PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

53 minutes ago, STM said:

How many other clubs in a similar situation would have sparked the scenes like last night?

Very few.

How many would have put up with the past 14 years. The loyalist football supporters in the world works both ways. But now we have an owner [or figurehead] that recognises that for what it is, not what profit it can generate.

12 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

So similar. Went home for dinner heard it. Incredibly had English next lesson in the afternoon, upstairs big windows overlooking the area, sun shone, everything felt different (hadn't even known KK as a player).

I was only 6 when he left and not interested in football then, I clearly remember the buzz around him playing for Newcastle and his last match... Although part of that is that I'd gone to a nursery run by a Mrs Keegan and thought she was his mam [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

How many would have put up with the past 14 years. The loyalist football supporters in the world works both ways. But now we have an owner [or figurehead] that recognises that for what it is, not what profit it can generate.

Mind I've no issue with them making profit if possible whilst growing the club.

My biggest gripe with Ashley's way was it was to trim everything to within an inch of its life to make very marginal profit.

This club when moving can feel unstoppable, and that doesn't always mean spend a fuck ton of money. But you will reap the benefits of a successful nufc in almost positive!

Just now, NE27 said:

My biggest gripe with Ashley's way was it was to trim everything to within an inch of its life to make very marginal profit.

This club when moving can feel unstoppable, and that doesn't always mean spend a fuck ton of money. But you will reap the benefits of a successful nufc in almost positive!

Exactly my view when people criticise John Hall. Whatever he got he only got by completely transforming the club and did a good job, perfectly fine with that, in fact that's just reasonable.

Just now, NE27 said:

Oh aye. I have no problem with people making profit from being successful. But Ashley thought he could milk the passions of this great city.

Not sure how it went in the end, but his motivation was always to drive profit through SD. 

14 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Fuck right off, prick! Complicity? Like we have a fucking choice! Get to fuck. You want a grown-up conversation about it but come out with shit like that! 

You're bang on about the Saudi government being horrific, despite PIF being proven legally separate (like [insert big UK based organisation] is to the UK). But we all know it's bollocks and PIF is very much the Saudi Government. Nobody wants that to be the case. You condescending prick. 

BUT, how the fuck do fans of the club get blamed for this? Do Uber customers get blamed? F1 fans get blamed? Kids watching Disney get blamed? No, because it's pathetic to blame the normal person for the actions of a country-sized regime. Pathetic and cowardly. 

Like so many (including some on here), you think doing your bit is coming on a forum and going after the easy targets. Basically a coward. You're so uncommitted to your own cause...you'd rather attack easy, innocent targets than the real cause of the issue you claim to protest. 

I fucking despise people masquerading as woke social justice warriors who don't have the courage to go after the rich and powerful who commit these crimes, but instead act superior to those who have no fucking say in them and are objectively innocent of them. And you do it from the easy, and risk-free comfort of your home.

Yeh, blaming the fans fucking triggered me. I'm fucking fed up of dumb people blaming those who have no choice or say. 

You fucking coward. 

What he said.

POTY

3 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

PIF are worth 700 billion according to The Times. Seven hundred billion.

1 million seconds  11 days

1 billion seconds is 31 years

700 billion seconds is 22196 years

The number is almost too big to grasp

Edited by arnonel

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Oh aye. I have no problem with people making profit from being successful. But Ashley thought he could milk the passions of this great city.

Not sure how it went in the end, but his motivation was always to drive profit through SD. 

When you think about it Ashley profits from failure alone.

He buys up cheap stock of failed companies and sells it cheap to failed individuals.

Just now, Nasdotin said:

Also u dont given human life a shit.

Amnesty is that you?

But seriously, we have a thread that discusses this in more depth if you want that conversation.

Just now, Nasdotin said:

Joined up 8 minutes ago, 9 posts, 8 of which are spamming a video into every thread around.

Wearside IP address, perchance? Or a bitter "Big 6" fan? Which is it?

12 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

PIF are worth 700 billion according to The Times. Seven hundred billion.

think they aim to be worth two trillion within the next ten years. Meaning we are probably several times richer than every other club in the world combined.

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Joined up 8 minutes ago, 9 posts, 8 of which are spamming a video into every thread around.

Wearside IP address, perchance? Or a bitter "Big 6" fan? Which is it?

im not big six fan.  No london teams fan or sunderland.

Are u happy now? 

Guest reefatoon
8 minutes ago, Nasdotin said:

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, Nasdotin said:

im not big six fan.  No london teams fan or sunderland.

Are u happy now? 

Are you happy? You seem to have some difficulty explaining what it is you're here for?