PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Thats one take, not sure I see it that way. They had from October until December to get some senior recruitment staff in but here we are with Stavely, Reuben, Howe and Nickson scratching around unable to sign anyone. They had plenty of time to identify targets too. I dont buy into the 'sale took them by surpise' argument. Football moves fast and a couple of months is enough time. 

There are mitigating factors. The window is difficult but not impossible. We're not looking to improve on good players here, we just need some competent bodies through the door. 

'Trying their best' doesn't really cut it when we're staring down the barrell.

The sale caught everyone by surprise. I don’t know how you can think otherwise. How do you not ‘buy it’? How have you reached that conclusion? I’m genuinely interested. 

This whole project is starting from scratch with a club that was on the bones of its arse. There were no existing structures in place like for example Man City when they were taken over. We are not even 4 months in yet and in that time they’ve achieved a hell of a lot without those structures in place yet. There’s only so much a small number of people can do. They have said all along they will take their time to get the right people in and it looks like that’s what they are doing.

I get that it’s frustrating that we are not safe from relegation and don’t immediately have a new DoF and quality playing staff in but things just don’t work like that. It will take time and they will make some mistakes, like any human including any of you would but I trust them to get it right as time goes on.  

It’s because she is a high profile, powerful successful women, that and the general media shit stirring/bias because of the takeover. I’m sure she doesn’t care, and neither should we.

3 hours ago, LV said:

No one has accused you personally of misogyny. That’s quite the flounce.

Yet you’re happy, without any proof, to say that Staveley is constantly leaking to the press. 

Many of us have noted that she seems to get a lot of shit and I wondered what was behind it when I think she’s done nothing but good for this club. 

Does she? I’ve not seen any specific to Staveley. Beyond this conversation I mean.

Fucking hell. Imagine being told in the summer when we struggled to afford the loan fee for Hamza Choudhury that Gayle, Schar and Lascelles would be dancing in the Arabian desert whilst we're chasing the likes of Bruno Guimaraes for £30m. :lol:

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

[emoji38] 

Incredible. :lol:

So many questions. I wonder if they knew that a) they'd have to dance to a Newcastle United themed chant, and b) that they'd be filmed doing it. 

This is twice as funny to me being an actual Gulf Arab

To be honest, given the treatment they are giving the squad its a made me feel a bit more reassured that they are still interested in the project and the club even if we go down this year

5 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

This is twice as funny to me being an actual Gulf Arab

To be honest, given the treatment they are giving the squad its a made me feel a bit more reassured that they are still interested in the project and the club even if we go down this year

Shit man, with you being a Gulf Arab the last thing we need to hear from you is any needing reassurance that they'd still be interested.

Got me worried again now about relegation ramifications.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Shit man, with you being a Gulf Arab the last thing we need to hear from you is any needing reassurance that they'd still be interested.

My guess means fuck all. I never thought the Saudis would stick with this deal in the first place after being fucked around, hence why I practically never popped up in those two threads that were going at the time.

The Gulf Arab amused thing was more at me being amused at them enjoying traditional Gulf style Music/Dancing.

Unless you're being sarcastic here then shit man, with you being on an online forum where I cannot hear your tone of voice the last thing I need is reading this at midnight.

Got me worried again now about being gullible.

14 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

My guess means fuck all. I never thought the Saudis would stick with this deal in the first place after being fucked around, hence why I practically never popped up in those two threads that were going at the time.

The Gulf Arab amused thing was more at me being amused at them enjoying traditional Gulf style Music/Dancing.

Unless you're being sarcastic here then shit man, with you being on an online forum where I cannot hear your tone of voice the last thing I need is reading this at midnight.

Got me worried again now about being gullible.

No no, not sarcasm. I'd want you to be telling us that they are in for the long haul and relegation would be a temporary setback and to strap ourselves in for the ride of our lives.

51 minutes ago, madras said:

No no, not sarcasm. I'd want you to be telling us that they are in for the long haul and relegation would be a temporary setback and to strap ourselves in for the ride of our lives.

I think they will to be honest, if they waited for a year to get the purchase finalised then I can see them sticking around to get the club back up again and going once promoted. I had concerns over the "saving face" sociological aspect of Saudi culture once Masters and the EPL fuckers were twating around and PIF withdrew so I could not see the actual sale happening a year later, they did stick with it so I can definitely see them sticking with the project beyond whatever happens and having them treating the players and the staff with such a warm welcome is reassuring.

However, I remain to be entirely convinced about their approach this month, its all well and good you want to play it smart and not be taken advantage of by overpaying but then when we go down because we didn't spend an extra 10 million once or twice in important positions then that doesn't look very smart at all. Lets see what the next few days bring.

Personally, I have always thought of Saudi as a country with money but not ability to execute (no pun intended) vision/possess intelligence akin to UAE or Qatar (the fact that Qatar more or less found a way to thrive perfectly fine during the political tensions with Saudi Arabia last few years, as Saudi tried to ostracise them, should tell you something). This can change though and NUFC can be part of that change, I hope. Look up MBS - Saudi Vision 2030.

Edited by Amir_9