PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

19 hours ago, Ben said:

Why didn't Edwards mention the Man City ownership model as a comparison? 

Because despite him saying the PL hasn’t felt the need to defend themselves in the press or brief against the takeover, he’s a mouthpiece for the PL and Qatar to brief against the takeover.

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Because despite him saying the PL hasn’t felt the need to defend themselves in the press or brief against the takeover, he’s a mouthpiece for the PL and Qatar to brief against the takeover.

The PL are rocked, their QC looked unprepared, any assertion that they are unruffled from Edwards is bollocks.

Very disconcerting that a so called local journalist is even attempting to paint that picture.

The piece certainly wasn’t balanced and has his usual undertone of anti this consortium.

If the PL are struggling to understand our current ownership structure, bring on arbitration Shaheed Fatima will hand them their arses on a plate.

24 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The PL are rocked, their QC looked unprepared, any assertion that they are unruffled from Edwards is bollocks.

Very disconcerting that a so called local journalist is even attempting to paint that picture.

The piece certainly wasn’t balanced and has his usual undertone of anti this consortium.

If the PL are struggling to understand our current ownership structure, bring on arbitration Shaheed Fatima will hand them their arses on a plate.

Can you stop talking as if you know anything about legal proceedings?

'Shaheed Fatima will hand them their arses on a plate' ffs.  Complete nob.

21 minutes ago, loki679 said:

keegan-upset.png?strip=all&w=712&quality

THEY'VE GOT TO GO TO ARBITRATION AND GET SOMETHING! 

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

They don't need to. I don't think it is so much a broad conspiracy as such that Saudi Arabia buying a club (and it helps it's us and not Man United or something) gives them a good chance to get some goo PR blocking a crazy immoral bid, allows them to pretend to have the moral high ground (while Man City and Chelsea are in the league lololol). 

Saudi Arabia are piling money into other sports like formula 1 etc. The thing is, this is all really actually wrong, there is no way saudi arabia should own a football club! But it's the picking and choosing when to have morality. You either have a moral premier league and have fan ownership to some level accross the board and restrict ludicrous spending severely or you don't. I was discussing this with another fan who was against the takeover in horror at Saudi Arabia which I have a huge amount of sympathy for. But I can't really stand and boo at somethign that will bring much needed investment into the area and give the fans some joy again. I will remain a morally compromised fan if this goes ahead.

And still for the record, I still just can't see it not being blocked by obstinancy from the PL, no matter what 'should' happen.

I think sums it up for most fans.

Football is on its arse really.   Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Liverpool, can spend £100-200M each transfer windows and the rest of the clubs basically loan their development players off them.    So either there is a reset of the whole PL structure and approach (never going to happen) or if you want your team to compete, then there needs to be a buyout by a state or an individual such as Musk, Bozo who wants to spend like there is no tomorrow.

It really is a, if you can't beat them, join them!!      If PL dont allow us to join them the top table then what is the point.     Thats what it is unfortunately!

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Their QC wasn’t unprepared at all. I like how fans have become legal experts over night thinking they know the difference between what was a good case delivery and bad :lol: 

Completely wrong as always.

Tbh it took me a good few hours of watching to actually realise he was acting on behalf of the PL. I thought he was the actual judge at first outlining the case details. So much diterhing about and saying the same thing over and over again.

After watching our QC for 20 mins the difference in preparation was light and day. 

Obviously that doesn't mean fuck all in the result but if someone like me with zero expertise picks up on how bad he came across that's not a good look for the PL trying to get the result they want. 

Edited by Scotty66

33 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Their QC wasn’t unprepared at all. I like how fans have become legal experts over night thinking they know the difference between what was a good case delivery and bad :lol: 

Completely wrong as always.

We’ll see who’s wrong shortly as you said CAT wouldn’t get go ahead.

2 hours ago, loki679 said:

I’ll talk how I wish thanks.

Ive got a lot more right about this process than the majority on here.

‘The Saudis have walked away they said’

’’The CAT case is a load of shite and will be laughed out’

’All this talk of corruption is embarrassing’

I’ve had a right laugh this week watching certain posters on here lap up the CAT case. 

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’ve had a right laugh this week watching certain posters on here lap up the CAT case. 

You've actually laughed at that? 😂

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

:lol::lol: Such a little child.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Chat enough shit for long enough you're probably able to claim some of it was "true", aye. :lol: 

Apologies for bringing down the discussion on here.

As you we’re chaps, might pop back when CAT is given go ahead.