PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Sure it's in the pipeline for them to move from Benton park view to a city centre location.

Not sure of the reason why tbh 

Just spoke to my daughter, there’s been no announcement yet about moves to staff, however due to commercial sensitivities. So possible they could move, however when also who owns the land that DWP/HMRC are on at Longbenton?

12 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Just spoke to my daughter, there’s been no announcement yet about moves to staff, however due to commercial sensitivities. So possible they could move, however when also who owns the land that DWP/HMRC are on at Longbenton?

A friend works there and he says they have just been told about the move, obviously it's a good few years away 

I don’t think it’s as nailed on as you all think. It’s very political with certain leaks to staff being strategic. Wouldn’t surprise me if everything remained at Longbenton. Certainly nothing doing for a few years.

11 hours ago, 1964 said:

They don't, ownership of all HMRC buildings were moved to the private sector under PFI, about 15 years ago

I worked in the Estates team for HMRC, and all HMRC buildings (HMCE and IR, as they were then) were sold to Mapeley PLC in 2001 . . . except for the huge BPV site, they have never been owned by Mapeley they still remained Crown owned.

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Ashleys loan was covered in the 305m buying price, once that deal was concluded he cut his ties.

Still needs getting rid of in the clubs accounts though doesn't it? Something has to come in somewhere to clear / replace it. Even if it's part of the 300m.

There's no new £77m and it has nothing to do with the loan. It's just a misunderstanding of what these filings mean, I think.

Newcastle United Football Club Limited (NUFCL) own Newcastle United Limited (NUL). 

They aren't two separate companies getting separate amounts of extra money. You put £38.5m into NUFCL, and then it flows down into NUL. Twitter just then double counted it and made it £77m.

That £38.5m was all to do with running costs, and it was something reported on a few weeks ago already. I might be wrong, and I certainly don't know the distance between Wrexham and Halifax so you're free to doubt me.

But it would otherwise be a bit of a coincidence that the consortium can only work in multiples of £38.5m.

All it is, is companies house filings catching up to stuff related to a few weeks ago. I reckon.

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

When does the temporary sponsorship ban thing come to an end? And do we think the league have something more permanent lined up for when it expires? I'm hoping our owners have all this in hand and are ready.

The end of this month I believe.

13 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

When does the temporary sponsorship ban thing come to an end? And do we think the league have something more permanent lined up for when it expires? I'm hoping our owners have all this in hand and are ready.

Today

They can put a deal forward to the Premier League but apparently they have to agree that it is of the correct market value. I think Staveley was alluding to how she thought the Premier League may drag their heels in their assessment of it being fair market value to beyond a point where the league has voted in tougher sponsorship rules.