PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

As someone who's age has meant that I've only really known the Ashley era, been watching these since the news. Almost welling up, what a cunt. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxn4bTm5O0E

Yeah he's posted loads that fella, I subbed ages back. Feel sad you've only known this shit, I forget I'm 42 now, I did enjoy those times back in the 90s, but feel since the game evolved to the game it is today, I've also missed out, theres just been a stagnant nothingness for years and years.

Although I detested Pardew, in the past 14 years, I can only remember enjoying the side that finished 5th, Cabaye,Tiote,Ba,HBA.

That's probably the best time for you I guess? Well that and having Benitez, and I also didn't mind our Championship sides, it's fun when we're the dominant side in a division. 

But yeah times before you could even smile in defeat, because you knew it wasn't going to be every week.

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yeah he's posted loads that fella, I subbed ages back. Feel sad you've only known this shit, I forget I'm 42 now, I did enjoy those times back in the 90s, but feel since the game evolved to the game it is today, I've also missed out, theres just been a stagnant nothingness for years and years.

Although I detested Pardew, in the past 14 years, I can only remember enjoying the side that finished 5th, Cabaye,Tiote,Ba,HBA.

That's probably the best time for you I guess? Well that and having Benitez, and I also didn't mind our Championship sides, it's fun when we're the dominant side in a division. 

But yeah times before you could even smile in defeat, because you knew it wasn't going to be every week.

2011-12 is the only season in which I've been conscious of goings on at the club where we've finished above 7th. As someone born in December 2000 I've literally had nowt. Benitez was the outlier, I love the man, still do, as he provided hope beyond anything I could've imagined at the time. He came when were 19th in the league in March after all, remember being giddy as fuck seeing him interviewed in those first few games. But aye, 2011-12, 2016-17 although it was Championship, 2017-18 and the second half of 2018-19 are the only seasons I actively remember enjoying. 

I just wanted change and I didn't care what that was in regards to Saudi ownership. As someone with my political views I should care about it but I just don't, some sort of change was all I wanted and here we are. I'm awake at 5 past 2 on a Thursday morning talking about NUFC. :lol:

All I want is hope, plus a similar ride to 1993-94, and I'll be happy.

Literally watched the Entertainers 93/94 literal video last week and thought "thank god I experienced that" in a sort of giving up way.

Brought back that feeling of pride, belief and 'can't really believe this is happening' spoiledness at things.

Still probably my favourite season because of that mix of feelings and wonderment.

Edited by Wolfcastle

13 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Literally watched the Entertainers 93/94 literal video last week and thought "thank god I experienced that" in a sort of giving up way.

Brought back that feeling of pride, belief and 'can't really believe this is happening' spoiledness at things.

Still probably my favourite season because of that mix of feelings and wonderment.

As the ultimate 1992er it was my first season as ST holder.

My parents were mackems* who went home and away like real fans but then King Kev knocked on their door with a free Sky dish and declared the North Sea was retreating so they could now support Newcastle.

Season is seared into my brain. Lance Key to Stephen Beinlich.

*citation needed

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

As the ultimate 1992er it was my first season as ST holder.

My parents were mackems* who went home and away like real fans but then King Kev knocked on their door with a free Sky dish and declared the North Sea was retreating so they could now support support Newcastle.

Season is seared into my brain. 

*citation needed

Can't wait to be brandished a 2021er soon.

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Can't wait to be brandished a 2021er soon.

I was/am an 89er and in the four years that followed I got relegation, play-off defeat, lowest ever average attendance, lowest ever league finish. WIth no expectations whatsoever. Then came Keegan. If this gets signed off, I'll have an idea how you'll feel about what follows. First times the best too.

Edited by Wolfcastle

The dreams of being high and mighty are obviously class but just being a going PL (Osaka Orangade) concern would be enough for me.  

Like others have mentioned, I’ve semi successfully managed to expunge the club and games from being my primary concern unless I’ve nowt else going on. Be interesting to see how and if the switch turns back on. Not sure it will.

How all of the above fits with rank regime association is obviously another aspect which sits less than well personally but seeing journalists project their views on to my city and fellow populace, one they have never known or respected until now, puts you in automatically in defiant mood. 

Sportwashing it absolutely is, but when that direct investment becomes a more realistic hope of improving the city:region you live in than the actual government and their bias initiatives then that says more than anything.

Woke up to 200 new messages in here and wow. 

not allowing myself to believe just yet too many false dawns. 

as others have mentioned as well. Serious concerns over the new owners but we have zero control over who owns the club and the role of football in our lives is often to get away from reality. 

Had 4 hours sleep , up now so excited .

I can’t believe the change so quickly is about to happen , ive slated everything NUFC , the club had lost me . I’m now considering humble pie and falling in love again .

Drawing a line in the sand , don’t care what I get called , I’m back in . 

1976 was my first game , I entered the paddock in the West stand in awe, ive seen some shite and I’ve seen some wonderful times , a new era begins .