PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Why do so many in the media world seem to hate us? It's like he wants the club to suffer

Embrace it mate, we're about to become one of the most hated clubs in the world and I couldn't be more happier about it.

7 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Why do so many in the media world seem to hate us? It's like he wants the club to suffer

Embrace it mate, we're about to become one of the most hated clubs in the world and I couldn't be more happier about it.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Andy said:

You'd like to think a competent manager and some smart spending in January would be enough to keep us in the league, aided further by the increase in spirits that will be felt in our upcoming home matches. 

Not playing Ritchie and Murphy as wingbacks or fullbacks would improve us massively.

It's very weird one for me this because this season is the first time ever I've been able to properly pull myself away from the club altogether. 

Have watched about 60 minutes in total of our games. Have had no Sky Sports so been able to avoid them. Dived completely into supporting local non-league. Not even really followed the Premier League. I had convinced myself it was not happening, and that allowed me to have a clean break. 

For this to seemingly come from nowhere - not even sure how to take it. Probably won't know really until it's announced. 

Guest HTT II

I doubt I’ll ever be back at SJP other than maybe the occasional odd match, I just want to see Ashley gone, that is victory for me, whoever takes us over, I don’t care about mega spend or what not, as long as we try to compete and be the best we can be, I still love my club and always will, I tell my boys you don’t have to like football, play it or watch it, but you only ever have one club and that’s Newcastle United and it’s your club and you will always or should always want what’s best for it, full stop, it’s our club and always will be, formed by the fans, kept afloat by the fans and without the fans it wouldn’t exist. The beauty about it all is it belongs to our city, the people. Geordies born and bread and adopted Geordies from around the globe who for some insane reason choose to follow this mad old grande basket case of a club that is OURS. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I doubt I'll go back to many games tbh.  Reason is I've found other interests in my life that I enjoy, also don't like building weekends around games now.  Least I can support them as a fan again though.

Edited by neesy111

Probably never going to get satisfactory answers to a lot of things I'd really like to know about this whole sordid affair, but, ultimately, fuck it--I can live with that. And, more importantly, FUCK MIKE ASHLEY AND THE PL VIGOROUSLY IN SEVERAL UNPLEASANT ORIFICES!

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

You'd like to think a competent manager and some smart spending in January would be enough to keep us in the league, aided further by the increase in spirits that will be felt in our upcoming home matches. 

That's my thinking too, but even if we were to get relegated I couldn't give a flying fuck tbh. 1 season of rebuilding > one more day of Mike Ashley.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Shola surely gone as well, another Ashley apologist.

Needs to be a Year Zero which should entail a long methodical rebuild but unfortunately people are going to expect instant success, Mbappe, Messi et al.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Yeah, I doubt I'll go back to many games tbh.  Reason is I've found other interests in my life that I enjoy,.also don't like building weekends around games now.  Least I can support them as a fan again though.

I’ll settle for not wanting us to lose/crash and burn. I couldn’t do games anyway as it clashes with my boy’s footy and that’s more important to me, but I do desperately want him to grow up, both my boys, having a club they can dream of one day playing for/watching/cheering on and being proud of like I was fortunate with under KK, as many of us were. Titles, success, doesn’t matter, just give us a club that tries, that wants to compete, that wants to be the best it can be and with NUFC as KK showed us and dared us to believe and dream, there is no limit to what our club can be, become, achieve etc. Same with any organisation with the right people, ambition, mindset and goals. I’m living proof of that myself in my own life and business and I’m from fucking Scotchy :lol:

Edited by HTT II

I'd love nothing more than this being confirmed Friday afternoon then going on a 5 say drug fueled bender and ending up in ibiza losing my passport to get back home.

But I'm a middle aged father of 2, with a mortgage, a job and other fucking responsiblities so a few cans whilst they watch strictly on sat will have to do. 

This is probably just the hot chocolate talking (:milner:) but I reckon there's probably a deal to be had to buy Barcelona too and use them as some kind of feeder club. 

Man Utd had that thing with Royal Antwerp years ago didn't they? Man City have the City Group. Be sweet if that sporting club idea Sir John Hall modelled on Barcelona was in fact realised by buying Barcelona. 

1 minute ago, number37 said:

This is probably just the hot chocolate talking (:milner:) but I reckon there's probably a deal to be had to buy Barcelona too and use them as some kind of feeder club. 

Man Utd had that thing with Royal Antwerp years ago didn't they? Man City have the City Group. Be sweet if that sporting club idea Sir John Hall modelled on Barcelona was in fact realised by buying Barcelona. 

@Village Idiot

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It's very weird one for me this because this season is the first time ever I've been able to properly pull myself away from the club altogether. 

Have watched about 60 minutes in total of our games. Have had no Sky Sports so been able to avoid them. Dived completely into supporting local non-league. Not even really followed the Premier League. I had convinced myself it was not happening, and that allowed me to have a clean break. 

For this to seemingly come from nowhere - not even sure how to take it. Probably won't know really until it's announced. 

Similar, hence I'm not really taking an interest and concentrating on yellow cards @midds :lol: 

I'll just see how I feel if/when it's done.

1 minute ago, number37 said:

I respect your line of thinking tonight sir, i doth my cap hahaha!!

Just wait til we've got a manager in place that you can get behind, man. You'll be back in all the way. Someone that champions our club every week rather than drags it down every time they open their gob.