PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Light years from this time last season.

Owners going above and beyond to communicate with the fans. A nice relaxed attitude too. No calm, no panic, just a message of let's keep improving on and off the pitch. Which they continue to do. Magic stuff.

40 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

See the ‘big 6’ are up to shenanigans again. Kieran Maguires tweet is interesting.

One thing I'd go along with is scrapping the league cup. It's been dead for a long long time. I'd actually be a bit gutted if our first trophy was that because it's not too far off our intertoto win for me.

To balance it out, I'd give a Champion's League spot to the FA Cup winner...

1 hour ago, 80 said:

One thing I'd go along with is scrapping the league cup. It's been dead for a long long time. I'd actually be a bit gutted if our first trophy was that because it's not too far off our intertoto win for me

Find that such a depressing take. :lol: It's a totally legitimate competition imo and I would hate for us/the majority to have the slim chance of securing silverware made even slimmer. 

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

See the ‘big 6’ are up to shenanigans again. Kieran Maguires tweet is interesting.

It's just silly to have two domestic cups. League cup should be retired.

All teams should enter the first round of the FA cup with no qualification rounds. More money for winning the early rounds, with a smaller price pool for winning, but rather compete for a CL spot.

No replays. Go to extra time then penalty shootout.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

It's just silly to have two domestic cups. League cup should be retired.

All teams should enter the first round of the FA cup with no qualification rounds. More money for winning the early rounds, with a smaller price pool for winning, but rather compete for a CL spot.

No replays. Go to extra time then penalty shootout.

No Qualification rounds? The FA Cup just becomes the League Cup in that case.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Not if all teams enter from the first round.

So are you saying that it would be limited to only clubs playing as low as League 2 or are you going all the way down the football pyramid to Northern League level or whatever the equivalents are that enter at the first qualifying round?

Just now, KDT said:

So are you saying that it would be limited to only clubs playing as low as League 2 or are you going all the way down the football pyramid to Northern League level or whatever the equivalents are that enter at the first qualifying round?

Without having looked into how many games it would end up being, then yes ideally every team from PL to the lowest league level enters the same round.

If that ends up being an unreasonable amount of games over a season then I may have to retract my statement :lol:

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

More than 700 teams compete in the FA Cup. You'd need about ten rounds! 

Mind you West Didsbury & Chorlton (a) sounds canny.

If a PL team wins both League & FA cup they'll play either 11 or 12 games depending on which round of the League Cup they enter.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

One thing I'd go along with is scrapping the league cup. It's been dead for a long long time. I'd actually be a bit gutted if our first trophy was that because it's not too far off our intertoto win for me.

:hunter:

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Nah, not having that at all.  I’d go crackers if we win the LC - and no chance would I want to reduce the number of competitions