PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Might be controversial but I’m fucking delighted for the Saudi’s consider me sportswashed.

Same here, just love an underdog story anyway! Always ignites the World Cup, this kind of result!

You can be delighted for the Saudis without needing to link anything to NUFC.

It's a huge sporting upset, and one they deserved, against a tournament favourite. And in what was probably the best match of what has been a pretty stale tournament so far.

You don't have to agree with their regime, or anything else, to be able to enjoy that.

As for Qatar, I was happy they lost but that's due to how the tournament was awarded to start with and how it has been conducted since.

Edited by Abacus

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The result is really amazing, I just wish it didn't involve Saudi so idiots in our fanbase wouldn't need to get involved. 

yeah it’s just silly and pointless.

Saudi Arabia played in every world cup from 94-06 without any of this. It was all but certainly a far worse place for human rights then than now.

Its the current climate that's the factor. The national dance at the 94 opening ceremony included dancing with swords ffs.

8 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

He can't help himself can he?

Still amazed me someone who works for the daily mail (and please, enough with the 'mail on sunday is a different paper' bullshit) feels they can have any sort of integrity ever.

11 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Surely it's homophobic to restrict me of my rights solely because of my sexual preference.

Not during the world cup.  Try again when it's over. Could've landed the poor guy in jail.

Edited by bobloblaw

9 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Saudi Arabia played in every world cup from 94-06 without any of this. It was all but certainly a far worse place for human rights then than now.

Its the current climate that's the factor. The national dance at the 94 opening ceremony included dancing with swords ffs.

There should be no issue with the Saudi Arabian football team. The citizens don't choose their rulers

A combination of no guaranteed CL income due to increased competition and the yanks not getting there way over Super League have led to this.

Let’s hope American venture capitalists secure the purchase of both clubs and they suffer many barren years in the future.

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

I thought in future seasons Champions League places were going to be awarded on historical performance rather than current merit?

Not sure the ins and outs but I'm sure something was mentioned. Ridiculous if it is.

Thought if was the same qualification but 2 (?) historical places for Man United and Chelsea