PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

FFP's meant to be reworked soon https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12380096/uefa-set-to-overhaul-financial-fair-play-rules-later-this-year-with-a-luxury-tax-and-salary-cap-being-considered

"UEFA wants the new rules to focus on the high levels of spending on wages and transfers and it is considering introducing a salary cap and a luxury tax on transfers."

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think all the plans are already in place and have likely been ready to go with people earmarked for all the different positions. Will just need a different manager now as Rafa is at Everton.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they at least try to get him.

Seen some images on whatsapp, of our fans waving the Saudi Flag outside the ground yesterday :rolleyes:

We don't need to add fuel to the fire, with the Human rights stuff etc. The regime is abhorrent, waving the flag around is not a good idea and the haters will jump on anything they find.

PIF have spoken https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-open-letter-supporters-21800018

"There has been a lot written about the investment we have made in the Club and we know you are keen to know more from us about this important stage in your Club’s history.

"First of all, I want to stress that we are incredibly proud to be the custodians of an institution like Newcastle United.

"This is your Club.

"It has been at the heart of the community for more than 125 years – there are season ticket holders today who are following in the footsteps of their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents.

"As the new owners, we will listen to the community.

"Owning this club is not a responsibility we have taken on lightly and we will never lose sight of what it means to be part of Newcastle United.

"I also wanted to give you an understanding of what you can expect from us as owners and what our plans are for your club at this stage.

"Most importantly, you can expect ambition.

"Like you, we want to create a consistently successful team.

"We’re here to build long-term success for the club.

"What will that look like in practice?

"First and foremost, we want to talk to people at the Club and across the wider community to get their input before we finalise our plans.

"We will make sure to focus on things that will deliver long-term success.

"Whilst we are newcomers to Newcastle, we are investing alongside people who have been committed to this Club and this city for many years.

"Amanda Staveley’s PCP Capital Partners is a key part of our investment group. Jamie Reuben and his family are already significant investors in the city of Newcastle."

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I saw quite a bit of that sort of stuff, it’s unfortunately going to be par for the course. 

The tea towel/head stuff I expected from the mungs. But the flag itself, represents something much worse.

It certainly makes me uncomfortable, and the takeover challenges my moral compass enough as it is. :lol:

Edited by Klaus

Yeah, the Saudi flag waving is just shite and makes me feel uncomfortable.  Rightly or wrongly, I'm not that arsed about people hoying tea towels on their nappa because you can just brush that off as banter, but the flag waving is dreadful.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

They need some big scouting upgrades, there are decent scouts there but they need more and like other clubs they need to station scouts in other countries. Hence why I’ll be putting my name forward 😄

Aye slip my name on the application as well. Heard there's good players in Medellin.

17 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

PIF have spoken https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-open-letter-supporters-21800018

"There has been a lot written about the investment we have made in the Club and we know you are keen to know more from us about this important stage in your Club’s history.

"First of all, I want to stress that we are incredibly proud to be the custodians of an institution like Newcastle United.

"This is your Club.

"It has been at the heart of the community for more than 125 years – there are season ticket holders today who are following in the footsteps of their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents.

"As the new owners, we will listen to the community.

"Owning this club is not a responsibility we have taken on lightly and we will never lose sight of what it means to be part of Newcastle United.

"I also wanted to give you an understanding of what you can expect from us as owners and what our plans are for your club at this stage.

"Most importantly, you can expect ambition.

"Like you, we want to create a consistently successful team.

"We’re here to build long-term success for the club.

"What will that look like in practice?

"First and foremost, we want to talk to people at the Club and across the wider community to get their input before we finalise our plans.

"We will make sure to focus on things that will deliver long-term success.

"Whilst we are newcomers to Newcastle, we are investing alongside people who have been committed to this Club and this city for many years.

"Amanda Staveley’s PCP Capital Partners is a key part of our investment group. Jamie Reuben and his family are already significant investors in the city of Newcastle."

That one line about ambition gave me goosebumps 

I keep crying! I was at the ground last night, and it was like an earthquake, singing and dancing with strangers.

On the way, there were a couple of shell shocked looking students (presumably non local) coming the other way, saying "what the hell has happened?" to each other.

Spurs at home is going to be sensational. This whole city is about to take right off again!

25 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Seen some images on whatsapp, of our fans waving the Saudi Flag outside the ground yesterday :rolleyes:

We don't need to add fuel to the fire, with the Human rights stuff etc. The regime is abhorrent, waving the flag around is not a good idea and the haters will jump on anything they find.

So what...let them hate.

Give them 14 years of complete misery and see if they're not doing the exact same thing

I'm just going to do my bit to keep being vocal about how awful a regime saudi arabia is to do my tiny bit to undermine the sportwashing and make my piece with i have no power as to who owns the club, the state of the whole league is the leagues fault not ours and enjoy the football. 

46 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Apparently, as part of the deal, in the short term the SD signs have to stay up.

That's no less than I'd expect from the flared jeans cunt but they will come down one day and that's more than I could have hoped for as recently as a week ago.

Awful as they are, Bin Salman is the most progressive leader they've had in almost 100 years. He's got a good record of loosening up the State, while still promoting some lets say suspect practices. 

You cant change a nations entire structure overnight to fit with Western ideals. Surely Afghanistan has proved that....20 years of 'democratic' intervention, and look who's back in charge...the very people who were supposed to be removed/.

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

So what...let them hate.

Give them 14 years of complete misery and see if they're not doing the exact same thing

We’re allowed to celebrate. But not seeing Saudi ownership as problematic, at all, and instead waving flags…I can’t understand that.