PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I do feel a little bit sore at the accusations I've received and heard about this morning that Newcastle fans don't give a monkeys about the abhorrent Saudi regime, etc. Suppose I'll just have to try and ignote it. 

I've literally dreamed of seeing Amanda Staveley welcoming the press at SJP, so that short vid on the last page is literally a dream come true. :lol:

It's just been on ssn as well. What a fantastic day. 

7 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

What is this communication madness?

Just beautiful.  Don't mind admitting that I shed a couple of tears watching that, it's all just so incredible.  Having someone in charge who actually loves the club and isn't going to take us for mugs...wow!

It will be so wonderful having Shearer and Keegan around in roles that are entirely appropriate.

It does make me nervous admittedly. I seem to have a vague recollection of our previous owner (forget the name) doing something rather similar shortly after he arrived, and things going a bit south. :lol:

Just now, Yorkie said:

It will be so wonderful having Shearer and Keegan around in roles that are entirely appropriate.

It does make me nervous admittedly. I seem to have a vague recollection of our previous owner (forget the name) doing something rather similar shortly after he arrived, and things going a bit south. :lol:

More than happy for club legends to have a role of sorts at the club but I think on the football side, we need a clean slate (and that includes Benitez).

6 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Just beautiful.  Don't mind admitting that I shed a couple of tears watching that, it's all just so incredible.  Having someone in charge who actually loves the club and isn't going to take us for mugs...wow!

yeah i've cried again

and when she says "i've got goosebumps".

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I do feel a little bit sore at the accusations I've received and heard about this morning that Newcastle fans don't give a monkeys about the abhorrent Saudi regime, etc. Suppose I'll just have to try and ignote it. 

I've literally dreamed of seeing Amanda Staveley welcoming the press at SJP, so that short vid on the last page is literally a dream come true. :lol:

The lack of nuance in the debate is what'll be annoying, tbh. Barry Glendinning being the absolute worst culprit.

Like most things in life, it's not as simple as a yes/no answer.

Just now, Yorkie said:

its fairly simple stuff for new owners to get fans onside by finding random roles for club legends ashley's ultimate mistake was giving keegan the manager job rather than honorary president or non executive board member or something if it was anyone else in the job at the time and the same events happen is there anything resembling the kind of complete break in the relationship between him and the fans? 

45 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

As if how rich the owners are directly correlates with success on the pitch. If we do end up at the top it will be more about the plans put in place, and how any money was actually spent. 

After all where did Mike Ashley rank in terms of wealth? Fat lot of use that was for the club.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

The lack of nuance in the debate is what'll be annoying, tbh. Barry Glendinning being the absolute worst culprit.

Like most things in life, it's not as simple as a yes/no answer.

Think I'll have to avoid the Guardian podcast forever now. No great loss. 

40 minutes ago, TBG said:

Fender's decent into getting absolutely steaming :lol:

I remember those days when I was younger. Getting proper ming-monged and feeling rough as fuck the day after. It's why I packed in, as the hangovers and feeling shabby were lasting for longer, on a weekend, the older I got. :icon_puke_l: [emoji38]

:jones:

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Close friends with Rafa fwiw.

Think all the plans are already in place and have likely been ready to go with people earmarked for all the different positions. Will just need a different manager now as Rafa is at Everton.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Think I'll have to avoid the Guardian podcast forever now. No great loss. 

I don't disagree with the views necessarily, either, but I know someone giving fans shit for this who absolutely loves Obama (I like him too, FYI), seemingly forgetting his drone strike record.

Guest neesy111
Just now, healthyaddiction said:

Apparently, as part of the deal, in the short term the SD signs have to stay up.

Dislike.