PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

I've got one in that tiny slither above the corner tunnel. L2A. Was the only one I could get an end seat. I always had an end seat with my last season tickets...which was...Bobby Robson's last season :lol: 

Had my season ticket from 2007-08 to 2018-19 with my dad in the East Stand. Some shite in those years like :lol: will be devastated if I can't get it back.

19 minutes ago, DAKnox said:

Not a Newcastle fan but signed up here to see what on Earth you all make of this.  Had a browse through the thread and all I cans see is excitement about when it's going to happen and good riddance Ashley.

So I just wanted to ask, are most fans really positive about this? Are there any who feel uncomfortable about it? And are there any who are outright against it? (whether they want Ashley out or not).

I'm feel pretty sad and depressed for football, but it's not just this take-over it's all the billionaires that plough money into the game. Financial Fair Play hasn't worked they seem to just find loopholes. The game has become a billionaires playground, just a big cash battle. And how is there room for them all. What do we end up with? A top 3 of Newcastle, Man City and Chelsea with Man Utd, Tottenham, whoever battling it out for 4th? Where does this all end. The wages are ridiculous - Ronaldo I believe is on around 500K a week! De Bruyne around 400K! I personally can't celebrate any of this.  

But what is the general consensus of Newcastle fans? Is it - who cares, not our money, not our problem? We just want success and we don't care how we get it or what becomes of the game?

And honestly not criticising if that is your view. If you're happy, I hope you enjoy it./ If you don't approve of it I understand. Maybe I'm being over dramatic? But I feel like I'm mourning the game I have loved for a long time now. 

In part, my view is that this is the way the game has already gone. So I'd rather take part and compete, than be compliant cannon fodder for the rest.

Of course I'd prefer if there was a level playing field to start with, but there already isn't, and we didn't cause that. There are already inherent advantages for the likes of Man U, which means I won't be crying for them. They're paying Ronaldo's wages ffs.

I don't know why Spurs are even in the conversation in the self selected big 6.

My main feeling is sheer relief to be rid of Ashley, and if they want to grow the club sustainably and sensibly, actually reinvesting in the club and it's infrastructure at long last, I'd be more than happy with that approach.

But if they want to blow a fortune and give us a wild ride for a few years, I'm not going to say I'd have any problem with that at all either. Other fans have had that, so why not us? As I say, we didn't cause that problem.

So either level it up for everyone, or if you're happy to accept an uneven playing field before now, then fans of the big 6 need to put their big boy pants on and accept that if you play with crocodiles, you might get bit.

Personally, I'd rather build like a Leicester, but not have our best players poached every season by a self entitled 'elite', but that's just me.

Today I'm just delighted

I was/am one of those fans disgusted by having Sports Neglect as a backdrop/foreground for fans of our club and the fact it became all our club and stadium was all about means it's wrong to say I don't care about that company and using attacks against it as a means to an end. I believed that NUFC could do better. What is clear is that we have a government, league and ownership paradigm that doesn't allow for decency or accountability and I've realised we're through the looking glass because money has made it that way. I've fought tooth and nail to see Ashley off - looks like it's done along with far more effort from others. The fact that someone/people likely engaged in sinister statecraft and acts of war crime now own us is so far from the fight I and others started I don't think we're wrong to pursue it. Am I prepared to lose even more friends, hobbies and family time over this?

I feel I've sacrificed much. When do these moralisers with actual influence and power start that fight? It better be more substantial than cheap vox pops and clickbait. Change is needed on so many fronts in the Western World and football/NUFC is microcosm. The day the revolution comes I'll be at the front of it but I'm tired and the vestiges of my family heritage and link to the NE are tied with this club in it's myriad forms and whilst I'll not be there for every kick - at least the day to day won't involve a rampant contempt for fans and conning time and money from my friends and neighbours. Is there hypocrisy present? Perhaps? Whataboutery? Maybe? What am I supposed to do now? If you want to start that conversation I'm adult and wordly wise enough to have it but if its part of the two-side, clickbait news cycle and narrative building - get fucked.

Edited by Darth Crooks

Haven't posted on this forum in a long, long time. But I must say, it feels great to be back.

Having packed in my ticket when Benitez left, not being able to take my son or go with my family and friends to the match fucking killed me - at least until this season. From the summer onwards I just completely took a back seat to all football, save for the Euros which I was fully behind.

Up until May 2019, I had been going with my brother and father to the match since I can remember, home and away. In August, we suddenly lost my brother and it fucking kills me that he isn't around for this.

I hope wherever you are, you're enjoying a Moretti and smiling down knowing your nephew and everyone you cared so much about is going to hopefully get back the past 2 years we've lost when we haven't been going.

I'm sorry your last memory of Newcastle United was a shell of what we fell in love with as kids. This one's for you mate.

Howay the fucking lads. Now the stress for a season ticket commences :lol:

9 minutes ago, RS said:

I think we can safely park the moral high ground around owners of a football club until the rest of the world puts its house in order. Governments across the globe happy to trade with Saudi yet NUFC are shithouses for being potentially owned by them.  Ok then. 

Exactly, the football clubs and fans have absolutely no say in any of these matters as governments are happy to do business with these other countries and this is the only reason they can even buy clubs at all.

These countries have completely different cultural and religious ideals and therefore completely different ideas of morality that go centuries back, and so I'm not entirely sure how those are ever going to change. Seemingly the western world has accepted those differences and has decided to keep them separate from any business dealings provided they don't force their ideals on the west and vice versa.

I find it strange that this is then used as a stick to beat football fans with when these lot are then allowed to buy a football club, which they can do nothing about. The fans are then criticized and expected to revolt against it, because they are now deemed to be adhering to the cultural and religious ideals of the owners. Incredible.

11 minutes ago, Abacus said:

In part, my view is that this is the way the game has already gone. So I'd rather take part and compete, than be compliant cannon fodder for the rest.

Of course I'd prefer if there was a level playing field to start with, but there already isn't, and we didn't cause that. There are already inherent advantages for the likes of Man U, which means I won't be crying for them. They're paying Ronaldo's wages ffs.

I don't know why Spurs are even in the conversation in the self selected big 6.

My main feeling is sheer relief to be rid of Ashley, and if they want to grow the club sustainably and sensibly, actually reinvesting in the club and it's infrastructure at long last, I'd be more than happy with that approach.

But if they want to blow a fortune and give us a wild ride for a few years, I'm not going to say I'd have any problem with that at all either. Other fans have had that, so why not us? As I say, we didn't cause that problem.

So either level it up for everyone, or if you're happy to accept an uneven playing field before now, then fans of the big 6 need to put their big boy pants on and accept that if you play with crocodiles, you might get bit.

Personally, I'd rather build like a Leicester, but not have our best players poached every season by a self entitled 'elite', but that's just me.

Today I'm just delighted

I think football is really beginning to get interesting.

The margins in wealth are disappearing as well as the margins in the availability of highly qualified people as the game has gotten more popular. We are increasingly seeing even the lesser clubs have highly capable people involved in their operations.

Seems to me the competition is going to be blown wide open with the likes of Leicester, Everton, Aston Villa and now Newcastle being far more capable than recently, and I imagine there will be more to come.

Edited by KaKa