PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

I saw that plane spotting thread, also claims that Ashley's chopper (oo-er missus) flew up here this morning.

Total guesswork, and speculation, but would be nice if the consortium (or at least the uk based element) has requested a meeting with Ashley regarding the manager and the teams position, on the back of the NUST survey result gaining traction/media publicity, and particularly with the arbitration dates now public and a definite date for a resolution one way or another.

Should it go our/the clubs way, then the last thing they'll want is to be faced with buying a club which could be deep, deep in a relegation fight by then, simply because Ashley won't act.

Then again, its probably all just Twitter bollocks and nowt is happening.

Why wouldn't they just meet in London?

Just now, reefatoon said:

I do enjoy it when the rumours and gossip fires back up.

Thing is though it looks like this is not rumours and is actually factual, whereas previously it was just rumours of SA lifting the ban. This is pretty significant news and a major hurdle removed,

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

It has no bearing whatsoever on whether KSA is a director under the rules-- which is the position they've locked themselves into. So if they let it go through based on this, they're never going to admit it's the reason.

We don't know what was said in private on the CAT case, regarding the upcoming Arbitration. The piracy might have actually been brought up.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards now saying he thinks the takeover will happen 😂

Shit, Henry Mauriss must be back in.

17 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

If KSA have done this as part of a $1bn arbitration case initiated by BeIN, it hardly sounds like a voluntary softening of their stance. Therefore I'd doubt if there'll be much of a knock-on impact to the takeover.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards now saying he thinks the takeover will happen 😂

That guy literally just shits in the wind and hope it sticks to something :lol: 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Alternatively I would also add that it also seems strange for this to be resolved if KSA wasn’t getting anything out of it.

Exactly. They will need a platform to show off their shiny new toy. It's happening!

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

And you have to wonder if this had any bearing on the takeover then last weeks CAT case wouldn’t have gone ahead.

Not if it has just been agreed as Ashley wouldn't postpone any CAT case based on assumption. It's by no means a given that it will push through the takeover, but one stumbling block, and a pretty big one in terms of BEIN and the PL has now been removed. Just have to wait and see what the fallout is from here, as I agree with you that if it is related, then the takeover should be pushed through quite quickly.  

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We don't know what was said in private on the CAT case, regarding the upcoming Arbitration. The piracy might have actually been brought up.

We don't know what was said behind closed doors, no. But the High Court ruling makes it clear the issue at play is the director issue, which was also confirmed in public parts of the CAT hearing. To say "we'll let it go through because piracy is fixed" is tantamount to saying "oops, ha ha, yeah we lied, our bad."

16 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

It has no bearing whatsoever on whether KSA is a director under the rules-- which is the position they've locked themselves into. So if they let it go through based on this, they're never going to admit it's the reason.

If I'm understanding you right those were my initial thoughts too. I'd imagine the piracy stuff didn't help matters and pushed the PL to find ways to try and stall/block the takeover, but now that the positions are entrenched and they are going down the separation route I've got no idea how this plays out [emoji38] Hopefully they can get back round the table. 

3 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

If I'm understanding you right those were my initial thoughts too. I'd imagine the piracy stuff didn't help matters and pushed the PL to find ways to try and stall/block the takeover, but now that the positions are entrenched and they are going down the separation route I've got no idea how this plays out [emoji38] Hopefully they can get back round the table. 

Imagine how dodgy it would look if all of a sudden they wanted to pass it

No chance man

4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I don’t know what’s real any more.

Mike Ashley is our owner, Steve Bruce is our manager, we're near bottom of the table and Alex Hurst runs and owns nust.

Reality is a bitch when laid out [emoji38]

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Imagine how dodgy it would look if all of a sudden they wanted to pass it

No chance man

I agree with this however I also feel like KSA wouldn’t just lift the ban without getting something in return.