PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I feel sorry for the poor lasses behind the bar in that clip. They were probably expecting a fairly quiet Thursday night then all fucking hell broke loose :lol:

Edited by Bizza

6 hours ago, Dokko said:

belongs in the uncomfortable thread. Scathing like, but at least he attacks everyone equally and actually gives the fans a bit of a break. 

He's just remembered this now though - that all the PL cares about is money. Fuck off Ollie, you jealous, big six supporting cunt. 

Great how as Wednesday unfolded it massively caught out the PL teams who lobbied against it and their journalist mouthpieces.

Now it’s going to be an onslaught of negative press and fingers pointed at us, yet again telling our fans how we should feel about our football club. 

In the words of Nick Cave’s mam - “Head high and fuck ‘em all.” 

8 hours ago, Magpie said:

Sunday rags here we go

Some of it is somewhat balance and not as scathing of the fans as some have been, so I will give him some credit for that but I love the 'whataboutery' part, his arguments are very weak and could be used in exactly the manner by not only the fans but the whole situation it's self. Especially the part where Hearn said, its very simple Saudi Arabia offered the most money....

Going to have to get used to hypocritical, sanctimonious journos trying to discredit everything we do going forward. It would have been interesting if he had done more of a balanced indepth analysis of all the teams and who they are owned by and then the subsequent human rights abuses of the countries, however doing so would very much show that this is NOTHING NEW. 

8 minutes ago, Thorpinho said:

Not getting into comparisons or whatabouttery, but i saw someone trying to suggest Abramovich was linked to multiple murders/dodgy stuff. Any truth to that?? I am assuming not. 

Don't know about murders but he's funded illegal Israeli settlements, so this idea that he's okay and it's now that the line has been crossed is nonsensical 

Football lost it's soul a long time ago

There really isn't anything wrong with pointing out other people for being hypocrites imo. Calling it "whataboutery" is just a a smug, patronising response in lieu of a decent argument.

For clarity, we shouldn't defend KSA, but it's not our moral responsibility to make the stand now where others haven't.

Just now, Klaus said:

Class how everyone in football just assumes we will be challenging at the top eventually :lol:

Everyone else but nufc fans strangely. But you can guarantee that these views in the media will just be projected onto us.

Might have to go around with my fingers in my ears for a bit.

24 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

There really isn't anything wrong with pointing out other people for being hypocrites imo. Calling it "whataboutery" is just a a smug, patronising response in lieu of a decent argument.

For clarity, we shouldn't defend KSA, but it's not our moral responsibility to make the stand now where others haven't.

That's my point exactly, "Whataboutery" is just a way of dismissing soild counter arguments and is very much in keeping with the current anti-intellectualism of the modern Western age.

But anyway just thought I'd hoy my 2 peneth in as I've enjoyed 'ghosting' on here for the past 18 months so I thought I'd contribute.