PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, jrcarn said:

Very quickly, sorry for upsetting anyone and with genuine hope that this question gets shut down as quickly as possible… can someone reassure me about how this news will help us getting out of our current predicament of being in a relegation battle. Are we hoping for a new manager impact in the main?

I did notice that odds checker have moved us from second favourite to fourth favourite today, so there is hope.

imo a new caretaker/manager can get us out of the shit well enough before presumably signing a player or two in January.

1 minute ago, jrcarn said:

Very quickly, sorry for upsetting anyone and with genuine hope that this question gets shut down as quickly as possible… can someone reassure me about how this news will help us getting out of our current predicament of being in a relegation battle. Are we hoping for a new manager impact in the main?

I did notice that odds checker have moved us from second favourite to fourth favourite today, so there is hope.

To be honest if we got relegated would it even matter? we'd surely be back in the PL within 2 seasons at the least. The only loss would be ASM would definitely leave.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Parts of the squad are totally fine, we just have a cabbage playing our best player as a CF.

Ok cool, that’s fine, thank you. We can get back to optimism now. 

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

"Deader than a dead thing from Deadland." :lol:

Fuck off you slippery creep. 

Why do so many in the media world seem to hate us? It's like he wants the club to suffer

I was one of the few (rational) positive voices on here in the very darkest days, confident that something was being worked out behind the scenes even when pretty much everyone was convinced the takeover was dead, but I just can't bring myself to get excited, yet.

Just now, Klaus said:

Why do so many in the media world seem to hate us? It's like he wants the club to suffer

They just know talking shit about us gets a rise so they love it. Amazing how people can't cotton on to it instead of giving them all the attention they crave.

1 minute ago, ShoTime said:

They just know talking shit about us gets a rise so they love it. Amazing how people can't cotton on to it instead of giving them all the attention they crave.

They were also around in the mid 90s and know what a force we can be when we are United.

They’re all fucking terrified.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

I was one of the few (rational) positive voices on here in the very darkest days, confident that something was being worked out behind the scenes even when pretty much everyone was convinced the takeover was dead, but I just can't bring myself to get excited, yet.

I know what you mean. Technically we are all jumping the gun, slightly. But I have personally lost all resilience and can’t wait any longer.

Just now, Sima said:

They were also around in the mid 90s and know what a force we can be when we are United.

A lot of it will be about keeping us northerners in our place as well, of that I've no doubt. 

Guest HTT II
46 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He created the site tbf 

I was to  @ToonTastic what Terry Mac was to KK in all honesty, who deserves most of the credit, in all it’s incarnations as a site, from nufc.nu, to Howaythetoon.com to N.O and since those days there have been many many fine members who have kept this place going, kept it alive and to be the great forum it is today. Oh and I seem to recall a certain @Shearergolwas the originator of the original 3.00pm shite, god I love this forum at times and SOOOOON :love:

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Embrace it mate, we're about to become one of the most hated clubs in the world and I couldn't be more happier about it.

14 minutes ago, jrcarn said:

You'd like to think a competent manager and some smart spending in January would be enough to keep us in the league, aided further by the increase in spirits that will be felt in our upcoming home matches.