PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

The way football is, there is really only space for a handful of teams at the top table. Clubs will have their turn whether it is just a few seasons or 20-30 years.

Im sure things will be good for us and it’s going to be at the longer term expense of another club - but it’s just like how we got knocked off our own fairly high perch around 2004.

someday we’ll get knocked off our perch again and someone else will replace us.

that is fair as no club fans should be allowed to have all the glory ad infinitum 

2 minutes ago, Mcfc ok said:

Be prepared to be hated by all other clubs it's amazing how other fans react when you suddenly start winning things :mike:

weirdly I never hated Man City personally.

at the time it just felt like it was your turn to have a bit of luck and success - and living in Manchester (and within the Maine Road footprint too) it has been a joy seeing what Man City have contributed to the city, unlike Man Utd that only do stuff for themselves 

3 minutes ago, James said:

weirdly I never hated Man City personally.

at the time it just felt like it was your turn to have a bit of luck and success - and living in Manchester (and within the Maine Road footprint too) it has been a joy seeing what Man City have contributed to the city, unlike Man Utd that only do stuff for themselves 

Having lived in MCR for a few years in the last decade seeing the Etihad campus grow was equally gutting and massively impressive. Its literally a different playing field to what we have

just so pleased for my kids and all the young 'ns out there.

at least i saw us have some decent times (its all relative) under KK and SBR, champions league nights, cup finals and got to european away games often.

they've  always known us as a shitty struggling club but have still shunned the likes of city and chelsea despite peer-pressure.

my younger son is 13 now, but he can still remember us handing out ashley out and sack pardew leaflets and getting shit off other fans, and also not quite understanding why we had to boycott a game. still got a picture of me and him from the chronicle holding a corner of that "eye test" banner in the gallowgate after a pardew game.

gonna cry soon.

but i wont believe it till its announced. 

I may have missed posts to quote - there have been 100 new pages - but huge huge huge huge HUGE props to Mandy for sticking through to the end with this.

She never gave up on getting this done and tonight's first cans are in her name.