PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

42 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Anyone been checking the forums of the other teams to see how this has gone down? I have..... and, apart from the peasants down the road, it's definitely Liverpool fans that are taking it the worst. The fuming is delicious. [emoji38]

I particularly liked this one...  

"This lot have always felt deserving of being at the top table. Even in the 70s (mad pitch invasions) and throughout  the first Kevin Keegan circus in the 80s with helicopters arriving in the middle of the park, they’ve always felt they were something that they weren’t. They were always “more passionate and better this and better that”.  Bollocks of course.
Of all the so-called “sleeping giants”, this one has always been a wankfest of a club. Wolves, Leeds,  or even Sunderland  have better credentials than this shower.
They’ve  rammed home the argument so much that they’re so passionate and loveable and this and that  that the press have bought into it and every man and his dog think that they “deserve” it. Well they don’t. And I’ll make a total U-turn on the way I felt only a few months back about the Super League. Anything to keep these nouveau riche arseholes out.
Hope the new signatories to the new Super league stipulate at least 2 European Cups won in 2 different decades. At least the red Mancs have got the credentials. That’s one place this lot, Chelsea and PSG can’t buy their way into."

When did sports become elitist. What the fuck is this shit man :lol:

What on earth are these people all in a huff about? About who deserves to be at the table? They really just want to watch their clubs win everything every season without any sort of competition or challenge? Where is the joy in that?

Yeah, I really hope more clubs come into money and the league really becomes as competitive as possible. These so called top clubs and the majority of their fans are completely delusional and out of their minds.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

When did sports become elitist. What the fuck is this shit man :lol:

What on earth are these people all in a huff about? About who deserves to be at the table? They really just want to watch their clubs win everything every season without any sort of competition or challenge? Where is the joy in that?

Yeah, I really hope more clubs come into money and the league really becomes as competitive as possible. These so called top clubs and the majority of their fans are completely delusional and out of their minds.

You said exactly what I was trying to say earlier but much more eloquently :lol:

4 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I'm going to say this and might get some flak. But one unsung 'hero' in getting this takeover over the line is QC Daniel Jowell during the CAT hearing 2 weeks ago. He put down that PL QC Adam Lewis that even Mr.Justice was laughing in agreement. It might not have had a direct impact but I'm pretty convinced, the CAT case would have gone ahead and the PL gave up at this point and compromised. He should always be welcomed on Tyneside.

I absolutely agree with this. Sure it was the CAT case that made them fold as they didn’t want their dirty laundry airing until public. 

52 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think I'm happier about this today compared to yesterday. I think I was in shock last night, trying to take it in but not really feeling much. Today, I just want to read all about it and am enjoying all of the stuff captured last night :aww:

Can't wait for Spurs.

I've just spent the day absorbing it - like a dream to be finally rid of Ashley.

15 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Every time I think about the professional, passionate, ambitious and communicative people we now have running our club, I just feel emotions I haven't felt in years. This is a wonderful time to be alive.

It's like having 'It's a Wonderful Life' ending on a loop.

9 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

You said exactly what I was trying to say earlier but much more eloquently :lol:

Man, I think you raised a great point about just laughing off such ridiculous sentiments though, because those quotes really annoyed me :lol:

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

These clubs have been cherry picking the best talent from the other teams in the league for years and now they are unhappy about another club with money. Laughable garbage 

theres-a-new-sheriff-in-town.jpg

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man, I think you raised a great point about just laughing off such ridiculous sentiments though, because those quotes really annoyed me :lol:

You have to at least try to laugh it off. We're gonna get it from everyone and if you can't let it go and just smile, your health is going to suffer. It will be fierce and it will be incessant for a while. The jealousy and hypocrisy if off the charts and it's only day 2 :lol:

36 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Between all of that, the behavior of their fans through the 70's and 80's and the wankfest in general at their club that still goes on nauseatingly today, their entire fanbase seems to have a collective irony bypass thing going on. Pretty sweet, we're now hated because we're a threat to their closed shop at the top. 

Lets really p*ss them off and offer Salah mega bucks to join us lol! !!

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

You have to at least try to laugh it off. We're gonna get it from everyone and if you can't let it go and just smile, your health is going to suffer. It will be fierce and it will be incessant for a while. The jealousy and hypocrisy if off the charts and it's only day 2 :lol:

Absolutely, but my goodness the arrogance of those quotes. Wanting the Super League now so as to lock out the nouveaux rich. My God man :lol:

Definitely not going anywhere near any other club's forums for a good while. That is all way too cringe worthy. Urgh.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Absolutely, but my goodness the arrogance of those quotes. Wanting the Super League now so as to lock out the nouveaux rich. My God man :lol:

Definitely not going anywhere near any other club's forums for a good while. That is all way too cringe worthy. Urgh.

It's an astounding viewpoint and honestly betrays, at least that individual's, true colours. 

Edited by LionOfGosforth

14 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

The fucking  comments 😖

He's right and that's what I don't get. Totally understand Hatice's disappointment at the Saudi's being allowed to do anything but why is buying NUFC 'heartbreaking' to her and not global F1 or global boxing or global wrestling. The UK has sold Saudi's weapons for decades but buying 80% of a football club is the bit that's beyond the pale!? 

After Olympics and before winter Olympics in China, all the Chinese/Russian/Arab investment in scores of English clubs and businesses, World Athletics Championships in Qatar in front of 20people, World Cup in Russia, World cup in Qatar, PSG, Man City, WWE, Boxing, F1 - NUFC is the point where the fight back against taking the money of unpleasant regimes begins?! So they can all benefit but we cant? If we were the very first I'd agree but this s*it started 30years ago man.

PS Liverpool supported neavau riche Blackburn's quest to overhaul the hated Manchester United in the mid 90s.  I guess if its not a threat to them its okay.

Edited by Wolfcastle

We’ll have to start getting used to it, it’ll be thrown our way forever.

This discussion will become the new “takeover will or won’t happen” on here.

Our club and entire city is going to benefit immensely due to massively needed investment. Thousands of lives will change for the better. New jobs, increased production and a successful football club.

I don’t agree with the human rights in KSA. I’ll happily voice that on here and in life everyday. Hopefully the takeover may positively benefit progressions in KSA, maybe the Trust could use their voice when liaising with the club to keep it on the agenda.

I can't be fucked with people long entangled in blood-stained modern football calling out Newcastle fans as apologists for human rights abuses for supporting NUFC.

But also totally welcome this being used to shine a light on SA abuses. The more done to counter the sportswashing intention the better.