PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Clubs are always going to be worse off, it's all relative. We've said we've had a shit 14 years then you just get "YEAH BUT BOLTON AND BURY". What, so we can't complain? The house allusion I made, you can't want to improve your house because there's homeless people about? Piss off man.

Tbf it's quite difficult to quantify what Ashley did to the club if you haven't lived it. Relegations and financial catastrophe are much more easily understandable than "he took the hope away"

25 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I hate stuff like this and I see David Squires has liked it so no doubt it will be in his cartoon

There's always someone worse off, not once have we compared ourselves to Bury etc but that doesn't mean we've not suffered in the last 14 or so years. 

Such an infantile point. Were considerably bigger than all of those clubs so of course our suffering will be different and relative. Hartlepool, Darlington, Scarborough and York would envy those teams. I feel for all of them and if we were their size under Ashley we'd have had the same experience and had the same blind-eye from the media and PL that we had anyway.

We were deliberately held back by the owner for his benefit, not just stupidly ran like all of those with the exception of Blackpool.

Not many clubs get 50k regularly in the second tier because a club that gets 50k regularly in the second tier shouldn't be in the second tier.

By the same token nobody in Britain can complain about anything compared to suffering elsewhere in the world, though I bet Nick does umpteen times today alone.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Tbf it's quite difficult to quantify what Ashley did to the club if you haven't lived it. Relegations and financial catastrophe are much more easily understandable than "he took the hope away"

that is 100% it :thup:

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

It's also why I don't give a fuck about any "big 6" fans opinions.

16 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Yes, though I remember peak of that was someone texting into bbc live feed ages ago saying newcastle fans aren't long suffering you should try being an arsenal fan! There are a lot of fans let down by their clubs, their owners and incompetent football administration and there should be solidarity between such fans rather than poking who has it worse off

So true. It used to be that way. Nobody took pleasure from what happened at Brighton and Aldershot in the 90s. That's pretty much what 606 used to be about - now its 50year old d*ckheads playing games. Bad ownership has always made me uncomfortable probably having come up through McKeag and co but it seems its a laughing matter to a lot of the fans and people in football since the millennium.

The only people I'd wish Ashley on are the people that have the theory he did nothing wrong and enjoyed what happened to us.

Obviously this is an isolated incident with Ashley. He's never branched out and fell foul of fans anywhere else, and for a far shorter duration than our own.:tumbleweed:

Just them silly entitled Geordies think they deserve this and that. They only used to get 2k fans in 1920.

39 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I hate stuff like this and I see David Squires has liked it so no doubt it will be in his cartoon

There's always someone worse off, not once have we compared ourselves to Bury etc but that doesn't mean we've not suffered in the last 14 or so years. 

It's the Month Python Yorkshiremen sketch. Supposed to be impressed because someone else has had it shitter. Unlucky lads, we're absolutely fucking massive now.

58 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Proper race to the bottom stuff.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

@Unbelievable Was also down to a lot of hard work by yourself setting things up. Good to see that banner again. Forgotten I’d left it with you as your Christmas present when I visited. Seems so long ago. Dread to think how big your kids are now. 2015? 🙂

Been a while since I’ve seen that banner. 😂. Glad those hours at the PC finally came true. 

Don’t need any fucking random or journalist telling us we can’t enjoy this. It’s the same shit you see today when there is a one-up mentality of who’s had it worse. This has nothing to do with Bury or any other club not named Newcastle. 

As for getting upset about it, I’ve adopted a mindset of it’s us against the world. Nobody gave a fuck about us during the Ashley years. They told us to pipe down when we wanted a club that just tried to be the best version of itself, they told us to shut up and give Bruce time, and the other clubs didn’t want us to have these owners. 

fuck them all. I love my club, and my fellow supporters, and I love that we have owners who will hopefully help us enjoy football again. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Hate that bullshit - exactly, there's always someone worse. Deliberately obtuse. People in their 40s have seen Coventry win an FA Cup, lucky bastards.

My response ''Suffering'? 'Suffering'! Those fans don't know the meaning of the word. Wimbledon and Coventry won the FA Cup less than 40 years ago! Charlton and Blackpool who played in the PL! Don't know they were born. Real Newcastle Blue Star don't even exist. They know 'suffering'.'