PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

The club has had loads of crests mate.

47 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That crest is all I've ever known so it is to me :lol:

I love it, love its nod to the city coat of arms and we've had it when we were class under Keegan and Robson. Only change(s) I'd acquiesce to is changing the lion in the turret to something that looks a bit more like a lion and/or a 'dumbing' down of the colours for want of a better phrase to the colour scheme of the 125 Years version from 2017-18 or to a strictly black and white design.

All the other designs we've had or had put forward are shite imo bar the original coat of arms of the city from the 1950s, 60s and 70s and that isn't coming back.

46 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That crest is all I've ever known so it is to me :lol:

I love it, love its nod to the city coat of arms and we've had it when we were class under Keegan and Robson. Only change(s) I'd acquiesce to is changing the lion in the turret to something that looks a bit more like a lion and/or a 'dumbing' down of the colours for want of a better phrase to the colour scheme of the 125 Years version from 2017-18 or to a strictly black and white design.

All the other designs we've had or had put forward are shite imo bar the original coat of arms of the city from the 1950s, 60s and 70s and that isn't coming back.

The point is it's not sacrosanct though, definitely not. :lol:

Even then, you can update it and improve it without encroaching too much.

I'll keep banging the drum for this Screenshot_20221012_183810.thumb.jpg.05eceb8a7f61a8f031d53a445974308b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll keep banging the drum for this Screenshot_20221012_183810.thumb.jpg.05eceb8a7f61a8f031d53a445974308b.jpg

Yep, would agree with that but the blue in the flag would need to revert to white as that was a genuine error that's persisted since it was made.*

*reason 100001 why I don't get invited to parties.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It is to me, that's my point. :lol:

All opinions. :thup:

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

For anyone who can listen 

15 mins into listening to this - Christ almighty he’s in a different league to Charnley (not that he was much competition to begin with)

Personally don't give a flying fuck what they call the ground. Football's all about the money and the only way we were/are ever going to be competitive was by being equally rich as the big players. 

The club has to bring in as much revenue as possible because they're changing the rules to hump us. 

Clinging to the, albeit sentimental and historical, naming in the circumstances is a tad precious. 

Imho, obvs 😉

39 minutes ago, Mikky said:

15 mins into listening to this - Christ almighty he’s in a different league to Charnley (not that he was much competition to begin with)

“We want Newcastle United to be competing for trophies and be in the top six consistently and be up there in Europe. If we can find a path that gets us there the quickest way possible then we’re going to bring everyone on the journey.”

:tobey:

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

“We want Newcastle United to be competing for trophies and be in the top six consistently and be up there in Europe. If we can find a path that gets us there the quickest way possible then we’re going to bring everyone on the journey.”

:tobey:

:kurt:

Count me as one of those who wouldn’t like it - but then I also would rather we didn’t have shirt sponsors - but ultimately has far less issue with this than I did with Ashley.  At least we know the club would be the beneficiary.

I’m not sure how much we’d get in the actual marketplace given that the ground will be known as SJP regardless - but I’m sure the KSA company which ends up festooned aal awa the ground won’t be paying the market rate. 

Stadium name change: no.

Stadium associated name: yes.

Club crest: yes but only if decent.

Plenty of other priorities though.

I suspect one of his first jobs is getting a training ground sponsor. The training ground itself might be a few years off but a sponsor needs tied down sooner rather than later.

12 minutes ago, STM said:

I suspect one of his first jobs is getting a training ground sponsor. The training ground itself might be a few years off but a sponsor needs tied down sooner rather than later.

I read somewhere that (I think Man City) get £40m/yr just for the naming rights of  their training ground. Ridiculous amounts of money that we need to be looking into. I believe we could easily get £100m/yr for SJP. And we need that money to compete. 

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I read somewhere that (I think Man City) get £40m/yr just for the naming rights of  their training ground. Ridiculous amounts of money that we need to be looking into. I believe we could easily get £100m/yr for SJP. And we need that money to compete. 

Spurs were apparently looking at £25m/pa from Google.  I’m willing to bet we’d be looking at c.£10-15m/pa

Guest reefatoon
19 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

The future is so fucking bright, man:lol:

It’s non stop amazing news man. Just when you think you might get a chance to put your cock back in your slacks, more wanktastic news drops. It’s non stop.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s non stop amazing news man. Just when you think you might get a chance to put your cock back in your slacks, more wanktastic news drops. It’s non stop.

We’ve gone from “turdtastic” to “wanktastic” in such a short time :indi:

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've got one of the best badges in England though (the best in the PL according to my Mrs who doesn't give two shits about football and wouldn't just say that to be nice to me), absolutely no need to change it. Would be gutted if we did change it tbh. 

As for SJP, I'd much, much rather keep the name, but if it's a deal worth doing, then I wouldn't be too gutted to see it change. SJP needs to still be there mind, and it must never be ruined with tacky shite plastered all over it like our previous owner did with it. 

Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Chelsea, Leeds, Villa, the mackems, Sheff Wed, and plenty more significant English clubs have changed their club crest since we last did.

I wouldn’t be clamouring for a change, but I’m not arsed if it does.  The current crest is a lot younger than the average season ticket holder.  The crest isn’t something which is linked to our history other than the recent past.

This isn’t to argue against those who don’t want it to change - I’m just someone who doesn’t care either way. 

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't say I've given it too much thought but I suggest the essential features of our crest are tue seahorses, castle and black&white stripes. The lion and the little flag it's holding and even the banner with the club's name could be dropped to streamiline the crest. Whatever, I'd definitely cut the blue and red colours.

9 hours ago, TomYam said:

I can't say I've given it too much thought but I suggest the essential features of our crest are tue seahorses, castle and black&white stripes. The lion and the little flag it's holding and even the banner with the club's name could be dropped to streamiline the crest. Whatever, I'd definitely cut the blue and red colours.

The red comes from the city’s coat of arms, which of course is the basis for the club crest.  The coat of arms is clearly a much, much better design and used to adorn our shirts - problem is, you can’t trademark and profit from it.

Not sure why the red or blue would be an issue tbh. 

The CEO mentioned yesterday that some of our current deals are kind of locked in and we don’t really benefit as a club

I think this links into FUN89, Castore, Retail/Distribution and possibly some remnants from SD.

I’d be shocked if our commercial revenues from next season don’t increase by 200-300% given that our realisation from current deals is next to nothing - I mean this puts us comfortably into the top 7 bracket straight away