PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Took my boy to his footy training just while it was all being officially announced/ratified by the club/PL and during the warm up all the kids were saying how NUFC are now the richest club in the world and they were saying we should sign Mbappé or whoever the daft little cunts. They’ve obviously picked it up from their dads as my son did as I was litterally on cloud nine taking him to training, but that’s a buzz for NUFC I’ve never see amongst this group of 7 year olds in the 2 years they’ve been together and all the parents were buzzing too and actually wanted training cancelled so we could all be glued to SSN/N.O/Twitter or whatever or to actually go to the stadium as a few parents ended up doing after training taking their kids down. This is bigger for the future generation than any of us, again I grew up on the KK era, experienced the Sir Bobby years and that brief spell with Rafa, our kids are going to training in City kits, or Liverpool or whoever. I guarantee very soon, that will change. My boy knows my stance on NUFC/Ashley and he said does that mean we can now go to games, says it all! It reminds me when we were kids and went to school following KK returning as manager, which we got from our dads, most of us never having heard of him. 

Going to be so great for the young kids man as football is such a great way for fathers to bond with their kids. Fantastic stuff :thup:

Edited by KaKa

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Took my boy to his footy training just while it was all being officially announced/ratified by the club/PL and during the warm up all the kids were saying how NUFC are now the richest club in the world and they were saying we should sign Mbappé or whoever the daft little cunts. They’ve obviously picked it up from their dads as my son did as I was litterally on cloud nine taking him to training, but that’s a buzz for NUFC I’ve never see amongst this group of 7 year olds in the 2 years they’ve been together and all the parents were buzzing too and actually wanted training cancelled so we could all be glued to SSN/N.O/Twitter or whatever or to actually go to the stadium as a few parents ended up doing after training taking their kids down. This is bigger for the future generation than any of us, again I grew up on the KK era, experienced the Sir Bobby years and that brief spell with Rafa, our kids are going to training in City kits, or Liverpool or whoever. I guarantee very soon, that will change. My boy knows my stance on NUFC/Ashley and he said does that mean we can now go to games, says it all! It reminds me when we were kids and went to school following KK returning as manager, which we got from our dads, most of us never having heard of him. 

Fucking beautiful. 

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I was a bit bitter when Man City were bought I'll admit, so that's good of you.

Just happy to have rid of him first and foremost. Anything else is a bonus. And because of how it feels to have a club back, can only imagine enjoying the good and bad of that right now.

The only consolation with Man City was that they're real fans and for the numbers of those they deserved it (rather than Chelsea/Blackburn) would like others to see it that way with us. Its been horrid under Ashley - not caring if you go down or get promoted is was ridiculous.

Yeah I can't imagine how frustrating it was under Ashley, such a huge fan base and having someone who obviously isn't interested in investing in the club and have the objective of not getting relegated as the criteria for the season.

Just out of interest does the club have the opportunity to raise funds via ffp?

Everton are doing this via a new stadium, naming rights etc etc.

How will Newcastle invest per say

Hard to say not knowing the extent to which Ashley has bobby-trapped things (sold the land off around the ground, diverted club shop funds to S**** D****  revenues has barely grown since he came etc.)

I'm not after much personally though so am placated. Think some people might not be.

The Keegan way would be a blue-print ideally. Surge of fans > income > sign some decent players > winning streak > even more surge of fans and so on but different times now, so?

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 minutes ago, Toffee said:

Yeah I can't imagine how frustrating it was under Ashley, such a huge fan base and having someone who obviously isn't interested in investing in the club and have the objective of not getting relegated as the criteria for the season.

Since FFP runs over multiple years & since Mike Ashley was so tightfisted, the club is actually in the position where they can spend quite heavily without causing problems.  Plus, there's always the option of random Saudi clubs being forced to coming in to buy our surplus trash for unexpectedly large sums.

5 minutes ago, Toffee said:

in the short term so little has been spent on players and wages that we can spend a lot of money and comply with FFP.

not sustainable in long run however

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Be interesting to find out if the consortium signed some kind of NDA or whether we'll hear how much Ashley was siphoning out of the club and how.

Surely an undisclosed fee!🤷‍♂️😉

Guest HTT II

I actually tried to get out of taking my boy to training by feigning a funny turn and wor lass was like fuck off, you just want to be glued to this takeover stuff, get your son to training, I was in a right sulk, then she screen shotted the PL confirmation statement to me while I was there and I showed the parents and we all did a jig, a dance and a big cheer, it was surreal. One of the boys’ granddad was there and he had tears in his eyes, he’s been going for decades but jacked it in. And training tonight was fucking lively as fuck. Parents, coaches, kids, just buzzing. We are all NUFC at the end of the day and this has been a long time coming. 

I’m still on disbelief. It feels like I am in a football-driven dream, and I’ll wake up in a second and be like: “aww, it was just a dream”.

I checked Skysports news at 5:30 before I left for home, there it was confirmed. I was the only one left in the office, and I took full opportunity to have a song and dance. I didn’t leave until six out of sheer delight and shock that it’s actually happened.

2 hours ago, Beren said:

Feel like watching those old @pedro111's player montage videos with the soundtracks :laugh: I'm sure they're saved on my laptop somewhere!

Fuckin hell they are a blast from the past! Glad someone remembers them!  Must be 15 years since I made them! The passion that made me spend hours slaving away to make them was sucked away by Ashley to the point I could no longer watch any football but tonight it is being reignited and it feels fucking amazing!

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looks amazing.

It's like the Keegan days. I'd lost hope that sort of passion was still there. Shame those sort of supporters have probably been priced out of St James Park these days.