PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

19 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Adidas didn't put a foot wrong with the away kits for a long time. Wasn't really a bad one among their first 8. After that they stopped putting as much effort in. 

Capture.JPG

I thought the 97/98 one was fucking awful at the time, and the passing decades haven’t softened my opinion.  Was also uncomfortable to wear

34 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I hadn’t realised what a curse being the short sponsor is;

Newcastle Breweries - gone

Ntl - gone

Northern Rock - gone

Wonga - gone

Dont tell Saudi airlines….

3 of them still exist, just been bought by different companies.

21 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Adidas didn't put a foot wrong with the away kits for a long time. Wasn't really a bad one among their first 8. After that they stopped putting as much effort in. 

Capture.JPG

95/96 should be our away colours and more often than not the hooped design as well. 

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Had an interesting conversation with a bloke tonight at a family do. He doesn’t like football but is part of the funny handshake brigade and networks. Anyway he reckons Saudia will be running routes from Ncle and that they’re putting 400M into the club. 

I can’t back any of what he said up, it just came up in general conversation when I asked if he followed the football.

A 10 year official tour partner deal in the works then…

28 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Id still love to see a yellow and green kit again or maybe a silver it from the 80s. 

Was just gonna say this. They’re my two favourite away kits aside from the mid 90s hooped grandad collar one.

I had the silver one as a kid and loved it. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Was just gonna say this. They’re my two favourite away kits aside from the mid 90s hooped grandad collar one.

I had the silver one as a kid and loved it. 

Yeah, I had had the silver pin stripe kit, then i think they changed it after a few years and placed a band across the chest which was black and white.  Great kts. 

39 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Yeah, I had had the silver pin stripe kit, then i think they changed it after a few years and placed a band across the chest which was black and white.  Great kts. 

Mine was the pinstripe one.

I might have made this up but was there a gold colour third kit similar to the silver? 

47 minutes ago, LV said:

Mine was the pinstripe one.

I might have made this up but was there a gold colour third kit similar to the silver? 

No, dont recall a gold strip back then, but in the 1987 (ish) season, I think we had a one off blue umbro kit for playing away at Luton.

EDIT: A proper one off kit, didn;t even have the club badge on it!

image.png.a561d35ef509d6ab43b34f174335b0f1.png

Edited by TK-421

49 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

No, dont recall a gold strip back then, but in the 1987 (ish) season, I think we had a one off blue umbro kit for playing away at Luton.

EDIT: A proper one off kit, didn;t even have the club badge on it!

image.png.a561d35ef509d6ab43b34f174335b0f1.png

Wow, never seen that before. 

2 hours ago, ianovthetoon said:

This one?

557FDE4C-5A2F-4208-8A4D-9CAFF79B1A27.jpeg

No not that one. 

It might be a false memory but it was proper gold colour that went with the silver one from the mid-80s.

24CFB8FC-BBE4-4BEB-B0D1-9E3C0C493997.thumb.jpeg.d73117f8c8daccc947001e941635762c.jpeg

So this but in gold 

Edited by LV

1 hour ago, LV said:

No not that one. 

It might be a false memory but it was proper gold colour that went with the silver one from the mid-80s.

24CFB8FC-BBE4-4BEB-B0D1-9E3C0C493997.thumb.jpeg.d73117f8c8daccc947001e941635762c.jpeg

So this but in gold 

Thats the one i had, cant remember a gold version of it.

1 hour ago, LV said:

No not that one. 

So this but in gold 

Wolves had a 'gold' version of this shirt in the 80's but not us. Think it would be listed on one of those historic kit sites if we had.

image.thumb.png.f1d7eb3a03d657021e8e7e4b0bb33571.png

Edited by TK-421

8 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Wolves had a 'gold' version of this shirt in the 80's but not us. Think it would be listed on one of those historic kit sites if we had.

Canny smart jersey. 

59 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah I’m clearly just imagining it :thup: