PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

After the Leeds game (apparently), was also a post earlier saying they wont be reopening either

they could sell them with a 20% mark up with games already played and be sold out in hours of the takeover being confirmed. 

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'd hope the price has already been agreed way back at the start of last year and the offer has always been on the table providing all obstacles are cleared.

Ashley fucks about with the deal and winds up with a date with a bonesaw.  Either way he's gone.

If they have then Justin Barnes would possibly be guilty of contempt of court because he gave an affidavit submitted in evidence for the CAT hearing that no new deal has been agreed or discussed.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

They could say that and let it go through, but logically it doesn't hold water. The rules don't say "test someone when there's a complaint," they say "you're a director under factual circumstances x, y, and z, and as a director you've got to do 1, 2, and 3."

Pretty sure the rules leave it entirely up to the PL to decide who should be named as a director (with the caveat that it can be contested obviously).  So the PL can just say its changed its mind.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

If they have then Justin Barnes would possibly be guilty of contempt of court because he gave an affidavit submitted in evidence for the CAT hearing that no new deal has been agreed or discussed.

Shame.

Just now, Teasy said:

Pretty sure the rules leave it entirely up to the PL to decide who should be named as a director (with the caveat that it can be contested obviously).  So the PL can just say its changed its mind.

The PL have already established their position and are currently defending that position in a case that could see them liable for ten of millions in damages. They can't just change their mind now, to do so would be admitting liability.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

The PL have already established their position and are currently defending that position in a case that could see them liable for ten of millions in damages. They can't just change their mind now, to do so would be admitting liability.

If Ashley gets his full price that goes away as well. To be honest the mention of renegotiations and price changes is probably just to reflect that he had a case. Pif aren’t going to worry about £30m and stall any further, they’ll be i5ching to get in and get a new manager in place before Spurs.

They can change their mind, whether they will is the question.  Admitting liability isn't required if the PL and the new owners/Ashley reach a agreement for everyone to move forward happily.

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If Ashley gets his full price that goes away as well. To be honest the mention of renegotiations and price changes is probably just to reflect that he had a case. Pif aren’t going to worry about £30m and stall any further, they’ll be i5ching to get in and get a new manager in place before Spurs.

True but that would have to be coordinated and agreed by all three parties, Ashley, the PL and the consortium.

The consortium would essentially be paying for the PL's liability, maybe a few tens of millions is so little to PIF that they'd be willing to do that to get the deal done. I hope so.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Here comes Ryder! 

Newcastle United insiders believe that the club's takeover could now boil down to an out of court agreement between Mike Ashley and the Premier League.

ChronicleLive understands that Ashley now feels there is no reason why the deal can't be pushed through - and as he has suggested before he feels the club is already sold.

An insider close to the deal said: "Mike thought the club was sold in April 2020 and he believes he has a deal now.

"It's all down to Mike and the Premier League now."

And there is even a suggestion that the club's arbitration battle - set for January 2022 - could be dropped, paving the way for the Premier League to grant Amanda Staveley, Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund and the Reuben brothers to complete the £340million takeover they had set up for 2020.

However, with the piracy row now out of the equation in the eyes of some, it is believed that Ashley may need only smooth over the legal row between himself, Richard Masters and top-flight officials.

With the Premier League also keen to avoid some of the negative storylines emerging from the club's battle with the top-flight, both sides may be able to come to an agreement.

Those within the consortium have stated before that Saudi Arabia - the country - would have no say in running the club.

Suggestions from Qatar are that beIN's objection to the takeover would now be rescinded although that hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

The Premier League, Newcastle United and the Middle East have all been approached for comment.

The Premier League have declined to comment at this stage.

Again though I'm not saying this will go through, because I refuse to do that to myself again.  For this to happen the consortium still have to agree to the full price and Ashley has to agree to play nice with the PL.  Otherwise the PL will keep being stubborn just to guard against liability.

EDIT yeah I agree Jackie Broon

Edited by Teasy

True but that would have to be coordinated and agreed by all three parties, Ashley, the PL and the consortium.

The consortium would essentially be paying for the PL's liability, maybe a few tens of millions it's so little to PIF that they'd be willing to do that to get the deal done. I hope so.

I reckon that’s exactly what has been happening in the last 24 hours since the major players knew what was coming. Soon as that’s done and everyone is happy we’ll hear something. Could be very soon the speed everyone wants this to be sorted.