PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

£300M purchase plus 1bn to settle piracy over EPL coverage and folk are suggesting PIF are getting uneasy already and may be ready to splash out close to 1bn to purchase Inter. 

Nonsence, the start of something new, especially with everyone ganging up against you is always going to be tough. The consortium know this, PIF aren’t just going to walk away, Staveley already said we’re a good 5 years away from being anywhere near ready.

They may or may not pump some money into Inter but the EPL is the place to own a club, they’ve picked their horse and they will back it. Settle in and enjoy the race we’re not even in the paddock yet.

Nice post. I don't mean to be cautious/pessimistic but that's what nearly 40 years of following NUFC does to you. Always waiting for the next disaster to come around the corner. We've been a "nearly club" for my whole life and I'm desperate to see that washed away, once and for all.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I'm assuming people saw this article yesterday. PIF apparently "disappointed" with the purchase so far. :rolleyes:  https://www.football365.com/news/pif-disappointed-unattractive-newcastle-united-they-want-another-team

This is the kind of stuff we will have to put up with forever now. As soon as there is a setback of any kind, it will be that the club isn't meeting the Saudis' expectations and that they might be looking to sell.

Mind you, I'm still not convinced that they wouldn't consider selling up if we go down. Which is why it's crazy to think that relegation "won't matter".

What a crappy article.  He quotes another journalist saying that they're disappointed and that journalist clearly states its his opinion.  The article goes on to say that now PIF are interested in Inter instead.  PIF have had some interest in Inter all along and in fact preferred Newcastle because a) it was far less expensive and b) has great potential.  It has been said that PIF would be interested in owning multiple teams.

PIF are not selling anytime soon.  Anyone who says or implies that is full of shit.

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

What a crappy article.  He quotes another journalist saying that they're disappointed and that journalist clearly states its his opinion.  The article goes on to say that now PIF are interested in Inter instead.  PIF have had some interest in Inter all along and in fact preferred Newcastle because a) it was far less expensive and b) has great potential.  It has been said that PIF would be interested in owning multiple teams.

PIF are not selling anytime soon.  Anyone who says or implies that is full of shit.

Exactly, they haven’t hung around for 18 month to just move on quickly after acquiring the club a month a go.

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

Whatever the ultimate intention is, no-one walks away from a £300m investment after a month unless the business is an absolute irrecoverable terminal decline that came as a hidden shock.

Even Enron had investors wanting to buy them right up until the last second 

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Clubs are desperate to prevent NUFC from maximising sponsorship. I suspect if legally challenged it wouldn’t be allowed.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e1570a18-4175-11ec-96bf-de0821791f3f?shareToken=c7fa3aaae28b2ff73b3a474f740b2fca

Apart from the fact that this will never fly in a court of competition law, what's stopping PIF from padding some multi-billion dollar deal they do anyway with a 100 million or so for the customer or supplier company to put their name on the Newcastle shirt for a few years? I wonder how far the PL clubs think they can stretch their "related parties" argument to make it anywhere near water tight.

In any case, if the outcome that no new deal may be larger than say 20%, 30% or even 50% above the current largest similar deal of any other club that seems fair enough, but that won't stop them from Newcastle United becoming a force to contend with.

These clubs have tried to keep PIF out by illegal means and now they try to keep their impact confined by illegal means. It won't stand a chance, legally or pragmatically.

Having said that, nothing would give me more satisfaction that seeing the club progress year by year like Leicester have done. All we ever needed was not to have our hands tight behind our back by the fat man-child who used to own us. With the right people in place and the right financial backing this club should be able to compete with the very best in the country in any case.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

How can a newspapers have the cheek to publish that the Saudi's are not satisfied by investment they just made FOUR WEEKS ago despite every communication mentioning that they are long term patient investors :lol:

Been here 1 month after spending 18 months fighting to get the club. Had no chance to invest in infra or squad, but fed up already. Aye right.

1 hour ago, Consortium of one said:

And let’s not forget PIF aren’t even at the takeover table anymore nonsense!
Onwards and upwards :indi:

Is it normal that when new owners takeover a club, there is no press conference like the one for Eddie yesterday? Has there ever been one for owners?

Could just be my imagination aye but thought we often rolled out press conference for the media for stuff like new managers and signings.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Is it normal that when new owners takeover a club, there is no press conference like the one for Eddie yesterday? Has there ever been one for owners?

Could just be my imagination aye but thought we often rolled out press conference for the media for stuff like new managers and signings.

I remember when the story first broke that Caulkin said they had plans to do a press conference at SJP but covid then happened so not sure if those plans were sidelined.