PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

"She said: "I've texted with Alan (Shearer) a lot, and Kevin (Keegan). They're heroes. I'm so excited to be able to sit down with Alan - I hope he gets involved because it's his club and it's so important."

Just now, Slim said:

"She said: "I've texted with Alan (Shearer) a lot, and Kevin (Keegan). They're heroes. I'm so excited to be able to sit down with Alan - I hope he gets involved because it's his club and it's so important."

"Right Alan, here's your first job. Go and sack all of the Steve's."

Just now, Slim said:

"She said: "I've texted with Slim a lot, and Greg. They're heroes. I'm so excited to be able to sit down with Heron - I hope he gets involved because it's his club and it's so important."

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Same :lol: 

Unfortunately, most of it is repeats of the stuff we've already read. Everything will juice-up over the coming days and weeks. It'll be a nice initiation test of their "be more transparent" line. 

It's amazing man, isn't it! I can't wait to hear about plans, Training ground, academy and what they want to do to move the club forward. I even want to know if they change the colour of the corridors from Ocean grey to military grey. I'll lap it all up.

Just to ask. How and when was the first indication this was on, on Wednesday apart from that Saudi/beIN settlement? Was it that private jet passenger list on the aviation thread?

Edited by nufcjb

Four years in the making, Amanda Staveley's first night as Newcastle United co-owner was spent in Jesmond Dene with itchy feet.

As the white smoke floated above St James' Park to signal new management, she was thinking about the hundreds of supporters who emailed and sent texts and letters supporting a buy out that finally materialised on a euphoric, disbelieving Tyneside on Thursday.

As we spoke, messages flew back and forth with her people's security team on Thursday, asking if there was any way she could go down to the ground and join the thousands congregated at St James' Park enjoying a night for the ages. In the end, still waiting for the keys to the stadium to be handed over and with no way to get into the ground, they opted against it. But it was with a heavy heart.

Read more: Full transcript of Alan Shearer's unmissable takeover interview

"I just want to be with the supporters tonight, to share the night with them. They deserve it," she told the Chronicle.

It was a common theme as she spoke to myself and my colleague Lee Ryder for the first time. This is my 13th year covering Newcastle: it felt surreal to speak to an executive who spoke about wanting to work with the Chronicle, with fans and encouraging open and honest dialogue with the people who convinced her "no other club would be the same".

The cold, unfeeling Newcastle of the Mike Ashley era is over. Staveley, and those around her, have pledged to do things differently: to listen, to talk. She wants to get out and meet people, from club staff to the city's leading lights. To - in her words - polish this rough diamond and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Day one of a new era and her excitement was palpable. "It's been an incredible day," she said.

"Getting the opportunity to meet and talk to the Chronicle but speaking to the fans and meeting them has been the best part.

"It's all about the fans and we are so honoured to be custodians of this incredible football club. We're very proud, PIF are very proud to be looking after this club and we hope we'll make you proud."

There were a few common themes running through the interview. A pledge not to over promise and under deliver, "massive" investment, the return of ambition (and talk of tilts at trophies and the Champions League), building strong foundations with a thorough review of club operations.

Much of that will take time and money. But one thing that will change instantly is communication, with the cold statements that typified the Ashley days disappearing.

"I want this to be an open dialogue. It's not my club, it's not PIF's club, we're just here to help build this club. The fans own this club as far as we're concerned," she said.

"The communication links - there'll be an emphasis on an open dialogue and making sure we communicate all the time."

Newcastle's search for a Sporting Director has begun, but it may be a long one. The club will extend the net wide to get the right man and it could be that they work on the fundamentals first.

We have thought about sporting directors and Directors of Football," she admits.

"But we need to sit down with our board and look at what we have today. You can bring in the best Sporting Director in the world but you've got no infrastructure.

"Your medical staff, your training facilities, they need really heavy investment and that's what we need to know at every single level. We need to attract people to work with us as well who share our dream and will do that."

There are plans to re-engage with club legends, too. She has spoken to Alan Shearer and an official role for him may be worked out. Expect an invitation to Kevin Keegan, who refused to have anything to do with Ashley's club.

A 10% owner, Staveley will share seats on the board with the PIF's Yasir Al-Rumayyan and Jamie Reuben. They will bring drive, finance and an injection of ideas to the club.

"So his excellency (Al-Rumayyan) is a great partner. I'm incredibly honoured to work with him and partner with the PIF. I kind of see him as my boss but that's just the way I am. He's patient, he's driven, ambitious and he's everything Newcastle need.

She continued: "The PIF are an incredible group and I'm honoured to be working with them.

"Jamie's like my brother and I've done a lot of work with the Reuben family. Jamie's at the heart of this deal and the Reubens have invested a lot into this deal. There was never any doubt that Newcastle was the one we wanted."

Edited by 54

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Four years in the making, Amanda Staveley's first night as Newcastle United co-owner was spent in Jesmond Dene with itchy feet.

As the white smoke floated above St James' Park to signal new management, she was thinking about the hundreds of supporters who emailed and sent texts and letters supporting a buy out that finally materialised on a euphoric, disbelieving Tyneside on Thursday.

As we spoke, messages flew back and forth with her people's security team on Thursday, asking if there was any way she could go down to the ground and join the thousands congregated at St James' Park enjoying a night for the ages. In the end, still waiting for the keys to the stadium to be handed over and with no way to get into the ground, they opted against it. But it was with a heavy heart.

Read more: Full transcript of Alan Shearer's unmissable takeover interview

"I just want to be with the supporters tonight, to share the night with them. They deserve it," she told the Chronicle.

It was a common theme as she spoke to myself and my colleague Lee Ryder for the first time. This is my 13th year covering Newcastle: it felt surreal to speak to an executive who spoke about wanting to work with the Chronicle, with fans and encouraging open and honest dialogue with the people who convinced her "no other club would be the same".

The cold, unfeeling Newcastle of the Mike Ashley era is over. Staveley, and those around her, have pledged to do things differently: to listen, to talk. She wants to get out and meet people, from club staff to the city's leading lights. To - in her words - polish this rough diamond and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Day one of a new era and her excitement was palpable. "It's been an incredible day," she said.

"Getting the opportunity to meet and talk to the Chronicle but speaking to the fans and meeting them has been the best part.

"It's all about the fans and we are so honoured to be custodians of this incredible football club. We're very proud, PIF are very proud to be looking after this club and we hope we'll make you proud."

There were a few common themes running through the interview. A pledge not to over promise and under deliver, "massive" investment, the return of ambition (and talk of tilts at trophies and the Champions League), building strong foundations with a thorough review of club operations.

Much of that will take time and money. But one thing that will change instantly is communication, with the cold statements that typified the Ashley days disappearing.

"I want this to be an open dialogue. It's not my club, it's not PIF's club, we're just here to help build this club. The fans own this club as far as we're concerned," she said.

"The communication links - there'll be an emphasis on an open dialogue and making sure we communicate all the time."

Newcastle's search for a Sporting Director has begun, but it may be a long one. The club will extend the net wide to get the right man and it could be that they work on the fundamentals first.

We have thought about sporting directors and Directors of Football," she admits.

"But we need to sit down with our board and look at what we have today. You can bring in the best Sporting Director in the world but you've got no infrastructure.

"Your medical staff, your training facilities, they need really heavy investment and that's what we need to know at every single level. We need to attract people to work with us as well who share our dream and will do that."

There are plans to re-engage with club legends, too. She has spoken to Alan Shearer and an official role for him may be worked out. Expect an invitation to Kevin Keegan, who refused to have anything to do with Ashley's club.

A 10% owner, Staveley will share seats on the board with the PIF's Yasir Al-Rumayyan and Jamie Reuben. They will bring drive, finance and an injection of ideas to the club.

"So his excellency (Al-Rumayyan) is a great partner. I'm incredibly honoured to work with him and partner with the PIF. I kind of see him as my boss but that's just the way I am. He's patient, he's driven, ambitious and he's everything Newcastle need.

She continued: "The PIF are an incredible group and I'm honoured to be working with them.

"Jamie's like my brother and I've done a lot of work with the Reuben family. Jamie's at the heart of this deal and the Reubens have invested a lot into this deal. There was never any doubt that Newcastle was the one we wanted."

That just makes me close to bursting 🥲

1 hour ago, Mike ManCity said:

Just wanted to say congratulations on your new ownership and wish you guys the best of luck, as a City fan I know how you feel right now I grew up when we were crap and remember going with my dad and seeing constant disappointment. I think I speak for most City fans when we wish you luck with this as we wouldn't be where we are now without our own investment. The people who will be the most bitter about this will be United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans. Enjoy all the bitterness and jealousy you are about to receive now but best of luck and maybe in a few yrs be pushing for the league.

Stroke of luck with that surname, like.  You'd have been fucked if your name was Mike Burnley.

I do feel a little bit sore at the accusations I've received and heard about this morning that Newcastle fans don't give a monkeys about the abhorrent Saudi regime, etc. Suppose I'll just have to try and ignote it. 

I've literally dreamed of seeing Amanda Staveley welcoming the press at SJP, so that short vid on the last page is literally a dream come true. :lol: