Jump to content

PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media


Recommended Posts

Fair play to her she seems v bullish about this going through. 
 

Agree with others about the Premier League boxing themselves in. What they are doing here is absolutely unbelievable. Not only are they totally going against their own mission statement by not allowing the club to level up via outside investment but they are also denying the area itself from much needed regeneration. And for what? The benefit of six of the traditional big clubs? Those same clubs who have made not one but two power grabs in the last 12 months alone. This just isn’t right. Masters and Hoffman have only succeeded in making themselves look unbelievably weak and stupid with this whole saga. The best thing they could do is quietly wave it through because it’s clear this is something we won’t let lie. 

 

 

Edited by BennyBlanco

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Simon Jordan is one of those people who loves the sound of their own voice, think that everything they say is correct as long as they talk eloquently even if what they are saying is absolute tripe.

 

Ego bigger than Ashley's bootcut jeans.

 

 

 

This

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Menace said:

People seem to forget she was spouting this shite to Caulkin 12 months ago.

 

That's because before the big 6 brought Hoffman in the deal was on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

She's hardly going to say she's not very confident on live radio, especially to Simon Jordan who slated her last week. I'm not convinced it will happen and I think her coming out in public to try and put pressure on the PL also suggests she's not totally confident either. I suppose there's always a chance, fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recon the PL have put so much effort into blocking it now they couldnt say yes even if they wanted to. So are waiting for one of the cases to go against them so they can say "we are not happy we lost and yes it is now going to complete"

It would explain why everyone on our side is so confident

i dunno just a thought that occured to me

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't give a fuck about public transparent arbitration tbh.

 

Just pass the fucking takeover.  The fans want it so fucking do it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think it’s disgraceful we’ve not had any sort of comment from the PL. Not even a bit of placating waffle.

I’m hoping this means we are quite close, one way or the other, and they’re stalling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Premier League continues to insist every aspect of this process is confidential they won't say a word, even when it's done. I know the hearing is "The proceedings of an arbitration convened under this Section X shall be confidential and shall be conducted in private." although the club say the league can make it public if both parties agree.

 

The outcome of arbitration I imagine is private too? I know the EFL are more open in that regard publishing decisions and all but they're after clubs constantly it feels like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Menace said:

People seem to forget she was spouting this shite to Caulkin 12 months ago.

To be fair to her, the government documents released seem to vindicate her. The prime minister was told a deal to conclude the sale was imminent ffs so she had every right to be confident. What nobody could count on was just how much influence BeIn and certain members of the top 6 had over Masters and Hoffman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

To be fair to her, the government documents released seem to vindicate her. The prime minister was told a deal to conclude the sale was imminent ffs so she had every right to be confident. What nobody could count on was just how much influence BeIn and certain members of the top 6 had over Masters and Hoffman.

 

Honestly think Masters is just the monkey, it's Hoffman who is the organ grinder.

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

 

Honestly think Masters is just the Monkey, it's Hoffman who is the organ grinder.


Agree. It all went sideways once they brought this dodgy cunt in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danny said:

I recon the PL have put so much effort into blocking it now they couldnt say yes even if they wanted to. So are waiting for one of the cases to go against them so they can say "we are not happy we lost and yes it is now going to complete"

It would explain why everyone on our side is so confident

i dunno just a thought that occured to me

 

Agree with this. They’ve got to follow it to its conclusion now, that way they can go back to the clubs and broadcasters who they are clearly beholden to and wash their hands of it. I do hope Ashley totally takes them to the cleaners though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slim said:

I honestly don't give a fuck about public transparent arbitration tbh.

 

Just pass the fucking takeover.  The fans want it so fucking do it.

 

It's as simple as that like, we care about the takeover going through, not if arb is in public or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All well and good a few people went down London today, but the sad thing is you had you're chance Vs Sheffield United and they blew it when other clubs made bigger noise around the breakaway

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, astraguy said:

All well and good a few people went down London today, but the sad thing is you had you're chance Vs Sheffield United and they blew it when other clubs made bigger noise around the breakaway

 

???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astraguy said:

All well and good a few people went down London today, but the sad thing is you had you're chance Vs Sheffield United and they blew it when other clubs made bigger noise around the breakaway

Sorry, having trouble with this. A further explanation would be appreciated 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astraguy said:

All well and good a few people went down London today, but the sad thing is you had you're chance Vs Sheffield United and they blew it when other clubs made bigger noise around the breakaway

Has your phone been typing away while it was in your pocket bud

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media inject a further £38.5M to cover day-to-day running costs (The Athletic)
  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...