PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see how this is legal at all. Members of a sporting membership organisation can vote to prevent potential future investment coming in to one of their members, after they have already benefitted from it themselves? Not for me like.

I doubt a competition law judge would even entertain it for a minute if it came before them. Can anyone imagine such a thing happening in any other field of business? The EU for example would be slapping million euro fines left, right and center. In fact, I would love it if the club went after those 18 clubs hard in court. They wouldn't stand a chance defending this decision.

The Saudis should send a letter to those clubs saying "think VERY carefully about your next decision".

It was CAT that forced through this takeover, I have no doubt of that. And dealing with these clubs through the same organisation will be an absolute breeze compared to getting the club sold.

Edited by Wandy

As long as we can bring in sponsorship at the same levels as those around us then i'll be very happy. We've survived off fresh air for so long just spending the money we make is a massive step forward, never mind opportunities from elsewhere. We've a reported £190m to spend on players. If we spend that over 3 seasons we'd be laughing (Howe spent the same over 4 seasons - just saying) whilst in that time we'll have earned more money and improved deals. Any money spend in infra isn't included and that's where we desperately need it the most. They can slow this down, but not stop it and eventually it'll happen.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

I don’t understand the logic, as all sponsorship has to be at a fair market value anyway, doesn’t it? It’s already regulated with regards to the amount we can get.

Well that's the thing, Man City allegedly got around the rules, hence the court/legal thingy with UEFA I think it is, going on with them over it.

Imagine how disappointed the other 18 teams will be when Saudi sponsors Manchester City to the tune of £500m and Abu Dhabi sponsor Newcastle United to the tune of £500m, when Saudi and Abu Dhabi do a deal amongst themselves.

14 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

There’s a really good interview with Yasir on YT, listening to him speak makes me think that there’s not a lot the EPL could do that he won’t have either thought of or mitigated against. 

The one with David Robinson?

So the 18 twats who are trying to change sponsorship rules haven’t given a thought to changing the 0&D test to consider moral issue’s when clubs are taken over. Fucking hypocrites the lot of them. This needs legal challenges which hopefully the club will be considering.

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Why isn’t this being criticised and why was news released shortly after the takeover was confirmed after months of doubt?

Don’t see folk calling for this to be stopped.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/saudi-owner-wilton-cracker-set-21888419.amp

Aye, wonder if they smoggies will be producing another banner for this at their next home match?!!

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

Well that's the thing, Man City allegedly got around the rules, hence the court/legal thingy with UEFA I think it is, going on with them over it.

And PSG backdated a sponsorship deal and you can always loan a player for a season to push his eventual transfer fee down the line (Mmmmmmmmmbappeeeee).

A Saudi Arabian airline is one of the frontrunners to become Newcastle's new sponsor after a favoured option of having the Crown Prince's "Vision 2030" project emblazoned on shirts was scuppered.

Legally-binding assurances to the Premier League around no state involvement at the club and now a vote from rivals to clampdown on owner sponsors has made up the new owners' minds.

Prior to the initial takeover approach collapsing a year ago, discussions had taken place around giving significant prominence to Vision 2030, the Mohammed bin Salman-led plan to diversify Saudi's economy away from oil.

However, the prospect of advertising such an explicit connection to Saudi's controversial leadership had been fading even prior to a Premier League vote on Monday to temporarily ban owner-funded deals.

Now it is two other long-term options - the Saudia airline or potentially a Saudi-based new tour operator - that are being earmarked by insiders as the most likely next shirt and stadium brands.

There is confidence within Newcastle that bringing in a Saudi-based corporate sponsor will not be a long-term problem despite hostility from club rivals at a meeting this week.

(from article linked above) 

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

A Saudi Arabian airline is one of the frontrunners to become Newcastle's new sponsor after a favoured option of having the Crown Prince's "Vision 2030" project emblazoned on shirts was scuppered.

Legally-binding assurances to the Premier League around no state involvement at the club and now a vote from rivals to clampdown on owner sponsors has made up the new owners' minds.

Prior to the initial takeover approach collapsing a year ago, discussions had taken place around giving significant prominence to Vision 2030, the Mohammed bin Salman-led plan to diversify Saudi's economy away from oil.

However, the prospect of advertising such an explicit connection to Saudi's controversial leadership had been fading even prior to a Premier League vote on Monday to temporarily ban owner-funded deals.

Now it is two other long-term options - the Saudia airline or potentially a Saudi-based new tour operator - that are being earmarked by insiders as the most likely next shirt and stadium brands.

There is confidence within Newcastle that bringing in a Saudi-based corporate sponsor will not be a long-term problem despite hostility from club rivals at a meeting this week.

(from article linked above) 

Just do what Ashley did, not pay a penny for the sponsorship… call it charity or something!