PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I have just read his tweets and I absolutely detest that fella, he even had the cheek to suggest he should be the next journalist to speak to her because of his standing with the Newcastle fans 

The cunt will not be getting an interview and hopefully will be banned from SJP for life.

I think she came across well in the intervju and Simon did not.

He asks a question and doesn't let her answer it before he interrupts her. Doing that is really bad and makes him sound provoking with nothing to really say.

He should let her answer the questions and then argue against if he can or want.

It's really nice to hear how passionate she is about all this!

Just now, Ed210 said:

I don’t think it was a car crash at all but I don’t think it was a good idea to try and engage with Simon Jordan. He’s a buffoon. 

I think she went into it thinking she MIGHT get shit off Jordan given what he said the other day, and so had her heckles up in preparation for some attempt at a wind up. His point about going to government was a reasonable enough question but she defaulted to that "I know you don't want this to happen" line, which wasn't really called for in that precise context. The Saudi question was obviously incendiary. 

37 minutes ago, Ben said:

Well done to them all, getting up and doing something. 

There'll be the obvious knuckle draggers who will say "it won't change anything" and maybe it won't, but at least they are fighting for the club. 

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

They don't trust Beloff, it's as simple as that. The media interviews are simply designed to apply scrutiny to him in particular. I don't think we have anything to worry about with the other two but Beloff is a significant worry.

Beloff will be completely impartial as he has a reputation to uphold.  He will apply the rules as they are written.  These QC's are Wordsmiths, in other words Masters of the English Lanquage.  I have spent the last 30 years of my long career dealing with High Court judges and the correct/incorrect  interpretation of legislation.  If the O&D test has one word in the wrong place it can completely alter its effect, regardless of the policy intention behind the drafting of the O&D tests.

Just now, Ankles Bennett said:

Beloff will be completely impartial as he has a reputation to uphold.  He will apply the rules as they are written.  These QC's are Wordsmiths, in other words Masters of the English Lanquage.  I have spent the last 30 years of my long career dealing with High Court judges and the correct/incorrect  interpretation of legislation.  If the O&D test has one word in the wrong place it can completely alter its effect, regardless of the policy intention behind the drafting of the O&D tests.

Well if you are correct we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

5 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

“It does occur to me that with EFLs permission I could respond by saying that my advice did not iscuss (sic) the meaning of the defiitionsin hre (sic) rules of person’’dire tor’or control’. (sic) The cklub (sic) would have to-asnd (sic) might not-take my word for it,amnd (sic) would say that without the advice they could not be confident that this was so” The Honourable Michael J Beloff QC

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

“It does occur to me that with EFLs permission I could respond by saying that my advice did not iscuss (sic) the meaning of the defiitionsin hre (sic) rules of person’’dire tor’or control’. (sic) The cklub (sic) would have to-asnd (sic) might not-take my word for it,amnd (sic) would say that without the advice they could not be confident that this was so” The Honourable Michael J Beloff QC

Yes I agree that's dreadful, but you see what I mean about one word (or more) in the wrong place changing the intention.  :lol:

Just now, Ankles Bennett said:

Yes I agree that's dreadful, but you see what I mean about one word (or more) in the wrong place changing the intention.  :lol:

I agree, my work involves reading a lot of legislation and policy, and court judgements interpreting that.

Judges do get it wrong sometimes though, I see a few a judgements that I really don't agree with, and its not that unusual for interpretations to go one way in the High Court another way in the Court of Appeal and even back again at the Supreme Court. Such interpretations are usually subjective, although judges are very skilled at delivering them with a veneer of objectivity.

15 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Is that Latin, these legals love a bit of Latin:lol: 

16 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I agree, my work involves reading a lot of legislation and policy, and court judgements interpreting that.

Judges do get it wrong sometimes though, I see a few a judgements that I really don't agree with, and its not that unusual for interpretations to go one way in the High Court another way in the Court of Appeal and even back again at the Supreme Court. Such interpretations are usually subjective, although judges are very skilled at delivering them with a veneer of objectivity.

I drafted a submission on a particular case where the High Court Judge disagreed with me and the case went all the way up to the Court of Appeal who, two years later, set aside the Judges decision and substituted their own decision which mirrored my original submission, so yes judges do sometimes get it wrong!!

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Full transcript:

"I'm so staggered by all the incredible support that we've had from the fans over the last year. More tha na year. Many of them today, many of you guys listening and taking time out of your lives to travel to London. We're so grateful for your support, we really think this is important. 

We think that the arbitration process should be made public so that you guys can see exactly what's going on. One of the great draws of the club was the fantastic fanbase so I'd like to take the time to say thank you to you all. 

I think we've made our points very clear to the government and I think the arbitration is key, we obviously want this transaction and the club and want very much to invest in the club, invest in the north, invest in Newcastle, and there's no reason why that can't go ahead. 

Obviously this arbitration process is critical and I think that's why all of us want to have the chance to see what is going on between the PL and Mike.

One thing I would like to make clear, we also want to have very good relations with the PL. Trying to become part of their institution, we're huge fans of football at all levels - grassroots is very important. 

We're very supportive of Mike and we hope we can be supportive of the PL. We'd have never backed a Super League plan. Hoping in the future that there's a way forward.

I don't want to draw battle lines, I just want to say 'look, this process is going on, we want very much to buy and invest in the club, we'd like the PL to run the arbitration process in public, Mike would like the same. Therefore, any questions that anyone might have about how committed we were, what we want to do, can be answered. I think it's an opportunity for the PL to take a view that they welcome the transparency as well. It's easier then, if there any critics post-process, at least everybody can say 'it was run with full transparency' and that;s important. 

[Jordan claims that it's pointless going to government about all this and that the PL itself has the ability to change rules around transparency]

I think you're wrong, you talk about twenty years and barking at the moon... Sport has changed dramatically in the last two years because of COVID. I know you're not pro our deal and I'm not going to get into a spat on Talksport. You have your opinions and that's fine, you'v;e never met me, you don't know who I am, you've never looked at our business plan. 

Just give me chance to answer your question. The PL have the right to vote this, and that's what we might do, that's what we asked for. But the PL is run by a board and that board is allow to make decisions about how this process is run. Now, arbitration is a particular point of law, it is not something you can say is typical to the process in sport arbitration over the last year. If the PL can make that decision, you're right, the government have said, this process should be transparent - they are supportive of it. 

Tell me why you're not supportive of it. [Jordan claims he is supportive of it, and says it's down to the PL to resolve it]

We've asked the PL to resolve it and we've asked them to have a vote on it, providing transparency. You'll find that the PL have instances, especially re arbitration... the PL offered this arbitration process, they didn't say to all the other clubs - 'we want to have this process, is it okay?' They had the ability to go out and do this. 

Saying the fanbase is gullible is ridiculous. 

We are looking forward to welcoming you into SJP and we are looking forward to getting this transaction over the wall and it will do.

We've made our position and thank you very much, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the fans.

We are all there, Mr Jordan, we are all very passionate about Newcastle, all the consortium members are. I've made that very clear in my other interviews. Made it clear to Sky and to Tyne Tees so thank you very much and thanks to the fans."

:thup:

Thanks for posting that, she seems to have made her points very well, and with the passion we would be proud of ourselves as fans. 

20 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Is that Latin, these legals love a bit of Latin:lol: 

Correcting a spelling mistake in a legal document can sometimes alter the intended meaning so entering (sic) after the mistake means this is an unaltered spelling from the original draft!  

6 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Correcting a spelling mistake in a legal document can sometimes alter the intended meaning so entering (sic) after the mistake means this is an unaltered spelling from the original draft!  

Jesus. Was he half cut when he wrote it then? Doesn't bode well after all. :lol:

Fair play to her she seems v bullish about this going through. 

Agree with others about the Premier League boxing themselves in. What they are doing here is absolutely unbelievable. Not only are they totally going against their own mission statement by not allowing the club to level up via outside investment but they are also denying the area itself from much needed regeneration. And for what? The benefit of six of the traditional big clubs? Those same clubs who have made not one but two power grabs in the last 12 months alone. This just isn’t right. Masters and Hoffman have only succeeded in making themselves look unbelievably weak and stupid with this whole saga. The best thing they could do is quietly wave it through because it’s clear this is something we won’t let lie. 

Edited by BennyBlanco

2 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Simon Jordan is one of those people who loves the sound of their own voice, think that everything they say is correct as long as they talk eloquently even if what they are saying is absolute tripe.

Ego bigger than Ashley's bootcut jeans.

This

1 minute ago, Menace said:

People seem to forget she was spouting this shite to Caulkin 12 months ago.

That's because before the big 6 brought Hoffman in the deal was on.