PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Just had a look on Historic Football Kits to remind myself, but I didn't really dislike any of our Adidas kits, to be honest, and would love them back as kit maker/supplier.

And aye, 2007-2009 kit was first to have the panel on the back for the number, if you forget the shield on the back of the 1997-99 shirt, which I thought was even worse than the black or white panel.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United-change-kits.html

Hate how bad our sponsors have been since Northern Rock.

I still love Umbro kits, they’re absolute masters of simple, respectful design.  I’ll try and forget the ‘barcode’ kit from the early ‘90s (not exactly an era of particularly dapper kits generally).  Brentford’s home kit is perfect Umbro - no faff, no frills - standard size stripes and a simple collar

I’m sure whatever conservatism is in me is expressed via football.  I never feel like this about clothing and traditions outside of the game :) 

24 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I still love Umbro kits, they’re absolute masters of simple, respectful design.  I’ll try and forget the ‘barcode’ kit from the early ‘90s (not exactly an era of particularly dapper kits generally).  Brentford’s home kit is perfect Umbro - no faff, no frills - standard size stripes and a simple collar

I’m sure whatever conservatism is in me is expressed via football.  I never feel like this about clothing and traditions outside of the game :) 

They've been consistently class the last few years, like. If it was purely aesthetics and nowt else I'd have Umbro every day of the week. Sadly, they're probably not going to deliver the type of deal we're after. 

I thought the penultimate Adidas kit - the one we got relegated in, was proper shit. Worst in my life along with  the Puma spikey one. Their last one was decent though. 

(I think it was shit cos of how it looks, not the association. Too much black, shiny material, dodgy collar, badge in the middle)

i think this year’s is good.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

11 hours ago, gjohnson said:

We've had some pretty awesome away kits. Hated that 97-99 orange green striped one at the time but think it's stunning now... probably cos it was massively unique and had a good sponsor

Yeah, I was given that one as a xmas present at the time... Didn't care much for it at all and it ended up in back of the wardrobe for years.

Coincidentally stumbled across it while looking for something else recently and it definitely has a lot more appeal now.

12 hours ago, gjohnson said:

We've had some pretty awesome away kits. Hated that 97-99 orange green striped one at the time but think it's stunning now... probably cos it was massively unique and had a good sponsor

Adidas didn't put a foot wrong with the away kits for a long time. Wasn't really a bad one among their first 8. After that they stopped putting as much effort in. 

Capture.JPG

49 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Adidas didn't put a foot wrong with the away kits for a long time. Wasn't really a bad one among their first 8. After that they stopped putting as much effort in. 

Capture.JPG

I don’t think the 98-99 one is very good, although it makes me nostalgic. 99-00 is forgettable. Really liked the 00-01 one. 95-96 obviously just pure class. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

02-03 was my favourite. It was the 1st shirt I got, but also it was a good spell for our club at the time. We beat Juventus at home in it, Juventus went onto to the Champions League final that year and only lost on penalties.

02/03 was a bit mad in that it was dark blue shorts. Worked so much better as an away kit with the cream continued. Did it ever get worn with the dark blue?

But yeah, every single one of them is a banger. 

Shameless share of a list article I whipped together earlier in the season on a bored Sunday:  https://nufcfeed.com/8-weird-or-wonderful-newcastle-kits-39125 

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

02/03 was a bit mad in that it was dark blue shorts. Worked so much better as an away kit with the cream continued. Did it ever get worn with the dark blue?

But yeah, every single one of them is a banger. 

Shameless share of a list article I whipped together earlier in the season on a bored Sunday:  https://nufcfeed.com/8-weird-or-wonderful-newcastle-kits-39125 

image.thumb.jpeg.4b5bdd93ddd8af933dbe182ba9799aa7.jpeg

This as a 3rd/Europe kit next season would be delicious.

Couldn't care less who makes the kits. They're all a much of a muchness these days, producing bland crap with stick-on club badges, none of which I'll buy. Some of the smaller brands tend to make a better effort in terms of design - but fall foul of the same cheap production.

Just get whoever gives us the most money.

Had an interesting conversation with a bloke tonight at a family do. He doesn’t like football but is part of the funny handshake brigade and networks. Anyway he reckons Saudia will be running routes from Ncle and that they’re putting 400M into the club. 

I can’t back any of what he said up, it just came up in general conversation when I asked if he followed the football.