PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

This narrative about top players not signing, us needing 17 players, FFP etc etc is nonsensical anyways

We are used to Mike Ashley ownership, what is about to come is likely to be an improvement. Rather than signing Joe Willock and then refusing to sanction loan deals we end up signing 2-3 Joe Willocks, that is a massive improvement and what we'll be happy with 

3 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Some of those Woodcote quotes belong on Talk Shite radio.

There's some real bitterness coming through from jealous commentators outside of Newcastle. 

I think rather than go for Gerrard, we should make an official approach for Klopp. That should ruffle a few feathers. 

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Brilliant from the the new owners.

Whilst this is great let's not forget that they donate hundreds of thousands of pounds to the tories, whose policies have resulted in a 60 fold rise in the use of food banks since 2010.

4 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Re Liverpool, that stat about us having won more trophies than Liverpool on the morning of the 74 Cup Final is so depressing like :lol:

Looked it up just now and Chronicle article says we were on 11 to their 10 before that final. 

"Before the fateful cup final kicked off, in terms of major honours, Newcastle United were actually more successful than Liverpool.

The Magpies had 11 trophies in the bag, while the Scousers had ten.

The four decades since then, of course, have seen the Reds amass an incredible array of silverware, while the Toon remain perennially potless."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia/newcastle-united-nostalgia-forgotten-match-8029446

Before the mid-1970s, Man Utd had also never won more domestic trophies than NUFC. Not once in the previous 100 years or so of their history had they been ahead of us in terms of domestic trophies won.

Man Utd before Matt Busby were, at best, a below average club. Which goes to show that one era in a club's history can propel a club onto a previously unimaginable level.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone think the owners will be introduced on the pitch before the game tomorrow?

This Takeover is the most important event at our club in my lifetime, and as the Chairman is going to be here also for his first visit, then YES they should be, and will be, formally introduced.

It may be from the pitch, or it may be from standing up and waving from the Directors Box.

Either way . . . YES !!! 

Woodgate is as thick as a castle wall and doesn't know his arse from his elbow. When he talks about the North East he assumes that attracting people to Tyneside is as difficult as it is for the hellhole that is his smoggie homeland. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Edited by Wandy

9 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Whilst this is great let's not forget that they donate hundreds of thousands of pounds to the tories, whose policies have resulted in a 60 fold rise in the use of food banks since 2010.

Didn’t know that, down with their sort…

12 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Really.......I mean really.  Words just fail me.

Nothing can be celebrated for what it is - someone has to go but what about this then............Society has lost how to celebrate good things, it just wants to wallow in the bad!

40 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Really.......I mean really.  Words just fail me.

Nothing can be celebrated for what it is - someone has to go but what about this then............Society has lost how to celebrate good things, it just wants to wallow in the bad!

Oh yeah, that's the problem with a society where 1% of the population hold a quarter of the wealth and 2.5m people need to use food banks to survive :anguish:

5 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Woodgate played the best football of his career here and was very well received, so I don’t really understand why he’s so bitter about us. 

Not sure if he's bitter, or just thick as pig shit.  Rolled out for a few quid, 'here's what you've gotta say Johnny'.

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Oh yeah, that's the problem with a society where 1% of the population hold a quarter of the wealth and 2.5m people need to use food banks to survive :anguish:

What has that got to do with NUFC man........I think you want the BBC or Guardian HYS not an NUFC forum

3 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Not sure if he's bitter, or just thick as pig shit.  Rolled out for a few quid, 'here's what you've gotta say Johnny'.

He’s as thick as fuck, think all that powder in his younger playing days went to his already diminished/lack of brain cells, great defender when fit though. Easily could have been world-class.

Edited by HTT II

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

What has that got to do with NUFC man........I think you want the BBC or Guardian HYS not an NUFC forum

What a load of shite.