PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm beside myself tbh. Talking at a million miles an hour. 

I've been trying to watch an episode of Squid Game for the past hour, I keep pausing it every 5 minutes to go back to this thread!

40 minutes ago, christ said:

Hope not. I’ve got back to back nights out this weekend. I might fucking die.

I'm at Rong in manchester on Saturday night, not sure my heart is going to see the weekend out.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

I for one will absolutely enjoy every minute of being the most hated club in English football. [emoji38]

Said it last time and will say it again. I get limited enjoyment from being a fan of everybody's favourite also ran soap opera. I reckon I can live with a go at undeserved success.

Ryder update: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-takeover-mike-ashley-21784896

Premier League chiefs are understood to be locked in talks with all parties as Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley pushes hard for the club's sale to be pushed through.

A claim of 24 hours has already been reported by the Times of London, but the Premier League have declined to make any official comment on the situation after a whirlwind day.

That said Ashley wants the deal done imminently and is keen to resolve any issues with the Premier League tonight.

Ashley is believed to have informed the Premier League today that he is prepared to drop his arbitration case against the Premier League if the takeover gets the green light.

Would be delighted if this goes through, but also a bit conflicted as everything we've heard about regardings the issues will have been seemingly bypassed. If the beIN aspect was there all along then surely the influencing of other clubs was true and therefore a contributing factor to not being approved despite the 'no comment'. The whole process has been an absolute farce so at least it is clarity either way!

Just to cover all bases though, I've dropped my excessively out of date bottle of Broon Ale back in the fridge, just in case. (Incidentally, does anyone know if it goes off? I've had it on standby, in and out of the fridge, since Mike Ashley first claimed he was going to sell the club years ago).

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

Ryder update: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-takeover-mike-ashley-21784896

Premier League chiefs are understood to be locked in talks with all parties as Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley pushes hard for the club's sale to be pushed through.

A claim of 24 hours has already been reported by the Times of London, but the Premier League have declined to make any official comment on the situation after a whirlwind day.

That said Ashley wants the deal done imminently and is keen to resolve any issues with the Premier League tonight.

Ashley is believed to have informed the Premier League today that he is prepared to drop his arbitration case against the Premier League if the takeover gets the green light.

So the Premier League dirt remains hidden, and we become the best part of it....awesome 

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Just to cover all bases though, I've dropped my excessively out of date bottle of Broon Ale back in the fridge, just in case. (Incidentally, does anyone know if it goes off? I've had it on standby, in and out of the fridge, since Mike Ashley first claimed he was going to sell the club years ago).

Ha ha I’m the same with 4 cans of dog 

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fucking hell, so conflicted. Despise Ashley more than almost anyone else in the world but this just feels like another death knell in football with the Saudis taking over

It's long dead, I'll accept a side of enjoyment with my football now please.