PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

54 minutes ago, Sean said:

Where has £80k a week been reported? Might just go and throw myself off a high building if that's true [emoji38]

I mean we were paying 40k a week to Steven Taylor a decade ago, so it's not really that outrageous to be paying a PL striker 80k in today's terms. 

58 minutes ago, TRon said:

I mean we were paying 40k a week to Steven Taylor a decade ago, so it's not really that outrageous to be paying a PL striker 80k in today's terms. 

It makes him one of our highest paid players. I just find that a little bit grim is all

5 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Is it not grim that our RB is getting more than our striker?

5 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

How is it grim to be paying your strikers a high wage?

Just for reference, the players Stan is talking about here are Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood. He is aware of this.

Why he has made these comments is anyones guess.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

One day, maybe in the distant future, we'll be able to sit back and start enjoying this takeover. 

I’m the most engaged and invested into NUFC today than I’ve been in over a decade. Currently it might not be enjoyment, but it’s probably something better: relief and hope. 

Just now, DJ_NUFC said:

I’m the most engaged and invested into NUFC today than I’ve been in over a decade. Currently it might not be enjoyment, but it’s probably something better: relief and hope. 

Oh completely, and in some ways that makes it worse :lol: I just don't think any of us can pretend to have enjoyed things so far, other than seeing the end of Ashley, Bruce and Charnley.

I suppose clearing the deadwood from the squad will be a huge relief.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Oh completely, and in some ways that makes it worse :lol: I just don't think any of us can pretend to have enjoyed things so far, other than seeing the end of Ashley, Bruce and Charnley.

Totally agree. I do enjoy the sight of people with a healthy BMI on our touchline though. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I won’t be happy until I see brick outhouse Carlos clatter into the back of Shelveys baldy heed on a defensive clearance, sending the ball and the prick out of the ground together…

8 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Engaging with the club again is proving t be enjoyable. Engaging with the media reports again is the same hell it always was.

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

I'm still bouncing around on cloud nine tbh.

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

If relegation comes then so be it.

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

Let's not forget ourselves.

Just now, Minhosa said:

Have to say the tone of some of our fanbase since this takeover has been a little bit entitled or perhaps ungrateful which is really disappointing. Have they magically forgotten the last 14 years as if they didn't happen?

The change in communication, the positive noises coming from the club, the togetherness and the very fact that they are already 'trying' is more than we've ever had under Ashley.

I'd still intend on making the most of the season to rebuild, enjoy seeing the new signings settle etc.

I'm absolutely thrilled they had the tenacity, perserverance and desire to get through negotiations with Ashley (which NOBODY likes), to battle the PL with the odds stacked against them and the balls to take the risk when we were staring down the barrel of relegation.

They'll obviously make mistakes (I've got reservations about Howe for example) but, fuck me, I'd take relegation with this lot than 17th place under Ashley.

Tremendous.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Totally agree but it was always going to happen RE the fans.

Was it? Genuine question btw.

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

I'd be trying to correct that narrative if I was them.

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

They appear to have nothing but good intentions.

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

The future is bright so let's enjoy the journey.

Just now, Minhosa said:

If I'm honest, I didn't foresee the unreasonable expectations at all. At least, not this soon. Did these people think we'd just turn into prime Man City within a fortnight?

I'll tell you what doesn't help at all, this 'Richest Club in the Woooorrrld' narrative.

We might have wealthy owners but nobody knows their full intentions and nobody knows their end game so I really think it gives an awful impression and starting point for the likes of PCP to do business from.

Overall, I can't begin to wrap my head around those people moaning about 'only 2 signings', DOF taking too long etc. Check yourselves man. They've bought the shell of a football club with no soul, heart or infrastructure.

We clung on to hope during the Ashley era, surely we can have faith now? Surely that's the easiest thing in the world?

I do appreciate the view that we're all so much more passionate about our club now. And I get that, with that passion, comes a desire to be better now but we've got to look at the bigger picture.

Spot on 

9 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Absolutely 100% this 

11 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Love it. :clap:

Just now, LV said:

Absolutely 100% this 

Honestly, my overriding emotion/feeling is one of HUGE gratitude.

Like I genuinely don't know when this feeling of gratitude will wear off because all I can think of how lucky we are not to have Ashley anymore.

I HATED my football club for years. I railed against my own team under Pardew, Bruce and many others.

I believe happiness comes from gratitude and I'm absolutely bouncing to be free of Ashley and to have, what appears at this stage, genuine owners with good intentions.

Surely, this was what we all dreamed of?

It's wayyyyy too early to wake up lads.

5 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Worded far better than I ever could, well said 

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I don’t think some people can see the bigger picture and they want it all now. I don’t know if it’s age/ naïvety or what but I don’t understand it at all.

We are light years away now from what we’ve had the last 14 years but we are still essentially at the very start of what is hopefully a very long term project. 

I do think though that most of our fans understand this and are the silent majority compared to some of the more strident messages coming out on here and on (ugh) twitter. 

The future is bright and yeah it might mean a year in the championship. I’ll take that. 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Honestly, my overriding emotion/feeling is one of HUGE gratitude.

Like I genuinely don't know when this feeling of gratitude will wear off because all I can think of how lucky we are not to have Ashley anymore.

I HATED my football club for years. I railed against my own team under Pardew, Bruce and many others.

I believe happiness comes from gratitude and I'm absolutely bouncing to be free of Ashley and to have, what appears at this stage, genuine owners with good intentions.

Surely, this was what we all dreamed of?

It's wayyyyy too early to wake up lads.

Yep this is where i am at too. I’m loving it and loving seeing how it all unfolds - mistakes, blips and all. 

1 minute ago, NUFC_Chris said:

It is largely only coming from idiots on twitter, let’s be honest, and by god there’s lots of them on there. 

It’s not just twitter unfortunately. But again I still think they are the minority but just a lot more vocal.