PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 hours ago, Joey Linton said:
2 minutes ago, buzz said:

Even worse when you see part 2 of the tweet

He has protected his tweets now only people who follow him can read them. He has probably been bundled into the back of a van by MI5 and is currently being interrogated. 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

That obviously makes sense but the speculation here isn't that the nature of PIF has changed, rather that they've cooked something up to avoid PIF having to go through the test at all? Unless I'm misunderstanding, which is entirely likely. 

As long as PIF is the controlling owner in the proposed structure, it's going to be subject to the officers and directors test. The corporation sole designation wouldn't alter that. 

6 hours ago, Rocker said:

Probably been answered, but what's the point of doing this then? (updating CH)

The company (i.e., NCUK Investment Limited) has an obligation to keep its "people with significant control" information updated and accurate with the Companies House. The filing updates PIF's address as well as making a change from legal form of public investment fund to corporation sole. To the best of my knowledge, "public investment fund" isn't a legal category of entity in the U.K., and my guess is the lawyers thought "corporation sole" more accurately represents what PIF is under U.K. law, so they decided to change that at the same time they did the address change. 

I don't believe that there will be a takeover involving the Saudi's and don't want one either. One day Ashley will sell the club and hopefully it will be someone who isn't a complete dick like himself, or a bunch of desert fascists who we have absolutely nothing in common at all. Might as well have the Taliban as PIF.

11 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I don't believe that there will be a takeover involving the Saudi's and don't want one either. One day Ashley will sell the club and hopefully it will be someone who isn't a complete dick like himself, or a bunch of desert fascists who we have absolutely nothing in common at all. Might as well have the Taliban as PIF.

I’ll have what she’s having 

Still trying to get my head round this corporate sole stuff.

The corporate sole gives a single person the same legal rights as a company but with no partners, no board of directors or stockholders and essentially reduces what might be a large unwieldy company, to a single office and a single person.

The person appears to be Prince Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud.

So assuming this is connected to the takeover, and if I've understood correctly, PIF would no longer be the subject of an ODT but the person would be.

However, Prince Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud was detained on corruption charges by MBS and is reported to still be in captivity. So in all likelihood, he wouldnt pass the ODT and therefore, this coporation sole shite must be unrelated.

Hopefully this will still make sense in the morning :lol:

3 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Yeah maybe Apple.. Or Disney.. Or Nike... Nah sorry I'm running out of ideas looking for your lovely moral owner. 

Edited by Teasy

7 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Ashley will just keep passing the club to different family members, don't worry.

Guest neesy111

Re: that companies house change.

It could mean something or it could just be tidying up of the details and completely irrelevant....

Guest reefatoon
12 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Re: that companies house change.

It could mean something or it could just be tidying up of the details and completely irrelevant....

Exactly right :thup: Nobody knows either way, but it was something worth chatting about all the same.