PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Ashley will only react to what happens on the pitch when PL status is on the brink. He decided against it last year and that “gamble” worked for him. If he gets rid of Bruce, it’s because Bruce pissed him off and he’ll make it personal. 

He’s only leaving when he finds his unicorn buyer, which he did. And the league stopped it. 

The shaming of match going fans who want to a day out, take their kids, take their old dad or a mate in town to the match needs to stop. It’s such a poor way of attacking people. There’s no need for it. 

I think It’s more of an attack if that’s the right word on the fans who go week in week out and still moan about the state of the club. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think It’s more of an attack if that’s the right word on the fans who go week in week out and still moan about the state of the club. 

Ok I got you. So those who go but still want change etc. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah, can’t have it both ways in my opinion as continuing to go to the games is part of the reason Ashley doesn’t change.

I’m of the opinion that going to match or not isn’t impacting MA anymore. It did before, we’ve seen evidence of that. But I think he’s beyond giving a fuck about the crowd going or not. He’s so singularly focused on this damn takeover. It’s the only thing he’s working on re: us. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m of the opinion that going to match or not isn’t impacting MA anymore. It did before, we’ve seen evidence of that. But I think he’s beyond giving a fuck about the crowd going or not. He’s so singularly focused on this damn takeover. It’s the only thing he’s working on re: us. 

Aye. Nee fucker went to games for ~18 months and the cunt is still here.

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

There's very little evidence of this, though. If he was working on a takeover, we'd have been taken over by now. imo. He may accept a very beneficial one for him at the outrageous price he's placed on us when it comes along. But him working on actively selling us is a fairytale imo.

I went to the match using my Dad’s season ticket because I had a sh*t week at work and wanted some entertainment. That doesn’t make me any less of a true fan than someone who is boycotting, nor does it make me part of the problem.

We will get a new owner when we get a new owner. It’s completely out of our hands and frankly the fanbase as a whole is sick and tired of it all, and who can blame them?

2 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

I went to the match using my Dad’s season ticket because I had a sh*t week at work and wanted some entertainment. That doesn’t make me any less of a true fan than someone who is boycotting, nor does it make me part of the problem.

We will get a new owner when we get a new owner. It’s completely out of our hands and frankly the fanbase as a whole is sick and tired of it all, and who can blame them?

:llorente?:

8 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

:tino:

33 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

:facepalm:

Just now, Scoot said:

:facepalm:

Judge all you want but it isn't going to change anything. I want the takeover as much as you but I am not going to deprive myself of some fun so I can feel some moral superiority. I boycotted the club, Sports Direct, and everything Ashley owns for years and it made zero bit of difference.

Give the fanbase a break.

6 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

The fanbase is tired. There is no appetite for mass protest and getting angry and/or frustrated at that isn't going to change anything.

Fair enough, but if you feel like you have to justify why you did go and how you are not a part of the problem. You know you are a part of the problem. As long as people buy in to the shit product he wont give a shit, PL wont give a shit. Our cowardice should follow the fans of other clubs that stormed the pitch, raised hell for owners, anything to save it but naw, these simpletons are so brainwashed that they think for some reason that nothing will work, even if it has proven for other clubs.

11 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

Judge all you want but it isn't going to change anything. I want the takeover as much as you but I am not going to deprive myself of some fun so I can feel some moral superiority. I boycotted the club, Sports Direct, and everything Ashley owns for years and it made zero bit of difference.

You enjoy your  excitement mate. But don’t be complaining about the style of football, performance etc. You know exactly what your getting for your money. 

Edited by RS

10 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

Trying to give you a break.

I know its hard to admit when you are in the wrong. You can't be that stupid can you?

8 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

The fanbase is tired. There is no appetite for mass protest and getting angry and/or frustrated at that isn't going to change anything.

I understand but that's a different argument.

Liverpool fans as a prime example wouldn't allow it at their club so it's not unreasonable to be a bit frustrated with the lack of fight amongst our fanbase and seeing 50,000 in SJP again is quite demoralising.

8 minutes ago, worthy said:

Fair enough, but if you feel like you have to justify why you did go and how you are not a part of the problem. You know you are a part of the problem. As long as people buy in to the shit product he wont give a shit, PL wont give a shit. Our cowardice should follow the fans of other clubs that stormed the pitch, raised hell for owners, anything to save it but naw, these simpletons are so brainwashed that they think for some reason that nothing will work, even if it has proven for other clubs.

As others have said, Ashley has owned NUFC for circa 15 years. You can't compare short bursts of anger from fans of other clubs with 15 years of grinding resentment. There's nothing wrong with our fans.

1 minute ago, Rosenrot said:

As others have said, Ashley has owned NUFC for circa 15 years. You can't compare short bursts of anger from fans of other clubs with 15 years of grinding resentment. There's nothing wrong with our fans.

All you need to do is look at yourself in the mirror and you will see why he has been able to do so.

Edited by worthy

5 minutes ago, Robster said:

I understand but that's a different argument.

Liverpool fans as a prime example wouldn't allow it at their club so it's not unreasonable to be a bit frustrated with the lack of fight amongst our fanbase and seeing 50,000 in SJP again is quite demoralising.

The best comparison is with Manchester United. Their fans hate the Glazers but what can they do? They tried to protest, nothing really made a difference, so it fizzles out, and Old Trafford remains full.

Just now, worthy said:

All you need to do is look at yourself in the mirror and you will see why he has been able to do so.

Your judgement means very little to me, I am merely posting so that others who share my POV know they are not alone.

I boycotted the club for many years and it made no difference whatsoever.