PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

So 6 in total? Or top 2 in the league + 2 historical?

Same qualification throughout the leagues but two places for the clicky invite. 

Just the two extra for the whole of Europe. 

I was being fasheeeshus about Man U and Chelsea

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Same qualification throughout the leagues but two places for the clicky invite. 

Just the two extra for the whole of Europe. 

I was being fasheeeshus about Man U and Chelsea

:thup: Either way, someone finishing 7th and getting in Europe's top competition because of how well they've done in the past is ridiculous, like.

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I thought they'd changed it so that an extra place goes to the countries with the best coefficient - essentially England and Spain

Something like that but was it not 2 places and the two teams don't have to be even placed just outside the regular slots?? 

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Something like that but was it not 2 places and the two teams don't have to be even placed just outside the regular slots?? 

No, I'm sure it was changed so effectively England and Spain (as things stand) would have 5 teams in the CL and it would be top 5 of the league

25 minutes ago, Johnny said:

After the four minute mark. Talk about "sportwashing" etc. Newcastle mentioned by the interviewer

canny interview.

like it how he justifies it by explaining how its improving the lives of arabs first and foremost.

MBS is still a bit of a psycho mind but as someone said earlier, the people didnt vote for him.

Edited by huss9

8 hours ago, duo said:

The hypocrisy of these journalists to critise the Newcastle ownership but then jump on the 1st flight to Qatar and cuddle up to the PSG owners.

Exactly man sourpuss, Neville, Keane the lot of them have some fucking nerve whilst they’re all coining it in out there.

at leasty lineker has come out and apologised for not taking the same level of interest and regrets not raising the same concnerns before Russia 2018.

and they invaded a sovereign country for no reason ffs.

some interesting comments also from andros townsend with regards to sharia law and the pressure his muslim colleagues/friends get put under to openly support LGBT issues. he's quite understanding and comes across well.

its not black and white.

i come from a muslim family and my younger brother though not homophobic would be devatssated if one of his sons were gay - go figure.

i'm so glad i left it all (religion) behind. can raise my kids as without the fear of hellfire.

18 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

A combination of no guaranteed CL income due to increased competition and the yanks not getting there way over Super League have led to this.

Let’s hope American venture capitalists secure the purchase of both clubs and they suffer many barren years in the future.

Don't see why anyone would want to spend £5bn on a football club if they want to make money from it....even the projected Super league money would take decades to recover the buying price without any investment in the team at all.

Don't understand why the Glazers would want to sell as they get money out all the time and Man U still generate a lot of it. Are they getting greedy or just can't be bothered with the hassle given that they are no longer top 1 or 2 challengers?

We were pretty darn cheap to buy (on a billionaires scale) and if PIF wanted to sell us tomorrow, they could easily double their investment, but when you're talking billions, thats still peanuts

More from Saudi Sports Minister’s interview with BBC, this is the best part-

Little more than 12 months since their takeover, Newcastle are third in the Premier League table and unbeaten in all competitions since 31 August.

The Magpies have spent more than £200m on players since the takeover, breaking their transfer record to sign Swedish striker Alexander Isak in the summer.

"They've done an excellent job," added Prince Abdulaziz.

"They still have a long way to go - they've brought the right people on board. 

"I'm sure they have targets to win the league and the Champions League and so on because they strive for the best and always bring the best on board, so I think it's going to be a bright future for Newcastle."

Edited by Whitley mag

I can’t see the Saudis getting involved with another big PL club. Unless they plan to simply takeover the whole league and call it the Saudi League.

I actually think there is mileage in the Apple/Man U thing though. The NUFC takeover may have just heralded the new era of the PL….oil state elite clubs v giant corporation elite clubs. Man U owned by Apple, Dippers by Amazon, Arsenal by Google, then us and City powered by the oil.