PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

What a ride this is going to be :indi:

All aboard the joy ride! :indi:

D1AFE14F-1AC9-424A-AD15-044D99604FBB.thumb.jpeg.ac1663c42b780d641fe4f77375b42530.jpeg

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2212461/sport

RIYADH: Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the chairman of Newcastle United, delivered a rallying cry to the Champions League-chasing players and coaching staff this week during their mid-season trip to Saudi Arabia.

For the latest updates, follow us on Twitter @ArabNewsSport

The 28-man Magpies squad were guests of honor at his Riyadh residence on Monday evening. Head coach Eddie Howe said that Al-Rumayyan, who is also governor of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, took the opportunity to discuss the team’s current form and plans for future developments at the club.

“It was a really, really special moment for the chairman to welcome us to his home,” said Howe, whose side sit third in the Premier League after 15 top-flight games. “It wasn’t underestimated by us; it was a really nice gesture. It’s not every day that you have that invitation, so we were humbled to accept it.

“He was really, really good with us, communicated his thoughts and visions on the future. I really enjoyed spending time with him and his family. He was very welcoming and open and I’m sure the players feel the same way. He was very good with them. He interacts and talks with them in a really good way.”

Howe, who in November 2021 was the first major appointment of the Saudi era at the club, has transformed United from a team that was battling relegation at the start of this year to one that is now fighting it out at the top with the Premier League’s traditional “big six.”

A lot of what he has built and achieved has come as a result of hard work and building a strong team spirit, and this was something that Al-Rumayyan reiterated to the squad, Howe said.

“I think he’s very much for the team,” the coach added. “He wants to acknowledge that and bring everyone together. He speaks really well and honestly, and I’m sure the players appreciated his words.

“It was, ‘Well done but we want more, we’re very ambitious.’ I think that’s what the players want to hear. He just (wants us) to continue to work as hard as (we) are and stick together as a team. He’s been really pleased watching the team, how it’s fought for everything.

“They were team messages but very effective messages. I think it was an acknowledgment from him to the staff as well. I think it was just nice for everyone to share that moment.”

When asked what the chairman’s home was like, Howe was diplomatically coy.

“Quite small, actually,” he said in jest. “It was an amazing place but he’s earned his success through hard work and it was a real privilege to be there.”

One thing on the minds of many monitoring developments at Newcastle is what lies ahead in the January transfer window. This was not a topic of conversation with Al-Rumayyan, Howe said.

“I didn’t think it was the right time, with his wife and children there,” he joked.

But he added that he has since met co-owners Jamie Reuben, Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi to discuss budgets.

The training camp in Saudi Arabia is Newcastle’s second trip to the Kingdom this year. They will take on Saudi Pro League champions Al-Hilal in a friendly at Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium at 8pm on Thursday.

:pedro:

Edited by PauloGeordio

Fucking amazing seeing the club plastered over billboards in a major international capital city. The clubs always been the biggest sleeping giant in this country bar none, it always had the potential to be something special but this is on another level and the reason the rest of football are currently shitting themselves.

Edited by Whitley mag

10 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Lest we forget, a very few short years ago

image.thumb.png.9bf728c29a9a37bbda1c153d542bae72.png

I do kind of look back on that team with a bit of fondness, they weren't the most technical or brilliant side we have ever had, but each of them played there heart out, managed to get us promoted, and kept us in the league under Rafa. 

Its not there fault that Bruce came in, and they didn't get sold when they necessarily should have, and then began to decline because Bruce is Bruce. 

Howe was given was a standing ovation by Saudi fans and those who had travelled from the UK, UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain.

I think this is the part of that article which gave me the most satisfaction. Great to see Howe's coaching methods being appreciated by our Saudi fan base.

3 hours ago, Slim said:

youtube cant be that lucrative for him so how does he afford to go everywhere? is he secretly rich or not secretly rich? i dont know as i dont bother to follow any of his stuff.

Edited by davidnolan13
missed words

1 hour ago, davidnolan13 said:

youtube cant be that lucrative for him so how does he afford to go everywhere? is he secretly rich or not secretly rich? i dont know as i dont bother to follow any of his stuff.

he'll be making about a grand a month, but lives at home, pretty sure he hasn't got a car or a lass so he'll have next to no costs.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

he'll be making about a grand a month, but lives at home, pretty sure he hasn't got a car or a lass so he'll have next to no costs.

No lass? Surprised at that like.

Just now, Big River said:

Which is all well and good in your early 20s but if he’s still doing it in 5 years it’ll be a bit grim.

He does bring a bit of a novelty factor and you can’t knock his enthusiasm, I do watch his videos every now and again. Can’t see him ever “making it” because he just doesn’t have the professionalism required.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's just a fad like The Geordie Dancer was and The Wealdstone Raider or whatever he's called. He couldn't go mainstream because his content on the whole is shite but he's funny and has a cult following.

You’ve said pretty much what I was trying to, but much more succinctly :lol: