PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

39 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Staverley said from the start they wouldn't be here forever, though they seem to be having so much fun that i doubt they'll be off anytime soon, they can probably sell half their stake for as much as they put in at this point and retain seats on board etc. But as said that doesnt look super credible but wouldnt shock me to see Staverley sell some at some point

Sge has already stated previously that their shares maybe diluted at some point.

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

It’s a mess of an article. It talks as if they are wanting to raise capital, then talks as if they are wanting to invest themselves.

Agreed, it’s complete and utter gibberish.  Had to read it three times as I thought I was having comprehension issues before realising I was reading a ‘journalist’ who can’t get a three paragraph story making sense. 

Staveley actually hinted at this in her interview, instead of PIF buying other clubs outright they may go down another route.

This isn’t about PCP diluting their stake though I agree it’s a poorly written article, this is about linking up and having an investment in multiple clubs without owning them outright.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I wonder if the club will use the international break as an opportunity to announce further commercial deals.

I'm guessing they're either with the premier league approval point or the current deals block the announcement of then next one until a certain time.

The Premier League could still cripple our progress if they deny a significant increase in commercial income. Europe + only a marginally improved squad could send us back down mid-table to 8th-12th.

We clearly have the potential to grow significantly and don't see why commercial sponsorship can't reflect that. Unfortunately the PL could have other ideas.

3 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

The Premier League could still cripple our progress if they deny a significant increase in commercial income. Europe + only a marginally improved squad could send us back down mid-table to 8th-12th.

We clearly have the potential to grow significantly and don't see why commercial sponsorship can't reflect that. Unfortunately the PL could have other ideas.

The PL FMV panel decisions and the entire concept of FMV is open to legal challenge. These twats need to be challenged.

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

The PL FMV panel decisions and the entire concept of FMV is open to legal challenge. These twats need to be challenged.

Yep, I agree - but the owners are playing nice, no doubt because the PL could also start playing hardball on other matters.  It’s anti-competitive nonsense that other clubs can judge what is a reasonable amount for a club to earn. 

8 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

I wouldn’t worry about this too much. It’s basically to stop us taking the piss. Noon pay us more for the sleeve than fun88 do for the stadium and shirt :lol:  

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Newcastle documentary set to ask challenging questions

Cameras have been following Newcastle United this season but do not expect an All Or Nothing-style series when the resulting documentary is released on Amazon Prime in the summer.

A joint production between 72 Films and Lorton Entertainment, it is expected to be far punchier and harder-hitting than some of the behind-the-scenes football productions to date.

Lorton Entertainment has also made a forthcoming Boris Becker documentary and Wagatha Christie film about the High Court trial involving Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy, while 72 Films has a series called Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story about the former BBC presenter and DJ, due out on Netflix in April.

The Newcastle project will address the club’s commercial set-up rather than focus on the dressing room, and there is a desire to ask challenging questions — particularly about the relationship with majority owners PIF, Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund.

Of course it won’t be. I mean what’s in it for us (as a club) if we’re basically airing out our own dirty laundry? :lol:

Im sure Staveley Co. would be ecstatic with bringing those non-footballing issues into focus and biting the hand that feeds us/them. The documentary makers will attempt to show some journalistic integrity but it’ll just be a bunch of prepared answers for known questions.

On 17/03/2023 at 16:03, Stifler said:

I’m regards to UEFA possibly changing the ownership rules. I wonder what the wider context will be. Everyone is pointing at Qatar being able to buy Man Utd with out having that Qatari banker being the frontman. However it could also help Radcliffe, as he owns Nice and it’s not beyond possibility that they are in the same European competitions as Man Utd in future. Of course people will be looking at us and thinking it may mean our sister clubs might become bigger than the likes Dijion who are rumoured.

Myself, I wonder if this will allow Red Bull to go again with their football group. They kind of hit a brick wall once Leipzig started getting into Europe and had to place one under their owners name and one under the beverages companies. I wonder if this means they will start looking at Serie A, La Liga, and Premier League clubs?

I have always thought that Southampton would be a perfect fit for them. They have the right colour scheme, they have the academy that has produced quality players in the past, and yeah ok they can’t change their name etc under FA rules, but they could splash their brand all over them.

It would also be interesting to see if bigger clubs start buying smaller clubs, especially Premier League clubs in order to help them with work visa’s etc.

MK Dons are a better fit for them - sure they have to start at a lower level but they have done that before and it gives them time imprint the Red Bull philosophy with less pressure than doing it in the top 2 tiers. Plus they can do whatever to the branding, and no one would give a fuck.

Edited by Cort

US-based private equity firm 777 owns a portfolio containing stakes in several soccer clubs around the world. Having first acquired Italian club Genoa, it has since made investments in LaLiga outfit Sevilla, Brazilian team Vasco da Gama and Belgian top-flight side Standard Liège. Other clubs 777 co-owns includes France’s Red Star FC, and A-Leagues outfit Melbourne Victory, with its most recent purchase being a majority stake in Bundesliga club Hertha Berlin.

I can see Liege being a target considering the success Brighton have seen with Union.

Also its possible that Belgium overtakes France in Coefficient soon so more European football for those clubs on the horizon.

Don’t panic, it’s saying that they have moved these three items to become heritage assets which means they can not be changed without supporter consultation.

Before now, they could make any changes they wanted to without fan involvement (in practice they still could but this is effectively a pinky promise)

Edited by James

1 minute ago, James said:

Don’t panic, it’s saying that they have moved these three items to become heritage assets which means they can not be changed without supporter consultation.

So while it is horrendously worded, it's actually a good thing?