PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I think there is a difference though, they have a stable establed state with huge resources and perfectly capable of running it how they like and they still choose to cut people up in embassies and treat women and gays like shit, and bomb yemen. But sorry don't meant to go on tiresome, they have also invested hugely in livenation and worldwide entertainment brands. It is too much to ask for people to not enjoy the investment. I will not criticise those who do feel that it is a dealbreaker for supporting the club though.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I think there is a difference though, they have a stable establed state with huge resources and perfectly capable of running it how they like and they still choose to cut people up in embassies and treat women and gays like shit, and bomb yemen. But sorry don't meant to go on tiresome, they have also invested hugely in livenation and worldwide entertainment brands. It is too much to ask for people to not enjoy the investment. I will not criticise those who do feel that it is a dealbreaker for supporting the club though.

I would happily wager that pretty much every country has it's dirty little secrets of making people disappear, persecuting minorities and LGQT, that simply just don't make the news.

Who was that weapons inspector we sent to Iraq who turned up dead in the woods by 'suicide'?

14 hours ago, Sn0rky said:

thanks

these are not nice people. none of these new owners give a dessicated rats turd about the club. this is about money and brand. no better than having Kim Jong Un owning the club. Shame Putin is hamstrung by international sanctions ( and owns a couple of clubs on the QT anyways), he would would have been a dead cert. FFS

all arseholes. the lot of them. the paucity of morality is shocking. NUFC is dead. 

Nah Putin’s already running Chelsea via Abramovich mate.

Youre about 20 years too late for this moral showdown.

But now it’s Newcastle things are different? Aye, right. 

People can talk all they want, they can virtu-sign all they want, I can't stop them but I wont respond to them.     Why?

Because I have no control of what Saudi Government does and doesn't do.    If the people of Saudi can't force change then why would a NUFC fan, thousands of miles away, be expected to?

You could have 52000 geordies protesting (yeah right) every game and it wouldn't make a difference.

Im not wasting my time, energy or thought on whether I should feel conflicted because I dont.    

Im am going to support NUFC and enjoy the ride, for a change!

They are bad and we live in a world where we all depend unless you live like a fucking monk on some cunts or other. I maintain premier league is fucking embarassment to allow things to have got as mad as they have. But we do not live in that world. No one has to pretend everyone who they may in some way gain some benefit for is wonderful people. That is how it is in a totalitarian state, like eeerm saudi arabia... ;)

Edited by Tiresias

This is so surreal. Was a whippersnapper at 21 when Ashley took over. 35 now, getting married in 12 days and have a beautiful little girl. My life has changed so much. NUFC was my religion, my everything, it was my entire spare time. It's different now, but Christ, the relief of being able to be proud of my club again. This club under Ashley had made me an angry, miserable and bitter man. That baggage has gone.

I was at the ground at 8am yesterday until 9pm last night (with a brief detour to Jesmond Dene House) as I was doing a little bit of reporting and I must've cried a dozen times. Met @Rich and Hugz and I've never seen Rich so happy, ever. 😂

Old faces that I'd usually nod and avoid conversation as it's awkward taking about something as synonymous with misery as Newcastle United, I can now embrace and make plans with. This changes everything. Eveything.

It just feels like I've been reacquainted with an old mate who I used to have some absolutely mint times with.

He's been off the boil for a while (14 years) so we've only been keeping in touch now and again from a distance but now he's sorted his life right out and the good times are back.

I mean one reason why nation states should not own football clubs, what happens if something serious kicks off in the middle east in the next 10 years? What if we end up somehow on different sides of a really serious conflict, economic or armed with saudi arabia? It may seem inconceivable while they are so important to the world economy but it's not like the world isn't trying to disentangle itself from being reliant on them. There could be sudden regime change, it's a monachy someone dies and suddenly their whole policy agenda is different. What happens to our club if suddenly PIF do not want to be spending money abroad anymore, or if we are essentially at war with them? (One of the purposes of PIF I guess is to keep the global economy entangled with SA enough that the west would never seriously consider armed conflict with them). Suddenly our club is entitely in the whims of a foreign state. 

It's exactly the same with Chelsea and Man City if the owners suddenly decide to fuck off or something. It's not unique, but it isn't how I would run football. 

Anyway back to being really excited about this :) 

Guest HTT II

It’s been typical NUFC really over the last few days, fucking utter lunacy and madness, but this time it feels so good and I guarantee the Saudis do not mess about, all this soft talk of slowly rebuilding, taking their time etc. Initially maybe, but once they get a firm grip on the club’s structure or lack of, I expect huge investment and to be one of the top clubs in Europe in 5 or so years. They will throw money at it, they will want to be the number one Arab owned team never mind the number one football team. Exciting times lie ahead. Bring it on. I’ve not been this excited about Newcastle since we signed Joselu…

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Just to ask. How and when was the first indication this was on, on Wednesday apart from that Saudi/beIN settlement? Was it that private jet passenger list on the aviation thread?

Imo its when the Glazers sold their stock of Manchester Red

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

It’s been typical NUFC really over the last few days, fucking utter lunacy and madness, but this time it feels so good and I guarantee the Saudis do not mess about, all this soft talk of slowly rebuilding, taking their time etc. Initially maybe, but once they get a firm grip on the club’s structure or lack of, I expect huge investment and to be one of the top clubs in Europe in 5 or so years. They will throw money at it, they will want to be the number one Arab owned team never mind the number one football team. Exciting times lie ahead. Bring it on. I’ve not been this excited about Newcastle since we signed Joselu…

Hopefully ‘typical NUFC’ is a thing of the past now. 

47 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

So what...let them hate.

Give them 14 years of complete misery and see if they're not doing the exact same thing

When I said haters, I was referring to media etc, not just fans from other clubs. The scrutiny around this will be huge, considering it is essentially State wealth.

I look forward to the Panorama/Guardian special.

Edited by Klaus

Guest HTT II
Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hopefully ‘typical NUFC’ is a thing of the past now. 

Yes, but the idiosyncrasy that is NUFC since it’s formation has just been encapsulated in the last few days.

Guest HTT II
Just now, STM said:

How many other clubs in a similar situation would have sparked the scenes like last night?

Very few.

Nothing will ever top hundreds of SAFC fans storming the stadium of light armed with spanners to replace some pink seats, now that is how to celebrate a takeover…