PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, King Pablo said:

Lived up in Newcastle for a few years so know how passionate you guys are about your team.

So for that reason and for the fans i met up their i am pleased for you :D

Doesnt help my poor LUFC though and our top 6 ambitions, boo :laugh:

We had the Qatar takeover rumours (inflamed by our owner mentioning them every chance he got) year or so ago so we had the huge money/dodgy people conundrum at LUFC to.

Its really difficult i found.

As a fan you want success and trophies and excitement on the pitch.

All that is made much more likely with tons of cash.

But then the human rights stuff and political and moral issues those countries have were really off putting to, and of course that poor Journalist where Saudi Arabia are concerned is a deeply distressing indication of the sort of people who will be running your club.

Interested to see how you guys feel?

I worked on the basis that owning LUFC had no impact on those sort of things either way and sad as it is that was a separate issue unlinked to my club.

Besides if the UK government are happy to do business with Russia, Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia etc then why should my club be expected to take the moral high ground.

But that being said i was still very uneasy.

I was one of those fans who was happy to see Leeds back up, great club, big club, decent fans and in Biesla, a man after my own heart, I love watching yous play. I think you will have a tougher season this time around, but yous will be fine and I really rate Bamford, he should have went to the Euros IMO. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Hmm, not really? It took quite some time as he had to but out shares bit by bit. I seem to recall it taking a good few days/weeks until he took over full control.

I’m just being a nervous wanker basically over all of this ha ha. 

4 minutes ago, King Pablo said:

Lived up in Newcastle for a few years so know how passionate you guys are about your team.

So for that reason and for the fans i met up their i am pleased for you :D

Doesnt help my poor LUFC though and our top 6 ambitions, boo :laugh:

We had the Qatar takeover rumours (inflamed by our owner mentioning them every chance he got) year or so ago so we had the huge money/dodgy people conundrum at LUFC to.

Its really difficult i found.

As a fan you want success and trophies and excitement on the pitch.

All that is made much more likely with tons of cash.

But then the human rights stuff and political and moral issues those countries have were really off putting to, and of course that poor Journalist where Saudi Arabia are concerned is a deeply distressing indication of the sort of people who will be running your club.

Interested to see how you guys feel?

I worked on the basis that owning LUFC had no impact on those sort of things either way and sad as it is that was a separate issue unlinked to my club.

Besides if the UK government are happy to do business with Russia, Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia etc then why should my club be expected to take the moral high ground.

But that being said i was still very uneasy.

Probably needs to be a new thread for ‘fan in peace’ posts, this is the 3rd I’ve seen and however well intentioned it’s the same stuff that’s been addressed many times and derails the bliss of this thread

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Slim said:

Perfect appointment

If that is to be the case, I expect they will go all out to turn NUFC into, well, an elite club. Which despite what we have been hearing they were always/will be wanting NUFC for anyway. 

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

This is a small part of the torment we've had over the years under this absolute cunt, but fuck me, that's my daughter on there and she's coming up to 7.5 now, still haven't been able to take her or my 9 year old into SJP.  Unbelievable.

This announcement can't come quick enough.

Bm45_tnIYAAX3B3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Holy shit. That was 2014? Fuck.

Just now, gjohnson said:

See Amnesty are flapping again...how long till Hatice comes back out 

I get that they're obligated to make noise about it but the PL already told people what it cared about when it rammed through this deal in 48 hours after the BEIN/Piracy brouhaha cleared up; the only reason they were ever ostensibly against a new set of massively rich cunts joining their product was that it pissed off the massively rich cunts already there. Unless "ethics" and "morals" are the names of new cryptocurrencies they don't give a toss.

Just now, gjohnson said:

See Amnesty are flapping again...how long till Hatice comes back out 

it'd be odd for Amnesty International to be cheering on this considering the human rights record of KSA and the House of Saud and like it or not its now going to be connected to NUFC so every time they do something evil the club will get dragged into it  

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, TBG said:

Did @AyeDubbleYoo stop donating to forum up keep or something? 

Shocking that the forum is going down at this time. Shocking. 

Be Wullie and his dodgy fivers donations

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

It’s going to be down for 5-10 minutes to improve the experience. 

exactly this.

Imagine if it went down unintentionally when the news actually broke? It's planned and precautionary, be as quick as I possibly can.

Guest HTT II
Just now, HUGZ said:

exactly this.

Imagine if it went down unintentionally when the news actually broke? It's planned and precautionary, be as quick as I possibly can.

What’s this weird concept, planning?