PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

£3,855,000m + £30,607,794m = £34,462,794 surely?

As said in the twitter link thread, it looks as though its Staveleys 10% of the club (the £30.6m) plus 10% of the recent club operating costs (the £3.8m) payment.

Still no idea where the £9.5B is coming from

Edited by Lazarus
Adding with a calculator instead of in my heed

29 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

£3,855,000m + £30,607,794m = £34,462,794 surely?

As said in the twitter link thread, it looks as though its Staveleys 10% of the club (the £30.6m) plus 10% of the recent club operating costs (the £3.8m) payment.

Still no idea where the £9.5B is coming from

He sort of explains the real amounts in the next replies. Basically, £310m (£306m rounded up for 306 shares) to buy the club, then £38m (for 38 shares) later invested probably for running costs.

The £95bn basically comes from him saying they had issued 38 shares for £38m each, and 306 shares for £310m each.

Which is clearly wrong.

12 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

That doesn't make sense. Why do Cantervale need 310 to buy the club, Staveley only owns 10% and she's had to borrow from the Reubens already

I think it does make sense actually.

I'll try and explain what I think has happened when I get back to my desk. I warn you, and I might be wrong, but it is both tedious and nothing to be either worried or excited about.

Quite a few filings went in to PZ newco, our holding company, on 4 November, as well as the above stuff being reported with Cantervale holdings, including appointing Stavely, the Ruebens etc to PZ.

The amounts I talked about (i.e. £310m acquisition, £38m additional financing) stack up with what's been reported re the deal.

According to other filings re PZ on the 4th November, on the of 8th April, Cantervale ceased to be a person a person of influence over PZ. We were taken over the day before, on the 7th.

In other words, for simplicity's sake, my guess is the whole transaction went through Stavely's Cantervale in the first place, then was transferred to PZ.

Might, of course, be wrong. And yes, I'm falling asleep too.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Mike Ashley more, seeing these guys getting fully involved in the club and it's relevance in the area, makes me so fucking angry that Ashley was allowed to get away with his running of the club for so long.

Fucking brilliant seeing the two of them there. 

6 minutes ago, Robster said:

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Mike Ashley more, seeing these guys getting fully involved in the club and it's relevance in the area, makes me so fucking angry that Ashley was allowed to get away with his running of the club for so long.

Fucking brilliant seeing the two of them there. 

To be fair the Newcastle United Foundation has been doing some fantastic work even during Ashley's time, but very happy to see our new owners actively involved with them.

These two were also there. Guess it's great that the foundation are able to get a wider coverage now compared to the Ashley days. Good start from PCP so far their PR exercise

Edited by nufcjb