PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 hours ago, Kasper said:

The difference is that they have completely different goals when they buy Newcastle United and when they buy shares from Uber. 

I dont understand the mental gymnastics around this. Can't we just accept the truth, take the critisism and get on with it?

Obviously they have many and different goals and what they want in return for investing Saudi money into businesses the world over, but if there is to be an outcry about human rights atrocities and how bad Saudi money is for NUFC, there needs to be an overall outcry full stop.

I’m not having some sports journalist declare NUFC as the moral base in which to be judged on over Saudi atrocities just because their money is being invested into something we have zero choice or a say in. Where were they while SA were carrying out evil acts? Where were they when Ashley’s employment practices were fucking over his workforce with their moral crusade? They can get to fuck!

Uber can say no to Saudi investment, the U.K. can stop dealing with them and David Squires and co might want to look at where some of their salaries can be traced back to. We can say no and stop supporting the club, but why should we, why should we be the ones who are held accountable for any of this shit which again, has fuck all to do with us. 

And yes it’s good to have a discussion, but we can’t say no to what we are, which is supporters of a football club we formed and our own money, not Saudi money, has kept it going for over 120 years. It’s our club, the PL and our government and the game has allowed Saudi money to buy a stake in the business of our club, the game, the sport. The world has allowed SA to get away with and continue to commit human atrocities, not some Geordies from Newcastle.

Judge them, ask them questions, take the moral high ground to them journos, fellow fans, and whoever else has had and will no doubt have their say, not some Geordies just supporting their club. Just look at the scenes when it was announced and how it’s being turned into Geordies are happy with boood money from Saudi, that was a celebration of Ashley finally selling up and fuck all to do with SA, AS or JR and their money.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, STM said:

When someone doesn't agree with me, I will just insist that they aren't smart to understand what I am saying. That will work. [emoji38]

That’s how this place has worked for years. Stupid. [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Of course it does. If they're using the good name of Newcastle United to try and improve their international reputation, that's not the same as investing in a company to make a few quid.

Ok, last post about this here but I really want to know....do you guys seriously think that what Wullie above says about their objective is not a fact but an opinion? :laugh:

I honestly thought everyone was on the same page about this but just disagreed how bad it is and whether it should be allowed.

Edited by Kasper

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Obviously they have many and different goals and what they want in return for investing Saudi money into businesses the world over, but if there is to be an outcry about human rights atrocities and how bad Saudi money is for NUFC, there needs to be an overall outcry full stop.

I’m not having some sports journalist declare NUFC as the moral base in which to be judged on over Saudi atrocities just because their money is being invested into something we have zero choice or a say in. where were they while SA were carrying out evil acts? Where were they when Ashley’s employment practices were fucking over his workforce with their moral crusade? They can get to fuck!

Uber can say no to Saudi investment, the U.K. can stop dealing with them and David Squires and co might want to look at where some of their salaries can be traced back to. We can say no and stop supporting the club, but why should we, why should we be the ones who are held accountable for any of this shit which again, has fuck all to do with us. 

And yes it’s good to have a discussion, but we can’t say no to what we are, which is supporters of a football club we formed and our own money, not Saudi money, has kept it going for over 120 years. It’s our club, the PL and our government and the game has allowed Saudi money to buy a stake in the business of our club, the game, the sport. The world has allowed SA to get away with and continue to commit human atrocities, not some Geordies from Newcastle.

Judge them, ask them questions, take the moral high ground to them journos, fellow fans, and whoever else has had and will no doubt have their say, not some Geordies just supporting their club. Just look at the scenes when it was announced and how it’s being turned into Geordies are happy with boood money from Saudi, that was a celebration of Ashley finally selling up and fuck all to do with SA, AS or JB and their money.

Reminds me of that total bellend Miguel Delaney spouting shite about us yet taking his wage from Saudi. Wanker. 

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Ok, last post about this here but I really want to know....do you guys seriously think that what Wullie above says about their objective is not a fact but an opinion? :laugh:

my-cousin-vinny-its-a-fact.gif

4 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I honestly thought everyone was on the same page about this but just disagreed how bad it is and whether it should be allowed.

Why can't both points be valid? 

18 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m not having some sports journalist declare NUFC as the moral base in which to be judged on over Saudi atrocities just because their money is being invested into something we have zero choice or a say in. Where were they while SA were carrying out evil acts? Where were they when Ashley’s employment practices were fucking over his workforce with their moral crusade? They can get to fuck!

Judge them, ask them questions, take the moral high ground to them journos, fellow fans, and whoever else has had and will no doubt have their say, not some Geordies just supporting their club. Just look at the scenes when it was announced and how it’s being turned into Geordies are happy with boood money from Saudi, that was a celebration of Ashley finally selling up and fuck all to do with SA, AS or JB and their money.

Well said. Sportswashing or investing Uber or Disney, you could argue the degrees, but at the end of the day, it still means we are already operating in the same circles as Saudi Arabia. 

That the PL weren't even bothered about the moral aspects tells you everything we need to know about how this shitty football business works in the modern era. 

By all means if anyone wants to feel bad about NUFC being sponsored by PIF, feel free to do so, but if you were really bothered you'd probably just walk away. 

Just now, Lazarus said:

Even though were disagreeing, anyone notice the lack of namecalling since the takeover went though? [emoji38]

I almost miss it

Aye, same here fuck face.

The forum has been great since the takeover was officially announced mind and one of the best things has been seeing old (cunts) former members return. We will get a lot of knackers joining in the coming weeks, months and years but I’m hoping for some good new fresh blood to emerge and join this amazing community of ours. 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

but I’m hoping for some good new fresh blood to emerge and join this amazing community of ours.

Real question is, are new members being allowed admission into the clique?

Because if so take this as my note of interest:ninja:

6 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Real question is, are new members being allowed admission into the clique?

Because if so take this as my note of interest:ninja:

There is no clique, just Chili Pad meetings and a @Rocker takeover WhatsApp group, oh and some secret admin forum for the internet virgins.

Edited by HTT II