There’s some real good options

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PC

4 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Press conference, I'm assuming. :lol:

This is the least entertaining one.

I’m going to opt for…

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just to ask. Do new football club owners do. ny sort of

Physikalische Chemie when they come into their new club?

Pleased to see The Athletic doing a good job of revealing the breadth of opinion across the fanbase when it comes to the more controversial aspects of the takeover (not being sarcastic):

https://theathletic.com/2881976/2021/10/12/newcastle-united-survey-ashley-reign-disastrous-fans-want-conte-and-concerns-over-saudi-arabias-human-rights-record?source=user-shared-article

83% of respondents said they were concerned about the Saudi human rights record and 29% said they would think twice about spending in the club shop. 

2 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I am concerned; but not that concerned that I would boycott the club shop. Seems I'm a typical fan.

I'll start being concerned once all these outraged people, delete Facebook, delete twitter, delete disney plus, stop using uber, cancel there BT sports and stop watching formula 1.

Once all these completely outraged by our takeover people do all that, I might show some concern.

23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pleased to see The Athletic doing a good job of revealing the breadth of opinion across the fanbase when it comes to the more controversial aspects of the takeover (not being sarcastic):

https://theathletic.com/2881976/2021/10/12/newcastle-united-survey-ashley-reign-disastrous-fans-want-conte-and-concerns-over-saudi-arabias-human-rights-record?source=user-shared-article

83% of respondents said they were concerned about the Saudi human rights record and 29% said they would think twice about spending in the club shop. 

Just a guess but I’d assume the average subscriber to The Athletic might be better informed on things like human rights in Saudi Arabia than the average fan.

I don't get the "Its not the same when they fund Twitter etc, that's in the background and silent"

So what you mean is, you're fine when its swept under the rug, and you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist to feel good about yourself.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

I don't get the "Its not the same when they fund Twitter etc, that's in the background and silent"

So what you mean is, you're fine when its swept under the rug, and you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist to feel good about yourself.

It's not the same because... ITS NOT THE SAME. As in they are putting their money in Twitter or Uber for completely different reasons.

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Just a guess but I’d assume the average subscriber to The Athletic might be better informed on things like human rights in Saudi Arabia than the average fan.

That's definitely true but anything to get the message out there that not all Geordies are horse-punching maniacs that love MBS is good with me. 

Just now, Kasper said:

It's not the same because... ITS NOT THE SAME. As in they are putting their money in Twitter or Uber for completely different reasons.

It is kind of the same, they are investing Saudi money into a business, which is what has happened here at our club. Again I don’t - and maybe this is just my way of reckoning with it all - consider our club to be state owned, just funded by Saudi money. Saudi money ours through every economy system in the world and tens of thousands of business, where we are concerned that money just so happens to have given them an 80% slice of the pie as opposed to say a 2% slice (or whatever the figure is) of the Uber (whoever) pie.

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Does anyone know which famous philosopher decided how much of a club someone can own before fans have to prostrate themselves on the internet. And what percentage. 

Whatever size DeMarco cuts his bread in to.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

It is kind of the same, they are investing Saudi money into a business, which is what has happened here at our club. Again I don’t - and maybe this is just my way of reckoning with it all - consider our club to be state owned, just funded by Saudi money. Saudi money ours through every economy system in the world and tens of thousands of business, where we are concerned that money just so happens to have given them an 80% slice of the pie as opposed to say a 2% slice (or whatever the figure is) of the Uber (whoever) pie.

The difference is that they have completely different goals when they buy Newcastle United and when they buy shares from Uber. 

I dont understand the mental gymnastics around this. Can't we just accept the truth, take the critisism and get on with it?

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

The difference is that they have completely different goals when they buy Newcastle United and when they buy shares from Uber. 

I dont understand the mental gymnastics around this. Can't we just accept the truth, take the critisism and get on with it?

Agree with the second part, but the fact is that it doesn't matter if the goals are different, it's the same money being used by the same fund.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Agree with the second part, but the fact is that it doesn't matter if the goals are different, it's the same money being used by the same fund.

Of course it does. If they're using the good name of Newcastle United to try and improve their international reputation, that's not the same as investing in a company to make a few quid.

4 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Isn't the point that it's Saudi blood money, not that their goal for each is different? Why does that change anything about where the money comes from?

No that's not the point. I'm seriously amazed that so many people seem to be confused about what the issue is.

3 minutes ago, Kasper said:

No that's not the point. I'm seriously amazed that so many people seem to be confused about what the issue is.

Feel free to discuss it to the appropriate thread. :thup:

Edited by cubaricho

4 minutes ago, Kasper said:

No, it's your point. It might not be other people's points.

I see just as many people saying it's immoral money as those saying the purpose is the difference.

Edited by Hhtoon