PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Its a strange one. In an ideal world we wouldn't be taken over by the Saudis and its cringeworthy to see a number of our Twitter fans going through all kinds of mental gymnastics to ethically justify it.

Their government is vile, but as fans there isn't a great deal we can do about it. Mike Ashley (while no where near in the same ball park as KSA) is also a horrible bastard, but as fans we only really rocked the boat when his running of the club became an issue.

As a fan, just because I'm relieved and delighted the parasite that is Mike Ashley is leaving my football club, it doesn't mean that I endorse the behaviour of one of the most brutal regime's going and no one should feel the need to. 

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Its a strange one. In an ideal world we wouldn't be taken over by the Saudis and its cringeworthy to see a number of our Twitter fans going through all kinds of mental gymnastics to ethically justify it.

Their government is vile, but as fans there isn't a great deal we can do about it. Mike Ashley (while no where near in the same ball park as KSA) is also a horrible bastard, but as fans we only really rocked the boat when his running of the club became an issue.

As a fan, just because I'm relieved and delighted the parasite that is Mike Ashley is leaving my footbsll club, it doesn't mean that I endorse the behaviour of one of the most brutal regime's going and no one should feel the need to. 

HxPB8iC.jpg

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As a fan, just because I'm relieved and delighted the parasite that is Mike Ashley is leaving my footbsll club, it doesn't mean that I endorse the behaviour of one of the most brutal regime's going and no one should feel the need to. 

My views as well.  Good post.

Not a Newcastle fan but signed up here to see what on Earth you all make of this.  Had a browse through the thread and mostly I see excitement about when it's going to happen and good riddance Ashley.

So I just wanted to ask, are most fans really positive about this? Are there any who feel uncomfortable about it? And are there any who are outright against it? (whether they want Ashley out or not).

I'm feel pretty sad and depressed for football, but it's not just this take-over it's all the billionaires that plough money into the game. Financial Fair Play hasn't worked they seem to just find loopholes. The game has become a billionaires playground, just a big cash battle. And how is there room for them all. What do we end up with? A top 3 of Newcastle, Man City and Chelsea with Man Utd, Tottenham, whoever battling it out for 4th? Where does this all end. The wages are ridiculous - Ronaldo I believe is on around 500K a week! De Bruyne around 400K! I personally can't celebrate any of this.  

But what is the general consensus of Newcastle fans? Is it - who cares, not our money, not our problem? We just want success and we don't care how we get it or what becomes of the game?

And honestly not criticising if that is your view. If you're happy, I hope you enjoy it./ If you don't approve of it I understand. Maybe I'm being over dramatic? But I feel like I'm mourning the game I have loved for a long time now. 

Edited by DAKnox

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

As a fan, just because I'm relieved and delighted the parasite that is Mike Ashley is leaving my football club, it doesn't mean that I endorse the behaviour of one of the most brutal regime's going and no one should feel the need to. 

I agree like but how will you feel if/when we see thousands of fans turn up to the Spurs game dressed in Saudi garb waving Saudi flags?

I think we can safely park the moral high ground around owners of a football club until the rest of the world puts its house in order. Governments across the globe happy to trade with Saudi yet NUFC are shithouses for being potentially owned by them.  Ok then. 

3 minutes ago, DAKnox said:

Not a Newcastle fan but signed up here to see what on Earth you all make of this.  Had a browse through the thread and mostly I see excitement about when it's going to happen and good riddance Ashley.

So I just wanted to ask, are most fans really positive about this? Are there any who feel uncomfortable about it? And are there any who are outright against it? (whether they want Ashley out or not).

I'm feel pretty sad and depressed for football, but it's not just this take-over it's all the billionaires that plough money into the game. Financial Fair Play hasn't worked they seem to just find loopholes. The game has become a billionaires playground, just a big cash battle. And how is there room for them all. What do we end up with? A top 3 of Newcastle, Man City and Chelsea with Man Utd, Tottenham, whoever battling it out for 4th? Where does this all end. The wages are ridiculous - Ronaldo I believe is on around 500K a week! De Bruyne around 400K! I personally can't celebrate any of this.  

But what is the general consensus of Newcastle fans? Is it - who cares, not our money, not our problem? We just want success and we don't care how we get it or what becomes of the game?

And honestly not criticising if that is your view. If you're happy, I hope you enjoy it./ If you don't approve of it I understand. Maybe I'm being over dramatic? But I feel like I'm mourning the game I have loved for a long time now. 

The game you loved died a while back. But now it's left the hospital and is at the funeral directors.

We have been raped for the last 14years how do you think we feel 

1 minute ago, DAKnox said:

More overjoyed that Ashley is leaving than having the Saudis come in to be honest. Never cared who came in as long as they made us a “normal” club again. We carry a lot of baggage after the past fourteen years so we are just relieved that we are shot of Ashley and we will see ambition and hope again..

i find it an interesting topic to talk about. Certainly the influence of rich owners on football is worrying but its almost a response to the setup that the old elite imposed. Just taking into account the extra revenue in sponsorship deals and tv money from the Champions League alone and in a FFP way how does any outsider consistently manage to break into that club eg look at Germany, Bayern are stupidly dominant there and any time anybody threatens their position at the top they just buy their best player or nab their manager all the time. That isn't healthy for football either 

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I mean Man United used to break the transfer record on the regular, it’s literally always been the same few teams winning the league 

I feel like it's always been the same too, but now other teams are freaking out because they are no longer guaranteed their spots at the top. If anything aren't we now moving towards a more equal playing field, with more clubs getting better backing?

It's increasingly going to be about who does a better job of running their clubs. Simply throwing a ton of money at things isn't going to automatically guarantee anything. See Everton as a recent example of that.

Edited by KaKa

There's a Success at what cost thread that went over this when it looked like it was going ahead last year. It would probably be talked about more if it didn't mean going over old ground and pissing on everyone's cornflakes when we're all at least unified in being delighted that Ashley's going.

24 minutes ago, DAKnox said:

Not a Newcastle fan but signed up here to see what on Earth you all make of this.  Had a browse through the thread and all I cans see is excitement about when it's going to happen and good riddance Ashley.

At the bare minimum we should have a club that tries, be that building gradually, appointing managers on their ability and not because they go along with the party line, or spunk £100bn signing up the worlds best talent.

I’m not uncomfortable with any of it. Saudi Arabia and other regimes that are not as clean as we would like invest in all aspects of our lives. This region is a region that has been failed by successive governments for successive generations and is no longer in a position to ask where any potential investment will come from.

It’s alright living in London and Manchester saying we can’t have the investment from these nations they have taken.

On a football level, football and sport sold it’s soul years ago, even before the Premier League came along, teams like Man Utd and Liverpool only became the big clubs they are today because they were bankrolled.

We have literally had to take the Premier League to court to show the world how they are actively trying to stop competition, ok so we might end up buying our way through the door to success, but if they were so active against us then what chance does a club with less money have? Where is the fairness for them?

The fans of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool all saying it’s bad for the sport about Saudi’s owning us are the same fans who were begging for them to buy their club.

I still believe that if we get taken over by the Saudi’s, then the Qatari’s will finally buy Leeds. Let’s keep an eye out for the Leeds fans who are skating us changing their tune when they become the next billionaire club.

Edited by Stifler

I'm more ecstatic about Ashley and his skeleton staff of idiots leaving.

That is the overriding feeling of joy. I'll deal with being despised for now being owned by Saudis after I've calmed down.

I'm not happy with our ownership now, can't say I'm enamoured by our new majority owners but what do people want us to do?

We protested Ashley and got pelters from all corners [emoji38]

To put things into perspective, club owners has always been rich and some have been shady. Since then, club owners are still rich and shady except they are now from other countries.