PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I can't see it being as simple as the PL just allowing it through now, if they were to they would essentially be proving our case that beIN influenced them to block the sale.

Unlikely that the consortium are going to be willing to pay the previous valuation of the club or that Ashley would accept dropping the CAT case if offered less.

So, unless all three sides get together with PIF willing to pay the previous value and Ashley willing to drop the CAT case, I can't see how this results in the deal getting the go-ahead.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I can't see it being as simple as the PL just allowing it through now, if they were to they would essentially be proving our case that beIN influenced them to block the sale.

Unlikely that the consortium are going to be willing to pay the previous valuation of the club or that Ashley would accept dropping the CAT case if offered less.

So, unless all three sides get together with PIF willing to pay the previous value and Ashley willing to drop the CAT case, I can't see how this results in the deal getting the go-ahead.

Bein, as a broadcaster being stolen from complaining is absolutely fine. It’s the on field competition getting involved which is corrupt. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Not quite, I’d think. 

The only reason separation was important was so that KSA - effectively a state authorising piracy of the EPL - weren’t in charge of an EPL club. 

If the piracy of EPL rights is resolved, that need evaporates. 

BeIn could still lobby, and hence the CAT hearings, as that would be legally questionable, but the EPL can have issues with piracy of their intellectual without being lobbied by BeIn?

Just now, ManDoon said:

My guess is it’s an easy out for the PL, no more hassle, piracy stopped they can just wave it through, it all goes away nicely 

Masters will have slept properly for the 1st time last night knowing this news was coming. It would be utterly ridiculous not to us this as an out. They don’t even have to explain themselves. Continue on and it’s damage limitation with by then some ultra pissed parties wanting to cause as much pain as possible.

Fair play though if they are as stubborn as my lass and continue on. It takes a lot of effort to chew your own nose off to spite your face [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Bein, as a broadcaster being stolen from complaining is absolutely fine. It’s the on field competition getting involved which is corrupt. 

One of the only specific allegations we're aware of from the CAT case is that beIN influenced the PL's decision, it was raised at last week's hearing.

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Not quite, I’d think. 

The only reason separation was important was so that KSA - effectively a state authorising piracy of the EPL - weren’t in charge of an EPL club. 

BeIn could still lobby, and hence the CAT hearings, as that would be legally questionable, but the EPL can have issues with piracy of their intellectual without being lobbied by BeIn?

That's not the case, the PL's decision related to who would 'control' the club only, there was no assessment carried out under the O&D test of any director.

We all know their real motivation was due to the piracy, but that's not what is being considered in the arbitration or CAT case.  

56 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m not one for telling people what they should and shouldn’t post but if this goes thru can we ban any twitter posts back slapping Keith as he’s had fuck all to do with it 

I'd rather ban the ones who made such an issue of it tbh. Him and his type kept the faith even if it was misguided, much rather him than Penn and Baldward types sneering at all our hopes going up in flames. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Not quite, I’d think. 

The PL's position has never been "KSA's a director, but it can't be a director because piracy." It's been "KSA is a director because of the relationship between KSA and PIF, full stop. So KSA has to acknowledge it's a director and give us the declaration and information required under the rules, which it hasn't done." As a matter of logic, removing piracy doesn't solve that issue. I don't doubt that piracy was an issue, or even the sole issue, driving the PL behind the scenes, but they've never copped to that before, and to let this go through now they'd either have to cop to that or just say "Yeah, so we just decided we were wrong about that whole director thing. Soz."

Guest neesy111
12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

My guess is it’s an easy out for the PL, no more hassle, piracy stopped they can just wave it through, it all goes away nicely 

Good win for the PL I'd say.  More bidders in middle East the better for them.