too good to be true when we're against the establishment fighting against it 

Wait where did this come from? :lol:

Last I had read was that it was going to be "sensible" recruitment and spending and they didn't want to do a Man City/Chelsea.

“We had a plan for £250 million of investment in the club over the first few years, as much as we could put in,” Staveley says. “And on top of that, we had massive plans to invest in the city, in housing, everything. We talked with the council. Newcastle are the last great untapped club. The last great club with so much potential to grow and improve and with a fanbase who were already there and who wanted it so much.”

https://theathletic.co.uk/1963915/2020/07/30/amanda-staveley-the-premier-league-impossible-ridiculous-newcastle-united-interview/ 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

“We had a plan for £250 million of investment in the club over the first few years, as much as we could put in,” Staveley says. “And on top of that, we had massive plans to invest in the city, in housing, everything. We talked with the council. Newcastle are the last great untapped club. The last great club with so much potential to grow and improve and with a fanbase who were already there and who wanted it so much.”

https://theathletic.co.uk/1963915/2020/07/30/amanda-staveley-the-premier-league-impossible-ridiculous-newcastle-united-interview/ 

It just makes you sick man.

16 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Premier league: We're going to have to protect Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle United and the fans of the club and tell them they're better off with Mike Ashley and his no investment approach. 

Thanks for caring Premier league. Thanks.

I was forced to pick a team as a young un so to be a dick i picked a player at random.... it was shearer at southampton. so i dont have the same connection as some of you guys, but this is fucking twisting me up inside and is insane

How are the gov not all over this pif are willing to do the investment the the gov cant or wont, surley having more rich teams in the prem is a good thing for the commercial side of things.

I think masters has painted himself/the prem into a corner and the only responce now is the same as a playground bully attack. otherwise what the fuck is going on

The big thing with this consortium is that they'd play to the rules, we're led to believe. What they say and what they do might be totally different like when Ashley claimed we could be Champions League in 3 years or something crazy. I shared a quote about a big 6 source not wanting any more "Leicester Citys" before, the 40 or so meetings the big 6 had before opening up talks with the other 14 clubs. Staggering the influence they have, they chose their own punishment within 6 weeks - a collective £20 million I think it was between them. 

I see it as more investment into football, but others obviously see us as a competitive threat or a commercial threat giving piracy links to the Saudi state.