PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Imagine Staveley agreeing a £20m a year shirt sponsorship deal then going back a week later and being forced to renegotiate it and being limited to only coming out with £12m a year. It's fucking ludicrous :lol:

There’s absolutely no way a lawyer from another company can decide what your commercial deals should be worth, surely? Has to be absolutely full of holes. 

I mean, I suppose as long as we can spend what Man City have already, it’s cool. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s absolutely no way a lawyer from another company can decide what your commercial deals should be worth, surely? Has to be absolutely full of holes. 

I mean, I suppose as long as we can spend what Man City have already, it’s cool. 

I think if neither Newcastle nor the premier league do something outrageous nothing bad will come of this. In effect, don't announce a 10 Billion dollar sponsorship deal and the PL shouldn't try and cut in half anything like Man City or Man U is doing. 

What’s even worse than the 5 clubs is the 13 other clubs who have gone along with this. None of them can see the bigger picture of these cunts trying to pull up the drawbridge and protecting their CL income.

They’re all just consumed by self interest and probably accept they’ll never compete, so are happy to condemn us to also rans aswell. At the minute the 13 would rather see the 6 keep their place and us be relegated. 

This is the same 6 clubs who want the CL places to be stitched up regardless of league placing with UEFA.

It’s all well and good saying this doesn’t really bother me and we’d rather be a West Ham or a Leicester and grow organically. However, where that falls down is when one of these 6 clubs comes along and takes your Tielmans or Declan Rice and you can’t do fuck all about it.

That’s why I’m unashamedly still fucking delirious that not one of those fucking clubs will ever steal one of our players again. Because put simply they couldn’t fucking afford to.

How do you grow organically when Liverpool steal Bobby Clark and Chelsea link up with a school in our fucking city to steal the best young talent.

Nah fuck organically announce Aramco in an 80 million deal tomorrow and let the fuckers try and stop us.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Nah fuck organically announce Aramco in an 80 million deal tomorrow and let the fuckers try and stop us.

I don't know what they will do exactly, perhaps what you say or perhaps something else, but I know that Staveley/Reubens/PIF did not buy us to finish second, or anywhere in amongst the dross.

So they will do something to defeat this.

And I personally cannot W A I T to see what it is !!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I can definitely live with never winning the league. Just to compete, being back in Europe, developing the club and growing our own stars... We don't need to plunge unchecked wealth into our efforts in order to be the club I'd love us to be. 

I will also never buy the idea that Leicester winning the league was somehow invalid, or such an anomaly that it can't be referenced as an example of overcoming the top clubs. 

@Yorkie with the resources at our disposal? Man, when I was a young teen and we were so close to winning it, that was special. To not exhaust our financial might against those who are looking to close up shop and keep the bulk of clubs out of their exclusive party is criminal. I couldn't give a toss how we win, but I want this club back to where we were 20+ years ago, which means outspending other clubs.

Who better to spoil the fucking party than us? :lol:  I just need to see a trophy lifted before I die. :lol: 

Leicester was special, I enjoyed that run as a neutral, but you have to be lying to yourself if you think they way they did it will ever be repeated. Hell yeah it was an example, but the odds and data will always point to resource, capital rich clubs that can field the best product on the pitch, managed by the best and run by top class executives. I totally get where you're coming from, however, Yorkers. :) 

On the plus side this will only help us in the future ironically, once we get to the level we aim to be at, no other club outside the current big 6 will be able to even have a hope of keeping up. They're trying to stop us from being a big spending top club but it's inevitable, our owners want it and so do one of the biggest investment funds in the World. You can't stop it and the clubs are just killing themselves in order to scratch us, it's ridiculous and what football has become. 

Will this rule now encourage sugar daddy type owners to buy the likes of Watford or Leeds and turn them into a powerhouse? No. 

Ironically they want a better future for their club. 

10 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

On the plus side this will only help us in the future ironically, once we get to the level we aim to be at, no other club outside the current big 6 will be able to even have a hope of keeping up. They're trying to stop us from being a big spending top club but it's inevitable, our owners want it and so do one of the biggest investment funds in the World. You can't stop it and the clubs are just killing themselves in order to scratch us, it's ridiculous and what football has become. 

Will this rule now encourage sugar daddy type owners to buy the likes of Watford or Leeds and turn them into a powerhouse? No. 

Ironically they want a better future for their club. 

Have you thought that if we can do it, so could someone else ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

Have you thought that if we can do it, so could someone else ?

He has a point though. Why would any prospective, ambitious new buyer of a football club bother with a PL one when these anti-competitive restrictions don't apply elsewhere? At the very least this will diminish the potential value of all the clubs as it puts an artificial ceiling to what can be achieved, in theory at least, unless and until our lawyers have made mince meat of it.

I seriously couldn't give less of a fuck how we might end up with a trophy. Even if we "buy" the league, we would still do it up against clubs that are so fucking far ahead of us at the moment that it would be a massive, massive achievement and a huge fuck up from the top clubs. Especially with the way they've been trying to keep us down (plus the whole Super League fiasco), I'd be over the fucking moon if we ended up "buying" the league. 

1 hour ago, CaliMag said:

I a waiting for an emergency meeting to abolish the January transfer window, but just for this season. 

I know a few on here have wished that the league is suspended due to covid so that we have the opportunity to get new players in with more games left of the season, but I could definitely see them at the very least try this if the league is suspended.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

He has a point though. Why would any prospective, ambitious new buyer of a football club bother with a PL one when these anti-competitive restrictions don't apply elsewhere? At the very least this will diminish the potential value of all the clubs as it puts an artificial ceiling to what can be achieved, in theory at least, unless and until our lawyers have made mince meat of it.

Exactly. If these rules had been enforced before City or Chelsea bought their way to a seat at the top table, it might have made sense. Now you will only be getting buyers who will want to use PL clubs to fleece them like Ashley or the Glazers. 

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Staveley has already put a shot across the bows with the letter to the other clubs. This will go to the courts (possibly a joint legal submission with Man City) as it’s totally anti-competition and restraint of trade

She also said she couldn't support the new PL Charter as she hadn't had time to read it. Just like Putin putting his tanks on the border whilst talking about peace.

The problem with us happy to be a Leicester etc is where do we go when we get there? When we’re comfortably on the fringes of the top 6 do we just give up and maintain our position and let the scum at the top pass trophies around while the rest of us do fuck all bar maybe compete for an FA Cup every few years?

Look at the resources we have, we should be spoiling their party at every given opportunity. After all this shit I hope we never get into bed with the cunts for a top 7, they can all fuck off as can the other 13. 

8 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

But if we get round them others can. What could put others off, is our wealth, if its used.

One thing with the market value is that companies aren't paying 10s of millions of pounds to sponsor Man City, Chelsea, Leeds. The bulk of the value is in being visible as part of the premier league. We're already on TV loads - 6 of our next 9 are on TV in the UK and we've always been high profile, even when shite.

I'd love to see the premier league argue that our sponsorship deals are at too high a value whilst at the same time maintaining a position where they are the most valuable league in the world

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

The problem with us happy to be a Leicester etc is where do we go when we get there? When we’re comfortably on the fringes of the top 6 do we just give up and maintain our position and let the scum at the top pass trophies around while the rest of us do fuck all bar maybe compete for an FA Cup every few years?

Look at the resources we have, we should be spoiling their party at every given opportunity. After all this shit I hope we never get into bed with the cunts for a top 7, they can all fuck off as can the other 13. 

The whole point about "doing it like Leicester" is surely to get to the point where Leicester are now, and then move on from there? Good luck challenging for top spots year after year without spending what the rest of the top teams are doing. It can be sustained for a few years, but eventually you'll run out of steam even if you do almost everything right.

Look how hard it is to stay at the top, the likes of Leicester and Spurs have tried doing it without spending, they've both fallen well  behind, Manchester United have spent the most money out of the whole league in the last five years (IIRC) and they are nowhere near the top right now.

The worst thing in the last 14 years has been this club just bending over and taking it up the arse. 

Look at the Andy Carroll sale what a fucking deflating experience that was at the time. Who wants a club that when you reach a certain level, the big clubs just pick your best players off.

Where heading into this transfer window wondering who we’re going to sign for the first time in years. 

These owners won’t bow to anyone, sure we’ll get all the stories about Staveley being clueless punted by the nationals, but the truth is they’re rattled to fuck.

We might be shit on the pitch at the minute, but the worm will start turning big time for us in next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Letting Cabaye and Ba walk out of the door at the first opportunity was every bit as bad as the Carroll sale imo.

We didn't have a choice with Ba. Cabaye we really should have got a lot more from than what we got. Set us back so much that sale man.

The Carroll sale was worse though, because it was the symbol of what the club had become. The club forced him to put in a transfer request to get the money for him ffs. 

11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

We didn't have a choice with Ba. Cabaye we really should have got a lot more from than what we got. Set us back so much that sale man.

The Carroll sale was worse though, because it was the symbol of what the club had become. The club forced him to put in a transfer request to get the money for him ffs. 

Ba had that release clause but only because we structured his wages so it was based on playing

That was Ashley doing what Ashley does best, thinking he could save a few quid in the short term but we allowed a £20m+ player go for way less