PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, oldtype said:

Man, it's just not going to feel like NUFC anymore. We could be like PSG by 2025 and I'll still be looking for us in the league table by reading it from the bottom-up and not top-down.

Im not old enough to have seen Newcastle's last trophy, and only just old enough to appreciate how good the 94-97 years were. It will be nice to have some joy from a team I actually like for a change

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty much proves he’s gone because there was her chance to back him already 

Of course he's fucking gone, nothing is more certain. She just can't say it before it actually happens.

Unreal.

Sods law, the news broke just after I drove away from work, and wont lie, I shed a coupel of tears hearing ther statements.

Got home just before 6 and watched TYne Tees news, and watching SSN now. 

Don't know what else to say... just, looking forward to this all happening now, and see where we go.

HOWAY THE TOON!!!

Just now, Chris_R said:

Of course he's fucking gone, nothing is more certain. She just can't say it before it actually happens.

Imagine if the richest people in the world bought the club and decided "eh, let's keep Steve Bruce for a season and see how it goes." Would be typical NUFC :lol:

50 minutes ago, Flip said:

This is such a weird feeling. For roughly 10-15 years of my life I lived and breathed Newcastle United Football Club from afar. The results on weekend would set the tone for the feeling of the whole coming week. However, for the past 5 to 10 years I've fallen out of love with the club. Mike Ashley and Alan Pardew being the two main reasons. And now, with the greatest news in the clubs recent history I have no idea what to feel. Honestly, feel kind of empty right now. :( 

Yeah, proper weird.

Primarily, I'm more buzzing for the forum and the class posters on here, than because I now envisage myself watching the El Newcastle United Galacticos week in week out.

Can't imagine spending my Saturdays that way any more tbh. Since I stopped watching Ashley's NUFC and putting any money into the club. I now spend my Saturdays with my 5 and 3 year old boys who weren't alive when I was that guy :lol:  I've only really watched major international tournament football. I've seen snippets of VAR, and I fucking hate it.

Not to go all Gabby Logan, but I wouldn't mind having a more casual fan relationship with NUFC. Not sure my life circumstances are compatible with the obsessive nature of my fandom of yesteryear, but it'd be lovely to care even a little bit for a team that earnestly tries to compete. Completely accept the likes of LFEE and his dad (what a story btw :aww:) who have been fighting Ashley all these years can justifiably spit on me as a fairweather fan.

I've got lots more of this thread to catch up on :indi:

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

Imagine if the richest people in the world bought the club and decided "eh, let's keep Steve Bruce for a season and see how it goes." Would be typical NUFC :lol:

that is what City's owners did with Mark Hughes. 

Just now, jdckelly said:

Hughes was at least seen as vaguely competent at the time. I haven't seen a single game coached by Steve Bruce but based on the reactions from this forum I'm assuming that he is... not.

It's over, it's actually over, the stingiest billionaire has left the building for the last time, a 14 year dark cloud has left St James' Park, a new era begins and we have the whole world at our feet. Pinch me!

I think its pretty obvious the PL knew they were going to lose that CAT case and the piracy issue was a back door out of what would be a humiliating experience. Ah well, who cares, WE RICH BOYYYS!!!

"Following the completion of the Premier League's Owners' and Directors' Test, the club has been sold to the consortium with immediate effect.

I nearly collapsed when i seen " with immediate effect" what a whirlwind 2 days, totally out of no where

1 minute ago, jdckelly said:

Tbf wasn't Hughes still fairly young in his club managerial career with a fairly promising track record with Wales and Blackburn?

You can't say Bruce has untapped potential. :lol:

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

Hughes was at least seen as vaguely competent at the time. I haven't seen a single game coached by Steve Bruce but based on the reactions from this forum I'm assuming that he is... not.

You lucky bugger