PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Second in the 4th Tier will not be any good, only the team in 1st position is promoted to the 3rd Tier.

They need to get up to 1st place and be promoted so that they can start their long trek up through the divisions to get into the Super League (WSL) in four or five years time.

Yes you are correct , they need to win the league to go up which will put them in Norther premier league (tier 3)

Next Step up is the (Championship) tier 2

Then….

WSL (tier 1) 

So it’s not that much of a trek in regards to the number of divisions (should they go up this year) 

However in terms of quality they will need to add 3/4 signings in the summer to get out of The Northern premier league (tier 3) 

To be honest they played 3 or 4 teams all from the league above in pre season and matched them all despite not picking up the results they would have liked.

When they get to the championship- it is likely they will go ‘full time’ and you will see a dramatic improvement anyway.

You will then see better quality signings and it will all snowball.

Edited by JonBez comesock

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It's become pretty apparent that they didn't just want the ESL, they needed it.

Remarkable that in this era of "Financial Fair Play" and now "Profitability & Sustainability" such big clubs can find themselves in such a mess... :whistle: 

How far in the future will it be that our financial resources, our stability, our business acumen and our football management and playing quality. mean that we overtake this collection of rapidly declining has-beens?

Forget the Premier league "Big Six" becoming the Big Seven . . . Welcome to the new world of the Big O N E !!!!! 

Edited by manorpark

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Would we be out managing these clubs though, or would we just have a bottomless pit of money? 

We are, and will be even more as the years go by, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are implying.

In fact (if you read my post) that is what I have specifically said !!

27 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We are, and will be even more as the years go by, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are implying.

In fact (if you read my post) that is what I have specifically said !!

OK!! :lol:

I know we'll be well managed. It just occurred to me that we need to be careful boasting about how much better we are if we also have at the biggest advantage. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

OK!! :lol:

I know we'll be well managed. It just occurred to me that we need to be careful boasting about how much better we are if we also have at the biggest advantage. 

Yes, I see what you mean and agree with you.

Really, my "Big One" thing is just me enjoying myself with a bit of an exaggerated wind-up!

That is,

unless,

of course,

it really happens :D

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2207531/business-economy

"Saudi Arabia is set to build one of the world’s largest airports in what will be a huge boost for the Kingdom’s ambition to become a global hub for trade and tourism, according to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz.

The King Salman International Airport, located in Riyadh, will have six parallel runways, and is expected to contribute SR27 billion ($7.18 billion) annually to Saudi Arabia’s non-oil gross domestic product.

The airport will help drive annual passenger traffic in Saudi Arabia from the current 29 million to 120 million travelers by 2030 and 185 million by 2050, with aircraft traffic in the Kingdom increasing from 211,000 to more than 1 million flights per year.

With sustainability at its core, the new airport will achieve LEED Platinum certification by incorporating cutting edge green initiatives into its design and will be powered by renewable energy, according to the Saudi Press Agency.

The development, set to be built by the Public Investment Fund, will include the existing terminals named after King Khalid, with the capacity to process 3.5 million tons of cargo by 2050."

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why the hell do they need an airport that big? :lol:

In context, Heathrow currently has around 75m passengers per year. The Saudis want 120m. They’re going to need a big airport. Although the six runways seems a little excessive- Heathrow has two. 

plus status too, I guess. Much like having a Premier league/Champions league winning football team…

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

In context, Heathrow currently has around 75m passengers per year. The Saudis want 120m. They’re going to need a big airport. Although the six runways seems a little excessive- Heathrow has two. 

plus status too, I guess. Much like having a Premier league/Champions league winning football team…

Mind you, Heathrow has two could do with at least one more. 

if you have the space, fuck it why not